https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Charlie Adam anyone ??

Started by clanky, July 09, 2014, 01:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: HatterDon on July 09, 2014, 04:06:46 PM
I find most of these comments baffling.

We're a Championship side basing our hopes and dreams on young players we've never seen but Charlie Adam would be a step backwards? Really? Did you see us play last season?

As much as i would like us to go straight back up i also wanna keep as much dignity and class as we can. Adams a thug, the player i was most ashamed of in a fulham shirt was brown, he wasnt terrible just like adam isnt but for what he is i think it sends the club backwards from an image perspective. Lansbury would be a decent buy. We might as well get glenn whelan and karl henry as well if we want adam.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

jarv

On his day, outstanding footballer but there may not be too many of those days left. A bit slow but he won't be short of offers. Danny Murphy wasn't exactly quick, so could do the same job going forward. Much rather have him than Parker in the middle.

crazycottager

I'd take him, we need a bit of grit if we're going to do well in the championship

Deanothefulhamfan

I would be disgusted if we signed Adam.... one of the most horrible footballers in the game.

jmh

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 09, 2014, 04:11:48 PM

We're a Championship side basing our hopes and dreams on young players we've never seen but Charlie Adam would be a step backwards? Really? Did you see us play last season?

As much as i would like us to go straight back up i also wanna keep as much dignity and class as we can. Adams a thug, the player i was most ashamed of in a fulham shirt was brown, he wasnt terrible just like adam isnt but for what he is i think it sends the club backwards from an image perspective. Lansbury would be a decent buy. We might as well get glenn whelan and karl henry as well if we want adam.
Michael Brown most certainly was terrible; Adam is a thug too but at least he has some skill to his game.

(Not to say I want him, but comparing him to Michael Brown is a bit harsh.)

Lighthouse

But we did see the way we played last season. We had a bunch of old men with nothing going forward. That is exactly the reason we don't need players like Adam.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SadOldGit

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: jmh on July 09, 2014, 05:07:20 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 09, 2014, 04:11:48 PM

Michael Brown most certainly was terrible; Adam is a thug too but at least he has some skill to his game.

(Not to say I want him, but comparing him to Michael Brown is a bit harsh.)

Look if you wanna say brown was terrible ill go with that. Based on ability in my opinion weve had worse but i HATED him with a passion. The player i hate more than anyone else that has ever played for fulham. So the fact that adam reminds me of brown even in the slightest puts me off.

The fact we didnt wanna keep sidwell and hes gone to stoke. Now stoke dont want adam should stop anyone even considering signing him.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

@jolslover

Nope, not my type of player
STH H3

Rhys Lightning 63

Quick question. If Scotland vote YES to Independence (I doubt they will, but you never know), will Ross and (potentially) Charlie Adam count as overseas players?
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on July 09, 2014, 08:32:13 PM
Quick question. If Scotland vote YES to Independence (I doubt they will, but you never know), will Ross and (potentially) Charlie Adam count as overseas players?

Call me stupid but in football terms ive always considered anyone from wales, scotland, ireland who plays in england as an overseas player. If your not english your not english.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 09, 2014, 09:00:30 PM
Call me stupid but in football terms ive always considered anyone from wales, scotland, ireland who plays in england as an overseas player. If your not english your not english.

I think the 'homegrown' rule is for British players and seeing as Scotland would therefore be out of Great Britain, would that effect them in any way. Or would they be 'grandfathered in' and be eligible because they were 'homegrown' before the change   
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Max Headroom

clanky

Glad I've started a good debate here and have signed up for a 10% finders fee.

Nice to have a sensible polite debate unlike other fans' forums.

My view for what it's worth is that we some battlers to get back up and feel that only Parker has that ability ( to some degree )

Not sure what our midfield will look like but if we are intending to keep Ruiz we definitely need some grip.

My view is that most successful teams need such a player to provide a suitable blend

Thanks for all your comments, I do feel some optimism breaking out which is to be curbed immediately. We appear to be moving forward and making some decent looking signings,  but time will tell. Looking forward to the new season already

COYW

DevonFFC

I would take him, box to box, likes to put himself about, bit if grit, grabs few goals, long a pass and decent set piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmg

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on July 09, 2014, 09:18:56 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 09, 2014, 09:00:30 PM

I think the 'homegrown' rule is for British players and seeing as Scotland would therefore be out of Great Britain, would that effect them in any way. Or would they be 'grandfathered in' and be eligible because they were 'homegrown' before the change   

Home-grown players do not have to be English; home-grown players are defined as those who "irrespective of nationality or age, have been affiliated to the FA or Welsh FA for a period of three seasons or 36 months prior to 21st birthday"

For instance Senderos, when he was with us, was counted as 'homegrown' because he joined Arsenal at 17.
My reading of the situation is that McCormack, who did not join Cardiff until he was 22 would not count as 'homegrown' whatever Scotland decided to do.

Artful Dodger

I would take Adam. That year he had with Blackpool, he was the main reason they still had a chance of staying up on the last day of the season. Not sure why he has such a reputation as a thug other than he joined Stoke where they are told to kick people! I reckon he would be good in the Championship where things can get quite physical!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Forever Fulham

Every game I've seem him in, he played hard every minute.  He has enough foot speed.  Plenty of grit and determination.  No quit in him.  He won't win any games on momentary bits of brilliance.  That's not his game.  But he can pass well, defend well, and moves well without the ball, fighting to be in the right place at the right time.  I'd take him for sure.  If anyone touches Bryan Ruiz, he can go Medieval on his ass.   (Sorry, I've always wanted to use that expression in a sentence.) The Championship is full of tough customers.  Provocateurs.  Angry and not sure why types.  You need a guy like Adam who can play AND be ready to spread the gospel of attitude.

Pie and mash

Quote from: clanky on July 09, 2014, 01:32:17 PM
it's reported that Mark Hughes will be releasing a number of senior players, Adams being on of them.

A hard tackling, hard working midfielder I reckon he could help to fill the void left by Sidderrs and give us some bite.

Any takers ?

PS at least the Brazilians now know what it's been like supporting FFC all these years !

COYW

Sorry if this has been asked already, but where has this been reported?

Just had a look at Adam's Twitter and he's done the usual "back to training with the lads, looking forward to the season" type tweets

RaySmith

Yes, we're arguing about whether or not he would be a good signing, but he hasn't even been released by Stoke, and Fulham have shown no interest in him as far as we know!