watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (10/07/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 10, 2014, 09:18:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham's nightmare will only get worse under 'difficult' Felix Magath, says Brede Hangeland
Former Fulham captain Brede Hangeland has launched a bitter attack on Felix Magath, and believes the manager contributed to last season's relegation

Former Fulham captain Brede Hangeland has launched a scathing attack on manager Felix Magath.

Norwegian defender Hangeland claims the management style of the German, who took over at Craven Cottage in February, actually contributed to their relegation last season.

The 33-year-old also feels Magath is not the right man to lead Fulham to promotion next term.

Hangeland told Sky Sports News: "He's very difficult to work with. He's a very strict manager and his main tool is to try to mentally and physically batter his players and hopefully get some results out of that.

"Is that the right fit for English football? I don't think so. I thought rather than help us try to avoid relegation he made things worse.

"I hope I'm wrong but I don't think he is the right man [to get Fulham promoted] and things will get worse before they get better."

Hangeland left Craven Cottage under a cloud this summer after six and a half years in west London, and last month revealed he only found out he was being released from his contract via email.

But the player added he would have been willing to stay with the Cottagers in the Championship had he received assurances about the future direction of the club.

He said: "With the right signs and the right players coming in I would have been prepared to stay.

"There was a release clause in my contract which they decided to take. I would have hoped for at least [to have been told] face-to-face or a pat on the back after six and a half years."

Fulham have since insisted that "all personal protocol was followed" when Hangeland was informed of his release.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/championship/10957731/Fulhams-nightmare-will-only-get-worse-under-difficult-Felix-Magath-says-Brede-Hangeland.html

WhiteJC

Parker On Pre-Season

Pre-season training under Felix Magath has been tough but enjoyable, says Fulham midfielder Scott Parker.

The Whites are being put through their paces ahead of a new season for the first time under the German boss.

And Parker has been impressed by Magath's methods as the Whites look to start the Sky Bet Championship campaign in a positive fashion.

"Training's been really good," Parker told the official website. "It's been intense but we wouldn't expect it or want it any other way ahead of a new season.

"The gaffer is working us hard and the boys are looking sharp as a result. Everyone's raring to go.

"There are a lot of young boys in the squad so they're eager to impress and there are a few new signings as well who are looking to show what they can do.

"We want to hit the ground running. There are a lot of opportunities for everyone in the squad and that makes it a good environment for everyone."

Of the new signings, the Fulham squad have been joined in recent days by Ross McCormack, last season's top scorer in the Championship with Leeds United.

It's a capture that Parker is impressed by, with the former Tottenham Hotspur man adding: "It's a statement of intent from the Owner and the Club as we try and bounce back into the Premier League as quick as we can. That's obviously our aim this year.

"Ross had a great season last year; he scored a lot of goals in a Leeds team who weren't up near the top of the table. It's good to have him on board."

Parker and the majority of Fulham's First Team squad are currently based in Scotland as they play three pre-season friendlies north of the border.

Parker played the first half of Saturday's 3-0 win at East Fife, with Fulham taking on Rangers in a behind-closed-doors encounter at the Ibrox club's training ground on Thursday, before a date with Motherwell this weekend.

The 33-year-old, who wore the Captain's armband against the Fifers, is looking forward to the two tests against the Gers and 'Well.

"The first few pre-season games are always quite tough," he said. "You're not really looking at the performance side of it, you're just looking to add to your fitness and get up to speed as quickly as you can. But the lads did very well at East Fife.

"We have two good tests coming up against Rangers and Motherwell. Both will be tough games. Motherwell have got a Europa League game the following week so they're probably a little bit ahead of us in terms of pre-season fitness. But we'll be more than ready to give them a game."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/july/09/parker?

WhiteJC

Fulham prepared to make £3m bid for Sheffield United defender Harry Maguire

Fulham are prepared to offer Sheffield United £3 million for defender Harry Maguire, reports the Daily Star.

Maguire has been attracting interest this summer from Wolverhampton Wanderers and Premier League side Hull City.

Wolves have had two bids rejected and it was rumoured that Hull were prepared to make a £2m bid for the defender but since then interest has seemed to cooled off.

The 21-year-old, who has a year left on his current contract with the Blades, has stalled on talks over a new deal with the club but should Maguire run out his contract at Bramall Lane, United will receive a compensation fee as he under 24.

The Blades have recently said they are under no pressure to sell their star defender.

Maguire has made 166 appearances for Sheffield United since making his debut in April 2011, scoring 12 goals.

Fulham are splashing the cash as they prepare to bounce back into the Premier League at the first attempt. The Cottagers have just recently spent £11m on Leeds United striker Ross McCormack.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-lining-up-3m-move-fo-harry-maguire413/