https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Still slightly concerned

Started by Admin, July 10, 2014, 10:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tslyon

Quote from: JBH on July 11, 2014, 12:50:55 PM
Quote from: Delboy on July 11, 2014, 09:31:22 AM
It is true, we have a very young team at the moment. But ! and its a big but. Could we actually do a Southampton? Come back up with some well nurtured youngsters. I believe we can as long as they are pointed in the right direction. Felix seems to be doing this and giving our young guns the chance to show what they're about. Only time will tell.

067.gif "You cannot win things with kids"  065.gif

Sorry mate, but I have to disagree with you on this one.  Many underdog stories feature "kids".  In my skewed view of the sporting world, look at the US hockey team from 1980.  Those kids beat the world...Or Gardner upseting Karelin.  History has shown more than once youth and desire can overcome the odds.  Unless I am missing the point and you are saying our team is not kids, but rather professional footballers...

Cheers,

Steve

JBH

Quote from: tslyon on July 11, 2014, 01:07:23 PM
It is true, we have a very young team at the moment. But ! and its a big but. Could we actually do a Southampton? Come back up with some well nurtured youngsters. I believe we can as long as they are pointed in the right direction. Felix seems to be doing this and giving our young guns the chance to show what they're about. Only time will tell.

Sorry mate, but I have to disagree with you on this one.  Many underdog stories feature "kids".  In my skewed view of the sporting world, look at the US hockey team from 1980.  Those kids beat the world...Or Gardner upseting Karelin.  History has shown more than once youth and desire can overcome the odds.  Unless I am missing the point and you are saying our team is not kids, but rather professional footballers...

Cheers,

Steve

You obviously haven't got a clue about the reference I have used so i will explain:

A certain TV pundit said some years ago that when the Man UTD side was made up of young players called Bechham, Scholes, Butt, Giggs etc that "You cannot win things with kids"

Man U went on to win the Premierhip title that season

westcliff white

i think JBH was referring to Alan Hansens ill fated comments. for me I think Gaining auto promotion with youngsters will be a tough ask, however we are rebuilding, players we have not heard of or very few have so it is hard to tell how they will perform individually and as a team. Personally I would like to see a few more proven players that we know can do a job, that's not saying the ones we have cant but every little helps. I also appreciate there will be players that FM knows that we don't that may be bale to do it too, but until we see them play I reserve judgment. I am not FM's biggest fan, for me the inconsistent team selection last year, some bizarre selections left me wondering if he was up to the task or been out of the game for too long, I hope he proves me wrong but I am not as confident as some on here (which for me being an optimist is quite unusual).

But even with my doubts, they carry our flag, wear our colours so every player, coach and manager will always get my 100% backing no matter how much I doubt them.
Every day is a Fulham day

tslyon

Quote from: JBH on July 11, 2014, 01:23:50 PM
Quote from: JBH on July 11, 2014, 01:23:50 PM

Cheers,

Steve

You obviously haven't got a clue about the reference I have used so i will explain:

A certain TV pundit said some years ago that when the Man UTD side was made up of young players called Bechham, Scholes, Butt, Giggs etc that "You cannot win things with kids"

Cheers,

Steve

Nope, that cultural reference was lost on me.  Thank you kindly for the explanation.

Cheers,

Steve