Motherwell 0 vs Fulham 2

Started by Blanco, July 12, 2014, 01:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Rhys Lightning 63

U18s win 4-1, U21's currently 3-0 up and the first team 2-0 up. We're THIS close to a pre-season clean sweep.
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Deanothefulhamfan

Is that full time??? Great result if so.... Exciting team with potential everywhere across the pitch.

Never been so happy with a Fulham lineup as I was today... I know it is a friendly, but it is really exciting

Blanco

Yeah. 0-2 full time. Dominant performance from Fulham. From what I can see on twitter etc... haha

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: MasterHaynes on July 12, 2014, 03:24:04 PM
So pleased for Hyndman, with all the focus on Dembele and Roberts he slipped under the radar, for me he was the best player in the U18's last year and when he didn't play we were only half the team we were with him. Technique, maturity with great vision and never wastes a ball

Quite right, I was speaking to the academy chaps nearly 2 years ago and they told me then that They expected Hyndman to in time make it, he's not your typical all action American , he's a very intelligent player, technically very good and intelligent enough to know not to go flying into tackles, he breaks up play a lot by reading the opposition passes and intercepting them rather than getting stuck in

MasterHaynes

Wow, any of the 16 players that played could have been in the starting 11. Motherwell were playing 7 of the players that won 1-0 at Aberdeen their last game of the season. Looks like we outplayed the team that came 2nd last year and could have won even more comfortably. No Woodrow, Amorbieta, Taggart add Dejegah to the forwards that played we are overflowing with forward options. What a difference from the end of last season.

Fernhurst

Impressive performance...... Motherwell are no mugs.

Onward and upward
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on July 12, 2014, 04:15:26 PM
Quote from: MasterHaynes on July 12, 2014, 03:24:04 PM
So pleased for Hyndman, with all the focus on Dembele and Roberts he slipped under the radar, for me he was the best player in the U18's last year and when he didn't play we were only half the team we were with him. Technique, maturity with great vision and never wastes a ball

Quite right, I was speaking to the academy chaps nearly 2 years ago and they told me then that They expected Hyndman to in time make it, he's not your typical all action American , he's a very intelligent player, technically very good and intelligent enough to know not to go flying into tackles, he breaks up play a lot by reading the opposition passes and intercepting them rather than getting stuck in
I feared for him 2 years ago because he was so small but has obviously been working on strengthening work. His running is deceptive, he lopes along but he never stops. If you watch his running off the ball you can see his intelligence. As you point out his reading of the game more than makes up for the lack of explosive pace. techniquely one of the most gifted at the club.

My one worry is that the Cup final performances would have alerted a lot of premier clubs about his talent. I hope we bounce straight back up so we can keep hold of our talented youngsters a little longer.

Fernhurst

My one worry is that the Cup final performances would have alerted a lot of premier clubs about his talent. I hope we bounce straight back up so we can keep hold of our talented youngsters a little longer.

30 million anyone?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

cmg

Manager's comments:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/july/12/magath-reaction

I quite liked this bit:
"It was good to have Ross McCormack involved, he only joined us a few days ago but you can see that he is a very good footballer," added Magath. "He needs to get back to full fitness, and I'm confident he will go on and become an important player for us."

Sounds like Ross is in for a week of pain!

cmg

Great to see that Hyndman's involved and that he seems to have gown a bit.
I'd have thought that this season might have been too soon for him, but it's excellent that he is being looked at as a possible alternative or back up to David.

I've mentioned a couple of times that he has been about the best in the club at visualizing and executing a telling pass. This is obviously greatly to his credit, but also a savage indictment of the Club's inability to replace Murphy.

Barrie

Quote from: cmg on July 12, 2014, 05:08:40 PM
Great to see that Hyndman's involved and that he seems to have gown a bit.
I'd have thought that this season might have been too soon for him, but it's excellent that he is being looked at as a possible alternative or back up to David.

I've mentioned a couple of times that he has been about the best in the club at visualizing and executing a telling pass. This is obviously greatly to his credit, but also a savage indictment of the Club's inability to replace Murphy.

Another big fan of Hyndman here, he often goes under the radar but he seems to have all the tools to be capable of developing into an excellent Murphy type midfielder.

fulhamben

who was our number 3?  just been on a motherwell forum and one person said our number 3 was the best fullback he has seen in years. he said no one could get round him
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: fulhamben on July 12, 2014, 06:16:34 PM
who was our number 3?  just been on a motherwell forum and one person said our number 3 was the best fullback he has seen in years. he said no one could get round him
Stafylidis
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

ChesterTheTabby

Stafylidis, the best transfer I think we will do all season if he can keep living up to his record. Only 20 Y/O and a beast of a player. If we get promoted we have the option to keep him on as a permanent transfer. Would be immense.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

fulhamben

Quote from: maoconnor on July 12, 2014, 06:26:53 PM
good stuff. i do like a water tight option

Stafylidis, the best transfer I think we will do all season if he can keep living up to his record. Only 20 Y/O and a beast of a player. If we get promoted we have the option to keep him on as a permanent transfer. Would be immense.

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

cmg

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on July 12, 2014, 06:18:49 PM
Stafylidis

Ha Ha! A full-back who can actually defend....and he goes and gets a goal.

Oh, the ironing, as Bart Simpson would say.

JackyFulham90

Stafylidis & Hutchinson seem great signings.
Good to see Roberts get a start with David. Are Hyndman or Christensen ready to come through or do we still need 2 midfielders?

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on July 12, 2014, 07:39:11 PM
Stafylidis & Hutchinson seem great signings.
Good to see Roberts get a start with David. Are Hyndman or Christensen ready to come through or do we still need 2 midfielders?

I'd say, from what I have read, that they seem ready to come through. Christensen seems to be preferred but Hyndman is standing his own as well. I don't know if we could play them both at the same time, however. Maybe we start one of them and the other is a sub for whoever started the game, leaving another more experienced signing to be partner?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

crazycottager

Stafyldis excites me, hopefully better [and classier] than Risse, while hutchinson excites me, seems to be very dependable