watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR England Joke

Started by ealex40, July 15, 2014, 04:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ealex40

To regain confidence in the England Squad, Roy Hodgson has arranged a friendly against Iceland. Should they win, he will be arranging further friendlies in the future against Asda, Morrison's and Sainsbury's

England team went to visit an orphanage in Brazil this morning. "It's good to put a smile on the faces of people with no hope, constantly struggling and facing the impossible." said Emilio Di Costa aged 6 :005:

HatterDon

That's right up there with the old "abused child wants to be adopted by England's football team. Why? Because they never beat anyone."

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Forever Fulham

I have much respect for how England played in the Cup.  Not the result, which was unfortunate.  But the manner of play.  The U.S. didn't dare play so openly.  England's style of play was chancier and, because of that, riskier. 

ealex40

Quote from: Forever Fulham on July 15, 2014, 09:54:27 PM
I have much respect for how England played in the Cup.  Not the result, which was unfortunate.  But the manner of play.  The U.S. didn't dare play so openly.  England's style of play was chancier and, because of that, riskier. 

My...Aren't we defensive! I'm English too and probably supported England and Fulham for a lot longer than you .....try 65 years. The 'joke' derived in England and I guess it's one of those where it applies to people who can laugh at themselves.

Peabody

Quote from: ealex40 on July 16, 2014, 05:55:11 AM

My...Aren't we defensive! I'm English too and probably supported England and Fulham for a lot longer than you .....try 65 years. The 'joke' derived in England and I guess it's one of those where it applies to people who can laugh at themselves.

Now who's being defensive? You can take it from me, when you put up jokes, you set yourself up to be shot at

Logicalman

Quote from: Peabody on July 16, 2014, 11:44:23 AM
Quote from: ealex40 on July 16, 2014, 05:55:11 AM

Now who's being defensive? You can take it from me, when you put up jokes, you set yourself up to be shot at

Ahh, but Mr P, your jokes are just the best we've ever heard (read) on here, so you speak from a position up on high, sir.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

I'm not too certain why you feel the need to select the US for criticism, the fact they went further in this WC than England did does tend to speak for itself, as football is results-oriented. That said, there is always something to be said for great tactical play, though I cannot say that England provided that above either the US or any other Country in the WCF this time around.

Its unfortunate that England has in the past few decades failed to live up to the name and position it did once hold on the world stage of football, but singling out the relatively new-boys on the block is quite unsavoury in itself, though I'm sure it was just meant more in jest than anything else, as that tag could have been aimed at Korea, or Iran just as much.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

premFlem

Sticking with Roy is the best England  can do  , given time he will create something that resembles a decent side I'm sure.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Logicalman

Quote from: premFlem on July 16, 2014, 12:24:23 PM
Sticking with Roy is the best England  can do  , given time he will create something that resembles a decent side I'm sure.

Totally agree, the guy is class.

Forever Fulham

Christ, Almighty, I'm American, and I'm giving some props to the English team as a reaction to Peabody's always funny humour.  Sigh...

epsomraver

That joke about Iceland was posted weeks ago and is old hat anyway

Rupert

Yep, and we never have old jokes on here.

Though last season's squad was a bit of an old joke, thinking about it.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

epsomraver

Quote from: Rupert on July 16, 2014, 03:39:57 PM

Mr P is excused as they are not old jokes to him 092.gif

Peabody

Quote from: epsomraver on July 16, 2014, 06:35:29 PM

Mr P is excused as they are not old jokes to him 092.gif

With my waterworks being in the state they are in, I'm glad you excused me Epsom. Now I know why bowling greens are so green

YankeeJim

It certainly was old.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Logicalman

Quote from: Forever Fulham on July 16, 2014, 02:25:03 PM
Christ, Almighty, I'm American, and I'm giving some props to the English team as a reaction to Peabody's always funny humour.  Sigh...

Yeah, I know, that's why I said it !!  jesting, that's all.   :54:   :dft011: