more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (19/07/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 19, 2014, 08:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Good Experience

Patrick Roberts and Emerson Hyndman are just two of the Club's talented youngsters looking to make an impression this summer.

Part of the group that made the trip to Scotland, the pair have featured heavily under the watchful eye of Manager Felix Magath as they gain valuable experience with the First Team squad.

Clearly relishing their involvement and looking to establish themselves further, fulhamfc.com sat down with the young pair to discuss their time with the Academy, pre-season training, the influence of Felix Magath and their hopes for the 2014/15 season.

It's your first summer with the senior squad, how have you found things so far?

PR: It's been good. It's been hard, but that's what pre-season is all about. There's a few of the younger players that have been brought in, and the older guys have been really good with us. Obviously we've had some new players come in as well, and it's been nice to get to know everyone – it's a really good group.

EH: It's a young group, but that means that there is a lot of energy. Training desires that, and as a result, that will stand us in good stead. As Pat said, the senior members of the squad have really welcomed us in and I actually roomed with Scott Parker for a bit in Scotland. Obviously he's a player with so much experience, so us younger boys can learn a lot from him. I think we have a good mix at Fulham.

This time last year, you guys were training with the Under-18s. We saw a lot of young players make a breakthrough last season – it's been an incredible 12 months or so hasn't it?

PR: This time last year, I'd only just started my scholarship. It was an unbelievable year really, and having done well for the Under-18s I gradually started training a bit more with the First Team squad. I made my debut against Manchester City in March and obviously that was a moment I will never forget. I'm very thankful to the Academy for helping me with my development and of course to Felix Magath for giving me my chance. I worked hard last season, and it's been more of the same this summer.

EH: I've known and played with Pat for a while now, and seeing him make his breakthrough last season was exciting. It was the same with the likes of Moussa Dembélé and the others that featured, it drives the rest of us on. They showed that this is a club that is willing to give young players a chance, and hopefully I'll follow. That's what the coaches in the Academy have been preparing us for, and they've played a huge part in getting us to where we are now. I've been involved with the First Team over the summer and hopefully I've done enough to impress.

With a number of last season's Under-18 and Under-21 squads involved with the First Team squad this summer, it must have helped make it a smooth transition for you both?

EH: Well I think the Manager and coaching staff have been great, so that certainly helps. But, as I said earlier, the more experienced players have been fantastic also. When I came in two years ago, I didn't think I would be working with the First Team this quickly, and I'm sure the other boys would say something similar. But that's credit to the Academy for bringing us through and to the management for giving us the opportunity.

As two players who are extremely comfortable on the ball, it's been quite clear from our games so far that the Manager encourages the creative side of your game.

PR: The Manager loves his players to have confidence and to be positive on the ball. He wants you to do the right things out on the pitch and play the game in the right way. I'm a player that likes to get on the ball and run at defenders, and that's been a big part of my instruction so far.

EH: I agree. For me, I've been encouraged to go forward from the middle of the pitch and to get on the ball as much as possible. That's what the Manager wants, and it's something that sticks in our minds when we go out on to the pitch. It's all about being positive in possession and using the ball. We're not scared to get out there and show what we can do. It's all about having an open mind, and it's been good to put that into practice.

And how have you found the physical side of the pre-season programme?

PR: It's always going to be a bit different from what you are used to with the Academy, but even last summer we were worked hard. It's been a good experience; it's a foundation that we will build on. I feel really fit and it's all about starting the season strongly.

EH: The Championship is a tough league, and as a young player you want to do all you can to make a difference and put yourself in a good position. The Manager has so much energy, and that's very infectious. Yes, training can be tough, but you want to test yourself. To underline Pat's last point, I think we'll be in tremendous shape going into the campaign – and that could be a real factor. It's exciting.

And as the new campaign approaches, what are your ambitions for the 2014/15 season?

PR: I just want to continue developing as a player and hopefully get some more games - that's all you can really hope for on a personal level. As for the team, the aim is to get ourselves back into the Premier League, that's what everyone associated with the Club wants.

EH: It's a big season for me, it could be the one where I make my breakthrough and I'll work as hard as I can to make it happen. I know that the opportunity is there, so it's up to me to impress and show that I'm capable. I don't see why the team can't have a successful season, there have been a lot of positives this summer and as a group we'll continue to move forward.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/july/18/good-experience?

WhiteJC

Fulham v Millwall ticket update

Tickets selling fast for Craven Cottage clash
Sky Bet Championship
Fulham v Millwall
Saturday 16th August
Kick-Off 3pm

Season ticket holders have so far snapped up over 2,000 tickets for this game. The club's allocation for the match is 2,877 and tickets remain on sale to season ticket holders only until 9.30am on Thursday 24th July, when they also become available to members (subject to availability). Tickets are priced at £30 adults, £25 over 65s, £25 U21s (proof of age is required at turnstile), and £20 U16s. 

Restricted view tickets are priced at £28 adults, £23 over 65s, £23 U21s (proof of age is required at turnstile), and £18 U16s.

There are three easy ways to buy tickets:
* Online at www.millwalltickets.com (booking fees apply)
* By phone on 0844 826 2004- option 2 (calls to this number will cost 5p per minute from your BT landline. Calls from other networks may vary and from mobiles will be considerably more. Booking fees apply)
* In person/by post at the Millwall Ticket Office

Read more at http://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/article/fulham-v-millwall-update-1767208.aspx#KbO2kUwUKhKL78ys.99

WhiteJC

Patrick Roberts ready to make his mark on the Championship

Patrick Roberts says it is a dream come true to be joining the Fulham first-team squad for pre-season training.

A year ago the highly-rated winger had only just started his scholarship at the west London club.

Twelve months on and the 17-old-year is training alongside the likes of Scott Parker, Hugo Rodallega and Maarten Stekelenburg.

He also has a UEFA U17 European Championship winners' medal to his name.

And Roberts says he is relishing his rise to the limelight.

"It was an unbelievable year really, and having done well for the Under-18s I gradually started training a bit more with the first-team squad," said Roberts in an interview on Fulham's website.

"There's a few of the younger players that have been brought in, and the older guys have been really good with us.

"Obviously we've had some new players come in as well, and it's been nice to get to know everyone – it's a really good group."

Roberts played a key role in England's U17 European Championship triumph in Malta in May.

He was also an FA Youth Cup runner-up as Fulham were narrowly beaten by Chelsea after two late goals from Dominic Solanke.

However, Fulham's senior side did not fare so well and were relegated to the second tier for the first time in 13 seasons.

And as he steps up his pre-season preparation, Roberts says he is focused on securing a first-team spot and helping to fire Fulham back to the top tier.

"I just want to continue developing as a player and hopefully get some more games - that's all you can really hope for on a personal level," he added.

"As for the team, the aim is to get ourselves back into the Premier League, that's what everyone associated with the club wants."

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/news/england/development/2014/jul/patrick-roberts-raring-to-go-for-fulham?#lR8oT6lO0cCQjRy3.99

WhiteJC

Inside Broadfield

Crawley Town supporter Warren Lucy provides some inside knowledge ahead of the Reds' friendly meeting with Fulham on Saturday.

Crawley finished a respectable 14th in Sky Bet League One last term – what was your assessment of the season?

It was a solid, if not spectacular, season for the Reds with plenty of ups and downs along the way. At the beginning of the campaign we couldn't stop scoring but all of a sudden the goals dried up and the early victories did too. Richie Barker departed after a spell of poor form, and John Gregory's arrival gave the players a new lease of life for a while. Eventually, the Reds steered themselves clear from the relegation places to finish in a very creditable 14th place - not too shabby considering it was only our second ever season as a League One outfit.

With the 2014/15 season on the horizon, what is the mood like amongst Crawley fans – are you hopeful for the coming campaign?

I think most are optimistic as to what the new squad can do. There were a lot of changes over the summer with only a handful of players remaining at the club, but I have a feeling we could surprise a few this season after a number of shrewd signings. Bringing Gwion Edwards back to the club could be a masterstroke from John Gregory and I think a top-10 finish is achievable. After the seasons that Yeovil had in 2012/13 and Leyton Orient had last season, why can't Crawley Town be the dark horses in the division this year?

What do you make of John Gregory as a manager?

In my opinion, a real strength John has is that he's a 'people person'. There was a great divide with the last man in charge of things at the Checkatrade.com Stadium but John got the supporters on side early on. He brought back the fight and character in the players that was desperately lacking. JG encourages the players to move the ball in a neat manner but isn't afraid to mix things up when needed.

Like Fulham, Crawley are going through a transitional phase at the moment. What can you tell us about the players that have been brought in?

As I mentioned previously, there have been a number of new arrivals in the summer, with a nice blend of youth and experience. Goalkeeper Brian 'The Beast' Jensen has been there and done it with Burnley and will provide a very good last line of defence, whilst the back four in front of him - probably Lanre Oyebanjo, ex-Fulham man Dean Leacock, Joe Walsh and Ryan Dickson - seem very solid on paper. The midfield has a nice mixture of bite, with Jimmy Smith, and creative spark in former Arsenal man Conor Henderson. Up front, Izale McLeod has scored plenty of goals in his career - and at the age of 29 still has plenty left in the tank. The two that I'm looking forward to watching are Oyebanjo - because I have some sort of weird obsession with attacking full backs - and Smith, who seems to be a very reliable, minimum 7/10, box-to-box midfielder.

Although this is a friendly fixture, what type of game do you anticipate against Fulham?

There'll be goals, I'm sure, and both teams won't be taking it lightly either. As long as it's entertaining, then I won't be too fussed - not until the 'proper' games come around, anyway. It'll be a good test for the Reds - and likewise for Fulham. Both clubs' squads are pretty new following a summer overhaul and there will be plenty of players out on the pitch wanting to impress and nail down a starting spot for the opening day of the season.

Which Crawley players do you anticipate causing Fulham the biggest problems?

Oyebanjo and Dickson certainly look threats from the full back positions - both like to get forward and they're very quick as well. McLeod has already been in the goals in pre-season and netted a first-half hat-trick in his last outing in a Crawley shirt.

Have you seen much of Fulham over the years? How do you rate them as opponents?

I've been to Craven Cottage once - watching West Ham a few years back. All I remember is Paul Konchesky - who later played for Fulham - got sent off, Alan Pardew left Javier Mascherano and Carlos Tevez out of the side, and it was 0-0! Entertaining stuff!

In all seriousness, it was obviously a disappointing campaign for the Whites last season but they should be okay in the Championship under a very experienced manager in Felix Magath. It should be a good clash at the weekend, especially if Ross McCormack plays – I'm looking forward to seeing how he gets on against our defence.

What's the Checkatrade.com Stadium like to visit?

It's good enough and it'll be a nice treat for the away supporters to stand in a terrace for a match. There are good views from anywhere in the stadium so what's not to like?!

Where can Fulham fans go for a pint prior to the game?

Redz Bar behind the Bruce Winfield Stand is where I always go for a pre-match beverage. Good atmosphere and a good pricing structure make it a high recommendation from me!

It can be hard to call with friendly matches, but if we had to push you for a score prediction...

A 3-3 thriller!

Tickets can be purchased from the turnstiles on the day of the game, priced at £10 for adults and from £1 for concessions.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/july/18/inside-broadfield?

WhiteJC

Fulham's youngsters look to play a big role

Fulham youngsters Patrick Roberts and Emerson Hyndman are looking to play a role in Fulham's promotion bid for the upcoming season.

The pair made the trip to Scotland with the first team and gained valuable experience under the eye of Felix Magath.

The duo were playing at youth level for the majority of last season but look as though they will be thrown in at the deep end this year as they featured in many of Fulham's matches in Scotland.

The pair in an interview with Fulham's website revealed their ambition and what the fans can expect from them this year.

Roberts, a promising England under 18 international, who impressed at the European Championships said: "I just want to continue developing as a player and hopefully get some more games – that's all you can really hope for on a personal level. As for the team, the aim is to get ourselves back into the Premier League, that's what everyone associated with the Club wants."

He described his playing style as "a player that likes to get on the ball and run at defenders, that's been a big part of my instruction so far."

Hyndman, an American youngster said: "It's a big season for me, it could be the one where I make my breakthrough and I'll work as hard as I can to make it happen. I know that the opportunity is there, so it's up to me to impress and show that I'm capable.

The Central midfielder told the fans about his playing style:" I've been encouraged to go forward from the middle of the pitch and to get on the ball as much as possible."

The Fulham boss looks to employ a mix of youth and experience to tackle the Championship so the Fulham starlets may well get their break. Magath has already handed Roberts his debut in the Premier League when he featured at the Etihad.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulhams-youngsters-look-to-play-a-big-role/?#

WhiteJC

Edwards Gets Fulham Nod

Manager John Gregory has confirmed that new signing Gwion Edwards will get a first run out in the game tomorrow against Fulham.

Since joining us on a permanent basis from Swansea the other week, apparently there have been some minor contractual issues that needed ironing out, and that is the reason for the youngster missing the games against Oakwood and Billingshurst, but now everything has been finalised he's set for some pitch time.

Speaking to the Official Site the gaffer explained.

'It has been frustrating for Gwion but everything is now sorted. He trained well this morning and he will be in the squad for the Fulham game. Everyone is looking forward to the game but Gwion more than most because he's desperate to get the red shirt on again and be out there playing and getting some minutes under his belt.'

Matt Harrold and Gavin Tomlin are still carrying their knocks so won't be involved, and as per the last two friendlies, Gregory will be again using it as an opportunity to have a look at some trialists.

Read more: http://www.crawley.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=544678#ixzz37theEMD9

WhiteJC

Championship clubs line up for Fulham forward Trotta

The 21-year-old Italian, who played a big part in Brentford's promotion last season, has handed in a transfer request at Craven Cottage after their relegation to the second tier

A host of Championship clubs are battling to land Fulham's Italian forward, Marcello Trotta, Goal understands.

The 21-year-old has handed in a transfer request at Craven Cottage after their relegation to the Championship as he sees his future away from the club – despite having 12 months left on his current deal.

Trotta has spent the last two seasons on loan at Brentford and played a major role in their promotion last season with 12 goals but the Bees are now out of the race, with some of the Championship's biggest clubs looking to land the youngster.

The likes of Wigan, Derby and Norwich City are thought to be keen on landing the Italy Under-21s international – who has also attracted interest from his homeland.

Felix Magath's side have already let go of the likes of Damien Duff, Steve Sidwell, Brede Hangeland and Kieran Richardson this summer as they regroup following relegation.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/07/18/4968083/-?

WhiteJC

Fulham 2014/15 Away Shirt Made By Adidas Leaked

Football kit news from the Skybet Championship this morning as the new Adidas Fulham 2014/15 away shirt has been leaked.

The 14/15 Fulham away jersey is made up of black and dark grey vertical stripes whilst the familiar Adidas stripes on the shoulders and the logo under the 'V' neck collar are bright orange as are the cuffs.

The Fulham 2014/15 away shirt is completed with the FFC badge on the left breast and the 'Marathon Bet', logo in the middle of the jersey.

Fulham's 2014/15 away kit is expected to be completed with bright orange shorts and black socks with orange details.