watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why did we never give Trotta a chance?

Started by Bradstow, July 19, 2014, 12:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradstow

He scored for fun for the junior and reserve teams and has now got a host of clubs, including several from Italy, interested in getting him. Is he a talent that we never exploited?
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

KP_FFC

no, i've always liked him and i was sure we'd use him this season before all the signings

Arthur

He might have got his chance this season had he not asked for a transfer. Woodrow and Dembele appear, however, to have leap-frogged him in the pecking order so perhaps he feels that 'the writing is on the wall', so to speak.

Whitesideup

Probably because he didn't really shine in div 1. He got a few goals but was not prolific, and he did not contribute a great deal outside the box. Many regarded him as a luxury, which you can afford only if the other 10 can manage the rest of the pitch without the luxury player's support. 12 goals in 30 appearances in div 1 and not a lot else hardly make him that attractive an option for the Championship.

Bill2

Quote from: Bradstow on July 19, 2014, 12:58:01 PM
He scored for fun for the junior and reserve teams and has now got a host of clubs, including several from Italy, interested in getting him. Is he a talent that we never exploited?
Saw him play some seasons ago, he did not excite.

bobby01

Quote from: Whitesideup on July 19, 2014, 01:49:50 PM
Probably because he didn't really shine in div 1. He got a few goals but was not prolific, and he did not contribute a great deal outside the box. Many regarded him as a luxury, which you can afford only if the other 10 can manage the rest of the pitch without the luxury player's support. 12 goals in 30 appearances in div 1 and not a lot else hardly make him that attractive an option for the Championship.

:plus one:
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

jeremyfulham

He doesn't want to play for us ! I for one only want players that want to play for Fulham and I think Felix is of the same mind set.

MJG

Out of interest how many goals in 30 games makes a striker any good at L1 level?

Snibbo

My Brentford supporting rellies are not upset about him leaving the bees. Say he's OK but always shirks the 50/50 balls and 'over elaborates'.

Whitesideup

Quote from: MJG on July 19, 2014, 11:09:22 PM
Out of interest how many goals in 30 games makes a striker any good at L1 level?
12 is not necessarily a bad tally, not great, but not bad.....but of significance was "and not a lot else". And this is not my view but that of Brentford supporters I know. It really depends on what other contributions forwards make. A young Defoe on loan to Bournemouth in the days when they were average div 1 side, (ie unlike Brentford who were one of the top sides this year in that division) scored in 11 successive games.. a record I know, but shows that class can count in div 1.

MJG

How about 2 in 18 at L2 level, on paper that's not so great.

MJG

Isn't pulling the Defoe start out a bit ugh.  We are talking about a striker playing at Championship level now.  Not a young premier league striker.

hovewhite

I would say he wouldn't of done any worse than bent last year,and we would of new he was on the pitch,which would of been an improvment on bent.

MJG

What I'm trying to say is that you never really know how a player will do for a team until he plays.
Woodrow was written off.. He's not playing as a striker... He's not getting enough games.. Etc etc.
Trotta has never been given a chance and the way some fans write him off after all the goals at every level does really surprise me.
I agree if he's asked to leave so be it,  but even today at the game early on I heard a shout of are you Trotta in disguise aimed at a Crawley striker when he made mistake.
I just don't get the hate.

Whitesideup

Quote from: MJG on July 19, 2014, 11:38:18 PM
What I'm trying to say is that you never really know how a player will do for a team until he plays.
Woodrow was written off.. He's not playing as a striker... He's not getting enough games.. Etc etc.
Trotta has never been given a chance and the way some fans write him off after all the goals at every level does really surprise me.
I agree if he's asked to leave so be it,  but even today at the game early on I heard a shout of are you Trotta in disguise aimed at a Crawley striker when he made mistake.
I just don't get the hate.
Don't know why the Defoe reference causes you a problem. The only point is that quality players of his age can and should create a good impression on loan spells. He has been at Brentford quite a while, and reports suggest that he was not particularly highly thought of; that in turn may mean he is not as good a prospect as we might have hoped. The "Trotta in disguise" not a great comment because as you say we haven't really seen him in a Fulham shirt, but it may have been a throw-away remark, someone trying to be funny rather than malicious. I worry about forwards who only contribute in the box as in a competitive league I think players have to compete in all areas.

HatterDon

Quote from: Bill2 on July 19, 2014, 03:57:40 PM
Quote from: Bradstow on July 19, 2014, 12:58:01 PM
Saw him play some seasons ago, he did not excite.

I love remarks like this.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

sunburywhite

Interesting that Trotta hasn't even kicked a ball yet this season or even been on the bench for any of the games.

If he was going to play for us he could have been at least on the bench for the Walton game where we were so thin we had to have LBM on the bench
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

MJG

Trotta has had an injury

Finnegans Wake

Iv never seen him play live so I can only speculate but the impression I got is that he`s ok and will probably end up being a decent enough CF. But are we willing to spend time, effort and money on a player who will only ever be ok/not bad/a squad player? Especially when we have the likes of Woodrow and Dembele in that position, not to mention Roberts and Williams.