Crawley Town 0 vs Fulham 2 FT

Started by Blanco, July 19, 2014, 02:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Like to see the Goal Line Technology on this one:

Excellent piece of camera work.

Supermitch

Quote from: SKSW6 on July 19, 2014, 06:00:43 PM
My top 3 players in order were Stafylidis, LVC, David. Don't think LVC lost the ball once, really neat and tidy in possession. Rodallega had a good game too.

Would agree totally with that re the players.  Cannot judge on one pre-season game of course but I was very encouraged by our left back - this has been a massive problem for us for a while now.  Since Konchesky left for Liverpool.

Ordar

Quote from: Ordar on July 19, 2014, 05:32:47 PM
So just coming back from the game. Seemed to be more Fulham fans than Crawley. Stafylidis looks quality at Lb. Didn't think much of Hoogland. We played pretty well first half. Got caught a few times on the break with only Parker covering for 1 of them. Overplayed a lot of the time around the box. David played pretty well in the playmaker position.

Second half all the changes didn't help the flow and we looked disjointed. Kaca came on and played CM which was interesting. Made some great runs forward. Taggart looked lively when he came on. Had a decent shout for a penalty turned down and was looking to run in behind a lot. Dembele was unlucky with the one that bounced down off the bar.

Hutchinson I would think is our first choice CB. Looks very assured. I think there's work still to do in CM and possibly RB unless Voser is good. Good work out for the boys. We looked a lot faster all over the pitch.

I spoke to Stockdale and sounds like he's leaving

Just to add to this, our corner taking was miles better than I can remember for some time

ChesterTheTabby

I will be at our next game against DC United next weekend, so very excited to go and see the lads run out. I will do a basic write up after the game for anyone who may be interested.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

FFCAli

Quote from: cmg on July 19, 2014, 06:13:34 PM

Do we have goal line technology in the championship?

Putney

Hutchinson seems like a classic English centre back. Strong, no nonsense player who'll clear it out and isn't afraid to get stuck in. I think he set up the second goal with a really nice pass upfield. Doesn't seem that intelligent a player but that will come with age and experience.

Stafylidis was exceptional in attack and reliable in defence, even when he was being doubled up on.

Burgess looked fairly competent. He should have conceded a penalty if it wasn't for the inept linesman but his all round performance was promising for a lad of his age.

Hoogland was alright. Occasional glimpses that he is/was of Schalke's calibre.

Ryan Williams was impressive. A very hard worker and good on the ball. Would like to see him loaned out and playing regular football for a good team this season.

LVC. Didn't stop running and had a fantastic pass on him. I'm amazed that he hasn't played a professional game yet, he looks like he could be Premier League talent one day.

David. Moussa Dembele mk2 anyone? If Stafylidis wasn't on the pitch then he would have been the standout player.

Joronen was a bit erratic at first, think Iker Casillas in May and June, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

FulhamElite

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 19, 2014, 03:06:06 PM
How representative does everyone think this first 11 will be of our starting lineup next season?

Assuming McCormack & Tunnicliffe have a minor injuries, and Stockers is recovering from one, I'd expect them to be starting (Ross + Dave 100%, maybe less chance with Ryan). But I, for one, am surprised to see Burgess, Christiansen and R.Williams starting.

Anyone think differently?

Surprised by Williams over Kaca and Burgess over Burn but I think Chris is likely to start in midfield alongside Parker come the Ipswich game.

Blanco

Quote from: maoconnor on July 19, 2014, 06:25:06 PM
I will be at our next game against DC United next weekend, so very excited to go and see the lads run out. I will do a basic write up after the game for anyone who may be interested.

Cool.

MasterHaynes

Thought Christensen looked the main man in CM in the first half, always available moving the ball quickly, whereas Parker played like he did at the end of last season, taking 4 touches when 1 would do only to play the pass he could have on the first touch. Whenever the ball found its way to him our forward momentum came to a halt did his twirls which didn't lose his man and lost out twice on the half way line which allowed them to break, one of which they really should have scored from. Thought Dembele always looked like a danger, can't see Taggart figuring much on this performance, keen and eager but looked very raw and not real competition for Woodrow and Hugo. Woodrow had so much movement linking well with Hugo to switch the play for the first goal. One worry was when David went off we seem to lose control of the midfield. Hoogland and the greek look very good buys, williams was solid in the first half and lined well with Hoogland. We really do need an influential midfielder as back up really surprised Hyndman did not get the chance to come on for David

rweller86

Quote from: FFCAli on July 19, 2014, 06:32:22 PM
Quote from: cmg on July 19, 2014, 06:13:34 PM

Do we have goal line technology in the championship?

I think all clubs have to have it installed for the league to use it but with the cost being up to £300k to install it, some clubs haven't got the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@rweller

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: MasterHaynes on July 19, 2014, 07:41:12 PM
Thought Christensen looked the main man in CM in the first half, always available moving the ball quickly, whereas Parker played like he did at the end of last season, taking 4 touches when 1 would do only to play the pass he could have on the first touch. Whenever the ball found its way to him our forward momentum came to a halt did his twirls which didn't lose his man and lost out twice on the half way line which allowed them to break, one of which they really should have scored from. Thought Dembele always looked like a danger, can't see Taggart figuring much on this performance, keen and eager but looked very raw and not real competition for Woodrow and Hugo. Woodrow had so much movement linking well with Hugo to switch the play for the first goal. One worry was when David went off we seem to lose control of the midfield. Hoogland and the greek look very good buys, williams was solid in the first half and lined well with Hoogland. We really do need an influential midfielder as back up really surprised Hyndman did not get the chance to come on for David

Who would you recommend having in midfield?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

MJG

Parker did my head in. A couple times the pass was on and he just failed to release it. Just have to realise we are stuck with him and hope he speeds it up a bit.

Forever Fulham

Parker...When you kiss the manager's fanny, you start.

b+w geezer

Just to say that LVC's performance made the presence of Parker not especially required, even if he were more like the Parker that used to be. However, the creative talent is David and we need another. Other judgements are really as others have said. Everyone looked to have something about them, except poor old Roberts who we know has oodles of talent, but pretty much bombed when he came on. Forward competition looks quite satisfactory, what with the main man not even featuring. It's midfield creativity that needs bolstering as we can't expect David to do it for 46 games on his own and LVC is neat and tidy, but not quite the same. Tunnicliffe seems to have vanished.

Hope Stockers isn't off. He was posing cheerily for selfies, but if that's what he was telling people you have to believe it. Does seem weird though.

Lighthouse

Quote from: maoconnor on July 19, 2014, 06:25:06 PM

We would appreciate that if you could. It makes a big difference hearing from the fan and not the stale, cold write up from the offal etc.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MasterHaynes

Quote from: maoconnor on July 19, 2014, 07:49:03 PM

Who would you recommend having in midfield?
I'd like to have see Hyndman given a chance as I think he may surprise a few. Whether he is able to maintain it every week is something we can't know but he has great stamina. He would fit right along side Christainsen wiho could fill the holding midfielders role better than Parker currently. I do think if we are to bring anyone else in it needs to be CM position as I'm not sure Parker will justify his place in the team on experience alone. He needs to regain the form in his first 4-5 games for us when he joined, maybe we can resign Kara he would be perfect blending in with Hyndman Christensen and Kara moving the ball quickly.
Looking forward to Lightouse's wite up next week as I think he may play Hyndman for the US fans which will be interesting watching him with some very good players around him.

Holders

Re-signing Kara, even at his age, is not such a silly idea. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria