watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Presumably the team against DC United will be

Started by sunburywhite, July 20, 2014, 11:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Felix presumably has to pick the starting XI against DC United to be the same starting XI who will play against Ipswich.

So hopefully this will give us a chance to see what his plans are
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

MasterHaynes

Wouldn't bank on it, thought the same about yesterday but no McCormack, Voser, still not sure about C/H with Burn not even getting a run out and Kaca playing holding C/M after playing L/B in Sotland? David took a good wack yesterday so maybe rested. We did lose our way with the substitutions yesterday so not sure what the 2nd half told Felix about selection. We have Mitro & Dejagah bac in training on Monday so who nows whether he will even take them with others surprisingly being lined to be sold.
I really hope Hyndman is given at least 60 minutes in front of his home crowd as well as a chance to state his claim.

Lighthouse

I hope not because we need a few players to come in. The line up will mean nothing at will be just another step along the road.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

Very much doubt it.  I get the feeling Magath is using these games to have a good look at players he's doesn't really know.
Next 3 weeks are about training field practice on formations and style. I'm not going to read too much into next week's lineup.

grandad

It looks like Magath is using these games to develop a system that every player can slot into without too much disruption. It has happened so much in the past that we lose a key player through injury & do not have a suitable replacement thus making it necessary to change the system.
Where there's a will there's a wife

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: grandad on July 20, 2014, 12:56:56 PM
It looks like Magath is using these games to develop a system that every player can slot into without too much disruption. It has happened so much in the past that we lose a key player through injury & do not have a suitable replacement thus making it necessary to change the system.

Completely agree, Admin, we need to be able to incorporate all of our potential first team starters so that if anything happens to a player he has a ready replacement with little confusion.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

JBH

Game v DC is just another pre-season match being used for fitness and for felix to look at the squad

Maidstone Lee

Does anyone else think we might have a behind closed doors friendly while were out there?
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

YankeeJim

I'd sooner think that Khan is using the DC United match to promote the Fulham brand in the US. England has more soccer fans but most are already committed to a team. The US has a lot of folks looking for good football & aren't fining it on this side of the puddle. Fulham is a natural for us yanks. COYW
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

VamosFFC

This probably isn't the right thread to ask this, but does anyone know if there will be a meet and greet or anywhere to get autographs/pics at the game vs DC United.

valdeingruo

Quote from: VamosFFC on July 20, 2014, 08:28:10 PM
This probably isn't the right thread to ask this, but does anyone know if there will be a meet and greet or anywhere to get autographs/pics at the game vs DC United.

There is a supporters meet up at a Pub near the ground, organized by Fulham in Florida, however with the players, no idea.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

YankeeJim

Quote from: VamosFFC on July 20, 2014, 08:28:10 PM

There is some sort of meet up at the Jacksonville Tavern at 2:30 on Saturday. The dozen of us plan on attending and a local Fulham group has some 47 people attending. You can go to Facebook & look up Fulham Florida Fans Group
Hope to see you there. We yanks have to show those English blokes how to put on a party.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Aaron

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 20, 2014, 07:34:59 PM
I'd sooner think that Khan is using the DC United match to promote the Fulham brand in the US. England has more soccer fans but most are already committed to a team. The US has a lot of folks looking for good football & aren't fining it on this side of the puddle. Fulham is a natural for us yanks. COYW

There's been a fairly strong following of Fulham from US fans over the years from my own observations regarding coverage I've seen in the States and what I've read on here.  I wonder if it actually makes a pick of difference though?

Right now, I know of ONE place in London where I can walk in off the street and buy a Fulham shirt and that's the club shop itself.  For that matter, I've never in my life seen a piece of Fulham merchandise on sale in a shop that wasn't the now defunct shop on Fulham High Street or at the ground.

If/When we get back to the Premier League, I'd really like to see is address this.  If there's one thing American sports teams know how to do it's shift crap with the team's logo on it.

filham

Well I really hope that with but 2 weeks to go to the season start Felix has formulated his system and best starting eleven.

We really don't want a repeat of last season with 38 players used and frequent changes of system.