News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What is the classiest thing you have ever bought?

Started by General, July 20, 2014, 11:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hong Kong Fulham fan

I bought a house in Hong Kong for the wife, sounds really normal but not too many houses in Hong Kong.

F(f)CUK

Quote from: RaySmith on July 22, 2014, 12:51:12 PM
Quote from: F(f)CUK on July 22, 2014, 12:35:38 PM
Absolutely nothing - I have a mix of things that are either cheap or functional

Cheap/functional can be classy - like that bike you got for 50 quid, and repaired and painted, that you rode to work and back for all those years, or the Millett's rucksack you got for a fiver that has been with you all over the world.

Or the  cheap bracelet you bought your partner from a charity shop, which she loves and always wears.

I went to the Witterings once by bike - the pedal fell off and I veered in front of a lorry that was overtaking me at the time.  That was nearly 30yrs ago - not been on a bike since.  As for the bracelet - don't tell the wife!!!!

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: fulhamben on July 21, 2014, 07:28:29 PM
there names were chardonay and candy. they were ten grand for the night and were real high class.

I could sense that was coming from someone  :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

alfie

Quote from: MayoDomo on July 21, 2014, 05:07:47 PM
Quote from: alfie on July 21, 2014, 04:48:51 PM
Paid out £3000 for a new Bose system. (not yet installed at home)

You will not regret that decision.  Good audio equipment is to die for.

Already have one just upgrading.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

alfie

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on July 21, 2014, 04:58:42 PM
When I was a mod in the 60's.......

A turquoise double-breasted mohair suit.
A Floral (extra) kipper tie
A full length bottle green leather coat  (Petticoat Lane)
White shoes with red laces.
Muti-coloured hoop socks.

I was the dogs bollocks and classy as *s*** (or so I thought :)

I forgot:  A solid gold Rolex Costellation from Tangier for 10 pounds  !!!
Funny that I had my LI150 chrome plated, not just the panels the whole scooter, I guess that was quite classy and expensive.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ron

I wish mohair would come back in style....my first ever suit was a bronze, kind of iridescent mohair 2 piece from Hepworths. 1968...I had plenty of cash burning a hole in my pocket because as a student I'd got myself a temporary summer commissary clerk's job with TWA at Heathrow, and in those days the airport always paid well. £27 (wow!) it cost made to measure, and I felt the bee's knees in it !

YankeeJim

A thousand dollar ticket to a Fulham pre-season match. Well, $61.65 plus airfare, rental car, hotel, food and ale.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Greek

Body Wand electric massager. Just such a high quality product.

I don't like spending so much..

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 22, 2014, 08:09:48 PM
A thousand dollar ticket to a Fulham pre-season match. Well, $61.65 plus airfare, rental car, hotel, food and ale.

Yep me to but I'm driving 600 miles each way so not so costly as an air ticket from California.
If we lived in the UK we could each get 2 season tickets.
And this game is only a pre-season kick about.
Now that's loyalty.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

epsomraver

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on July 22, 2014, 09:14:54 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on July 22, 2014, 08:09:48 PM

Yep me to but I'm driving 600 miles each way so not so costly as an air ticket from California.
If we lived in the UK we could each get 2 season tickets.
And this game is only a pre-season kick about.
Now that's loyalty.

Not really, it is the only time you can see the players play in the flesh and being there give an accurate report on the game  :hook:

VB

That would be a Geddy Lee Fender Jazz Bass......slap dat thang!!!!

check that, thats what I would buy if I could afford one :016:

so.....I brought this instead....

Best 10minutes I spent in sometime.........
'Slap dat thing'
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same

epsomraver

Quote from: VB on July 22, 2014, 11:54:15 PM
That would be a Geddy Lee Fender Jazz Bass......slap dat thang!!!!

check that, thats what I would buy if I could afford one :016:

so.....I brought this instead....

Best 10minutes I spent in sometime.........
'Slap dat thing'
0001.jpeg

Ron Sheepskin

I toyed with bunging in a silly answer like "a sofa that wasn't in the DFS sale", but on reflection the classiest thing I genuinely bought has got to be the Olympic Torch that my son carried a couple of days before the games opened in 2012.

The second thing is a mini figurine of Huntelaar. Now that's Klaasy...  :Get Coat gif:
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

Blanco

Quote from: Ron Sheepskin on July 23, 2014, 08:28:14 AM
I toyed with bunging in a silly answer like "a sofa that wasn't in the DFS sale", but on reflection the classiest thing I genuinely bought has got to be the Olympic Torch that my son carried a couple of days before the games opened in 2012.

The second thing is a mini figurine of Huntelaar. Now that's Klaasy...  :Get Coat gif:
Hahaha

hovewhite

VB

Quote from: Ron Sheepskin on July 23, 2014, 08:28:14 AM

This is me with my mates Olympic Torch, also sporting a homemade Fulham baseball cap

VB

Its a Fender Bass.....sadly not a Geddy Lee Jazz Bass...
still it help me with the ladies. :dead horse:

plus some more Fulham sports clothing 051

Nightwind15

A 2014 Ferris zero turn mower with a 37 Horse Power Kawasaki engine.   61 inch cut!  That sumbytch will fly! 
I played in the first match I ever saw!

Forever Fulham

I just remembered -- I once bought a shrunken head from a sketchy store in Singapore.  Claimed to be the real thing.  Decades old.  From a Papua, New Guinea head hunter.  I didn't need it.  I didn't really want it.  It was as ugly as hell.  Odd as conversation pieces go.  But the price was right, and before I could change my mind, I shelled out the money and slinked back into the equatorial sun.

Nightwind15

People ask me why I want to mow 7 acres of land......the answer is......because I can!!!!!!!!!  :008:
I played in the first match I ever saw!