more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (23/07/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 23, 2014, 08:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

David's First Team Aim

Chris David's pre-season aim is clear – the Dutchman wants to establish himself as a key member of Felix Magath's squad.

The young playmaker has impressed in his brief cameos to date, setting up the opening goal on his debut in an FA Cup tie at Norwich, and scoring on first league appearance on the final day of the 2013/14 season.

Having joined the Club in January 2013 from FC Twente, the 21-year-old has long been recognised as a player of genuine potential. He's confident on the ball, has a good range of passing and can cause problems with his delivery from set-pieces.

Last term was bittersweet for the midfielder, his breakthrough campaign tempered by the team's relegation. It was an experience he believes he will learn a lot from.

"It's a strange one because while I will remember last season as the one when I made my debut," explained Chris, "I will also remember the relegation – that was a sad time. Even though I didn't play a lot, I was still part of the squad and trained alongside the players that did.

"As a team, you go through everything together – the good and the bad. I genuinely believe it will make us stronger, though. It was a different experience, but in football there will always be ups and downs.

"We have to show a positive reaction now, that's something the Manager has really underlined. We have the faith and belief that we can get back to where we want to be."

As the team opened their pre-season programme north of the border, David has been another that has impressed. Having scored an exquisite goal in the 2-2 draw with Crystal Palace, he appears to have picked up where he left off.

"I went to Costa Rica with the team last summer," he said. "So this is my second pre-season with the First Team. I do feel more a part of things now, I suppose that happens when you get older.

"I've been at the Club for a little while now, and I've improved a lot as a player in that time. This summer, I feel a lot stronger and a lot fitter. It's been really good, so I'm looking forward to getting the season started.

"The goal against Palace was good; it was a nice moment for me. I just wanted to show the fans what I could do, but there's a lot more to come. I want to give everything I have to help the team back to the Premier League.

"Sure, we have lost some players, but at the same time we have also gained some, too. The younger boys are a bit older and a bit wiser, it's a good group that we have and I think we will do well."

David has been quick to point to the influence of Felix Magath as he continues his development ahead of the new campaign. The Manager seems to be bringing the best out of the player.

"We have a good connection and he has been helping make me a better player," added Chris. "The Manager gives me a lot of advice, whether that is after a session or a game, or sometimes during.

"I really appreciate that. He's been in the game for a while and has worked with some big players. I can learn and develop as a result of that experience.

"The same applies for every player, though – it's not just me. Felix Magath encourages creativity and that's good for me, because I'm a player that likes to express myself and make things happen. In football, sometimes you have to take risks, and he recognises that.

"I just want to keep on trying things and improving as a player. I like to think that I have something to offer out on the pitch and hopefully I can play my part this season."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/july/22/davids-first-team-aim?

WhiteJC

Malaga interested in Fulham defender

Malaga are said to be interested in Fulham defender Fernando Amorebieta following the clubs relegation from the Premier League reports The Times.

Centre back Amorebieta was a big part of the Fulham side that massively underperformed last season and ended up getting relegated.

Amorebieta started his career off at Baskonia in the Basque Country before his transfer to arguably the Basque's biggest team, Athletic Bilbao.

From 2005-13 Amorebieta made 195 league appearances for Los Leones scoring 3 goals. Amorebieta was part of the Athletic side that knocked Manchester United out of the Europa League.

At the start of the 2013-14 season Amorebieta signed for Fulham. In his debut season in the Premier League he made 22 league appearances and scored one goal, but to no avail as Fulham were still relegated.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/malaga-interested-in-fulham-defender/?

WhiteJC

Felix Magath: Fulham 'need two or three more experienced players'

Fulham manager Felix Magath says he wants to add another two or three players to his squad before the start of the new Championship season.

The recently-relegated Cottagers have already signed six players this summer, including forward Ross McCormack.

The 60-year-old German told BBC London 94.9: "We are looking for two or three experienced players.

"We have a very young squad at the moment so I think we need, for a very difficult season, some experience."

Magath continued: "I'm very happy with the attitude and ambition of the players we have.

Fulham's summer signings so far
Shaun Hutchinson from Motherwell on a free transfer
Kay Voser from FC Basel for an undisclosed fee
Adam Taggart from Newcastle Jets for an undisclosed fee
Tim Hoogland from Schalke on a free transfer
Ross McCormack from Leeds United for an undisclosed fee
Konstantinos Stafylidis from Bayer Leverkusen on a season long loan

"Unfortunately, we need other players and I hope we will get them here next week."

Magath also stressed his players that played at this summer's World Cup in Brazil, including Greece's Konstantinos Mitroglou and Costa Rica's Bryan Ruiz, would play a part in Fulham's campaign in the Championship.

"They belong to Fulham and I am glad that they will come back," he added.

The club continue their pre-season fixtures with a friendly against DC United in Florida on Saturday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28425679

WhiteJC

Fulham least popular team on TV last year

No great surprise.  The below is probably too small but if you click on the link you can see it properly.  We were massively boosted by Man Utd away as well

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2014/07/22/fulham-least-popular-team-on-tv-last-year/?

WhiteJC

Brighton set to pounce as Fulham goalkeeper nears exit?

Fulham boss Felix Magath hasn't ruled out selling goalkeeper David Stockdale to Championship rivals Brighton this summer.

The 28-year-old was preferred to Holland international Maarten Stekelenburg between the sticks towards the end of the season as the Cottagers were relegated from the Premier League.

Brighton are thought to be lining up a £1million bid for the Leeds-born keeper, who has 12 months remaining on his contract at Craven Cottage.

However, Magath refused to be drawn on speculation linking Stockdale with a move away from the club.

"You have to ask Alistair [Mackintosh - Fulham's chief executive]," said Magath when quizzed about Stockdale's future.

"We have four goalkeepers and that situation I'm very happy with."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/brighton-set-pounce-fulham-goalkeeper-nears-exit-140722103214#OZXcQZfFXs0Ay2ut.99

WhiteJC

Is there Anyone Left?

Okay our defence wasn`t the best around last season, but then again neither was our midfield or attack.

If they were we wouldn`t be in the predicament we are now, namely in the Championship and shedding players like trees shed leaves in the autumn months.

The latest player, who was part of the squad last season to be linked with a new start is Fernando Amorebieta.

It would seem that Spain beckons for the defender with Malaga set to make a move to sign him.

Can the last of last seasons` squad to leave please turn the lights out!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=364243#ixzz38H2Etmp7

WhiteJC

Transfer news: Fulham reluctant to comment on David Stockdale move talk

Fulham boss Felix Magath is reluctant to comment on reports suggesting David Stockdale is a target for Brighton & Hove Albion.

The 28-year-old enjoyed a lengthy run in the Fulham side towards the end of last season, as he was preferred to Holland international Maarten Stekelenburg.

He impressed despite suffering relegation out of the Premier League and has seen his efforts noted elsewhere.

Stockdale has always maintained that his ambition is to be the number one at Fulham, having taken in several loan spells since moving to Craven Cottage in 2008, but he now has just 12 months left to run on his current contract.

His possible availability has sparked interest from afar, with a number of clubs ready to test Fulham's resolve.

Brighton are said to be leading the hunt as they seek a replacement for the departed Tomasz Kuszczak.

A £1million offer is said to be in the pipeline, but Magath is staying tight-lipped when it comes to possible transfer talks and intends to leave the matter in the hands of his chief executive.

He said in the Fulham Gazette: "You have to ask Alistair (Mackintosh).

"We have four goalkeepers and that situation I'm very happy with."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/9391004?

WhiteJC

Championship trio eye King

Championship trio Watford, Wigan and Fulham are all chasing Leicester midfielder Andy King, Sky Sports understands.

King is entering the final year of his contract at the King Power Stadium and a number of clubs are thought to be monitoring his situation.

The 25-year-old found himself down the pecking order in Nigel Pearson's starting XI during the second half of last season with Danny Drinkwater and Matty James the preferred central midfield partnership and his suitors are hoping he could be lured away with the prospect of regular first-team football.

The former Chelsea youngster has established himself as one of the best midfielders outside the Premier League in recent seasons and helped Leicester win the Championship title last term.

Watford, Fulham and Wigan are all keen to bring in an attacking midfielder and they see King as someone who could boost their promotions bids next season.

It remains to be seen if Leicester would be willing to cash-in on Wales international King as they prepare for life back in the Premier League.

http://www.teamtalk.com/watford/9390348/-?

WhiteJC

Watford consider move for ex-Arsenal and Fulham midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong

English second tier side Watford are considering a move for ex-Arsenal Ghanaian midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong, the Watford Observer has reported.

Frimpong is currently unattached after his short-term deal with relegated Barnsley ended.

The Golden Boys are keen to add a defensive midfielder to their squad, along with another attack-minded centre midfielder and a home-grown goalkeeper.

Frimpong, who has a cap for Ghana, is one of several players the club are looking at for the holding role.

But Watford are in a fight to sign the midfielder who has also attracted interest from Austrian club Sturm Graz.

The 22-year-old joined Arsenal at the age of nine and made 16 competitive first team appearances for the club.

Frimpong had five outings on loan at Wolverhampton Wanderers in 2012 before his season was ended due to an anterior cruciate ligament injury, which was the second time he had suffered the problem.

The Ghanaian-born player spent the 2012/13 campaign on loan at Charlton Athletic and then Fulham, making six appearances at both clubs.

He joined Barnsley in January on a permanent deal until the end of the season but only made nine outings and didn't feature in the final month of the campaign.

Frimpong was sent off on his Barnsley debut for two yellow cards and received an additional four in his nine run-outs for the club.

http://www.ghanasoccernet.com/watford-consider-move-ex-arsenal-fulham-midfielder-emmanuel-frimpong/?