Hugo Wants To Join River Plate

Started by Sammyffc, July 24, 2014, 02:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Quote from: Roberty on July 24, 2014, 03:35:24 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on July 24, 2014, 03:29:37 PM
We are sinking quicker than the Graf Spee

That was Montevideo in Uruguay - Argentina is on the other side of the river

He's hardly been an overwhelming success as with all of the others that have already departed

Technically yes but it was the Battle of River Plate not Montevideo

Perhaps we can stand on a chair and report on the games from Manolo's bar
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Fulham76

I certainly won't be sad to see him go, his scoring record in England has been poor & pretty horrendous for us! And if his rumoured salary of £75k a week is correct we'll be much better off without him, no way have we got any sort of value for money on rodellega.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: beijing ben on July 24, 2014, 03:39:57 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 24, 2014, 03:36:29 PM
Used in all the friendly matches and frankly is important part of our set up. Up front if he goes we have McCormack and Woodrow and that is it. The Greek is on his way or fighting to get back to form, Dembele is a long way from being ready. Looks to be more questions than answers at the moment.
Watching Taggart on Saturday I think Dembele is a long way ahead of him, very raw, keen and eager but raw.

And Taggart..

Black, White and Fred

as much as he may be suited to life in the championship, I fell he wouldn't be a great loss. My only frustration would be how much friendly minutes have been wasted on him
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Max Headroom

You only need players who want to be there. He hasn't been happy for a while.

And let's be honest he is hardly prolific.....

ToodlesMcToot

If his actual wages are anywhere near the reported 70K per week and he indeed wants to leave, then move him. I don't see how anyone would seriously argue that that money couldn't be better spent.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

beijing ben

Quote from: MasterHaynes on July 24, 2014, 05:18:23 PM
Quote from: beijing ben on July 24, 2014, 03:39:57 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 24, 2014, 03:36:29 PM
Used in all the friendly matches and frankly is important part of our set up. Up front if he goes we have McCormack and Woodrow and that is it. The Greek is on his way or fighting to get back to form, Dembele is a long way from being ready. Looks to be more questions than answers at the moment.
Watching Taggart on Saturday I think Dembele is a long way ahead of him, very raw, keen and eager but raw.

And Taggart..

If Hugo and Mitro leave i'd guess that the order would be 1. McCormack 2. Woodrow 3. Dembele 4. Taggart. Not exactly great but with Woodrow and Dembele they both have the potential to be very good. When we bought a 21 year old Saha for the season we went up he was largely an unknown quantity. Hayles and Boa had more experience but it wasn't like they had done it at that level. I think we had Moller on loan as our fourth striker. If anything, with McCormack, we have more experience of what's required at this level this time around. We just have to hope that the young ones can step up..

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: b+w geezer on July 24, 2014, 03:34:01 PM
I attended few aways last season, but they included:
Burton Albion: Hugo comes on as a late sub and takes us into extra time with a good snapshot. [And seen on TV, his good goal takes the SheffU tie to a replay]
Leicester: Hugo scores twice in an hour before going off injured.
Spurs: Forces a brilliant save with a fine header.
On Saturday at Crawley: In 45 mins, scores, forces a good save and is generally a handful.

So I'd be pleased to keep him for the league we are now in, while accepting he would be probably be discarded if we did win promotion and would not be renewing his contract in any event.

Guess those last points are sufficient to explain why he'll be allowed to go, even without his wages coming into it, which they probably do.

You obviously missed the last few home games where he missed a few very important sitters which would have altered the game and our position in the league, but in the end we weren't good enough through the whole season and we got our just rewards.

Syd Cupp

In my opinon If a player wants to leave then let them especially as this season we are looking to rebuild a squad and any disharmony could cause major problems within the squad.

I was pleased when we signed Hugo but for one reason or another it hasn't worked and although i think he will score goals in the Championship how many oppotunities will he have this season as a regular starter.
If he does go then i'd wish him all the best.

mangoputney

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Deanothefulhamfan

Ok Rodallega works hard and has a little bit of pace, but in truth I would not be dissapointed to see him go. he will probably do a job in the championship scoring maybe 10 goals, but if we get promoted we know he is nowhere near PL standard.

He is on high wages and we have 7 strikers on our books... I would have 3 of them start ahead of him as it is.

Arthur

If Magath does envisage keeping Mitroglou at the Club,  I cannot imagine us also hanging on to Rodallega.

Humbled

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on July 25, 2014, 04:01:02 AM
Ok Rodallega works hard and has a little bit of pace, but in truth I would not be dissapointed to see him go. he will probably do a job in the championship scoring maybe 10 goals, but if we get promoted we know he is nowhere near PL standard.

He is on high wages and we have 7 strikers on our books... I would have 3 of them start ahead of him as it is.

Certainly isn't a left winger. I know that much!!
Fulham/Premier league quality? I personally think he is IF played in his ideal position with a decent playmaker.

Admin

It's Hugo's birthday today, a lot of people are Tweeting him, saying please stay and if you are, re-Tweet, to which he's re-Tweeting a lot.

Riverside

Hugo is in all the Jacksonville photos . Including a video of him kicking . And one of him Magath and Khan only . I don't think the club want him to go .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sammyffc

Quote from: Admin on July 25, 2014, 04:10:23 PM
It's Hugo's birthday today, a lot of people are Tweeting him, saying please stay and if you are, re-Tweet, to which he's re-Tweeting a lot.

he also re-tweeted '' happy birthday retweet if you are gay '' so i wouldn't read much into his re tweets. His just doing it to everything that is said to him.

Admin

Quote from: Sammyffc on July 26, 2014, 09:36:00 AM
Quote from: Admin on July 25, 2014, 04:10:23 PM

he also re-tweeted '' happy birthday retweet if you are gay '' so i wouldn't read much into his re tweets. His just doing it to everything that is said to him.

Maybe he is? The wife and kids are just a smoke screen