Main Menu

Lineup for D.C United & Match Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, July 26, 2014, 10:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CincyFulham1

RidgeRider

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on July 26, 2014, 11:59:12 PM
Anyone know how big the crowd is?

all I know is the pool has people in it and the announcers said "more people are coming" when talking about the Carrie Underwood concert. Not full but you can hear there is a decent crowd.

fulhamben

Quote from: RidgeRider on July 27, 2014, 12:01:02 AM

all I know is the pool has people in it and the announcers said "more people are coming" when talking about the Carrie Underwood concert. Not full but you can hear there is a decent crowd.
they have a swimming pool in the ground?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lighthouse

There are pictures on Facebook of the screens and pools. Yet the Director was talking about the redevelopment of the Riverside Stand and never mentioned Craven Cottage having the same screens and pools. I feel short changed.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RidgeRider

Quote from: fulhamben on July 27, 2014, 12:02:43 AM
Quote from: RidgeRider on July 27, 2014, 12:01:02 AM

they have a swimming pool in the ground?

Yep. First stadium in the NFL I believe to add that feature. They are doing anything they can to get people to the stadium. Must cost some dosh for those tickets.

MisfitKid

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 27, 2014, 12:03:45 AM
There are pictures on Facebook of the screens and pools. Yet the Director was talking about the redevelopment of the Riverside Stand and never mentioned Craven Cottage having the same screens and pools. I feel short changed.

Why do we need a pool, when there is plenty of water near by...  :005:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

..Kya.ffc..

May have misheard but did the say 40k earlier? seems to big. So suppose I mishear unless others heard that as well.
Beers may have been involved in this post.

Captain Fulhamerica

I think he said 40,000 with more coming in for the concert.

RidgeRider

Dude, there's a river running by Craven Cottage and with the Riverside stand development you could probably go dip your toes in the Thames at halftime! Or how about a 362 foot video screen atop the new Riverside stand, with special VP passes to watch the match from a top an inner tube resting in the Thames with bar service to your inner tube?

Lighthouse

Lighthouse

Quote from: RidgeRider on July 27, 2014, 12:08:57 AM

Dude, there's a river running by Craven Cottage and with the Riverside stand development you could probably go dip your toes in the Thames at halftime! Or how about a 362 foot video screen atop the new Riverside stand, with special VP passes to watch the match from a top an inner tube resting in the Thames with bar service to your inner tube?

Love the idea

aaronmcguigan

into the PENALTY area, good save from Dykstra, across the GOALMOUTH.

Randomly shouting words!

fulhamben

right, im not going to laugh at the commantor anymore. he clearly has tourrettes, and my mum said its rude to make fun of people with disabilities. INTO the box

zschwartz

yes it is difficult to tell what is happening... wasn't sure they were back from half time until i heard a whistle in the background.

Lighthouse

Sorry but I see nothing that much wrong with the commentators. This is not a sport they clearly commentate on every week and they use different terms but I can understand what is going on. Good fun.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 27, 2014, 12:15:07 AM
Sorry but I see nothing that much wrong with the commentators. This is not a sport they clearly commentate on every week and they use different terms but I can understand what is going on. Good fun.

I would also echo the same. They are not great but I can tell what's going on. You also have to remember they are announcing to primarily an American crowd, so they are probably dumbing it down a tad.

Holders

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 27, 2014, 12:10:35 AM
Quote from: RidgeRider on July 27, 2014, 12:08:57 AM

Love the idea

I want to watch it from a aircraft carrier parked in the Thames. Maybe they can name one of the new ones HMS Moussa.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

RidgeRider

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

fulhamben