News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hello and we do actually have an experienced team if we want.

Started by FulhamStu, July 26, 2014, 02:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: FulhamStu on July 28, 2014, 10:02:19 AM
Quote from: alfie on July 28, 2014, 08:29:17 AM
Quote from: Twig on July 26, 2014, 07:56:10 PM
Quote from: filham on July 26, 2014, 06:17:36 PM
knows
Quote from: FulhamStu on July 26, 2014, 02:13:18 PM
Hello to you, my name is Stuart Roberts.  I expect I know some posters on here.  I have been around TIF since it was set by Paul Thorpe posting under StudownSouth (when I lived in Hants) StuinCT (when I lived in the USA) Strobe (when I moved back) and now FulhamStu (a name given to me by my mates here in Shropshire)  I remember when this forum was first set up and have come over to give it a try as TIFF has become like the old messageboard used to be (full of strange people) !!

Anyway, for my first post I wanted to talk about the perceived lack of experience in the team.  We could put out a team of all over 25's, this would not be our strongest team, but not too bad and with a few youngsters a very good one (in my opionion).  So I am not sure, we need much more experience.  What we do need is a very good central midfield player - but you all know that :o)

-------------Stekelenberg-------------
Zverotic-Hoogland-Amorebieta-Voser
---Dejagah------Parker-----Chihi
-----------------Ruiz-----------------
---------Mitrolglou---McCormack--------

Bench to include Stockdale and Rodallega

So sustitute in the above, Burn for Hoogland.  Stafylidid for Voser, Voser of Hoogland for Zverotic and Eisfeld for Chihi, plus dd David if Ruiz leaves and Rod or Woodrow if the Bubble goes.

But Zverotic, Ruiz and Amorebieta have already shown that they are not up to match winning standard, who is Chihi and as for Mitroglou the least said the better.

The problem right now for most of us is that Felix has given us no idea what his intended starting line up is, lets hope he knows, and his team has not even played a pre season game at the Cottage. We are all completely in the dark about our team and it seems we will have to wait until the first match to see how strong or weak we are.

Interesting post from Stu but i do share your concern that we have no idea what Felix' preferred team is and sadly neither do the players.  I think we a have decent squad but we don't have a team.  It looks like Felix will need four or five games to sort out his formation, tactics and starting 11.  That may mean waiting another year for promotion.  Late off the starting blocks I think?
and this is the sort of thing that makes me mad, none of us know what the preferred team is, but i would think that Felix has a very good idea and you don't know that the players are not aware, how many training sessions have you attended or team meetings. i get so fed up with people making assumptions without knowing the facts.
This is not meant to offend or annoy you it just gets on my nerves thats all.

Quote from: alfie on July 28, 2014, 08:29:17 AM
Quote from: Twig on July 26, 2014, 07:56:10 PM
Quote from: filham on July 26, 2014, 06:17:36 PM
knows
Quote from: FulhamStu on July 26, 2014, 02:13:18 PM
Hello to you, my name is Stuart Roberts.  I expect I know some posters on here.  I have been around TIF since it was set by Paul Thorpe posting under StudownSouth (when I lived in Hants) StuinCT (when I lived in the USA) Strobe (when I moved back) and now FulhamStu (a name given to me by my mates here in Shropshire)  I remember when this forum was first set up and have come over to give it a try as TIFF has become like the old messageboard used to be (full of strange people) !!

Anyway, for my first post I wanted to talk about the perceived lack of experience in the team.  We could put out a team of all over 25's, this would not be our strongest team, but not too bad and with a few youngsters a very good one (in my opionion).  So I am not sure, we need much more experience.  What we do need is a very good central midfield player - but you all know that :o)

-------------Stekelenberg-------------
Zverotic-Hoogland-Amorebieta-Voser
---Dejagah------Parker-----Chihi
-----------------Ruiz-----------------
---------Mitrolglou---McCormack--------

Bench to include Stockdale and Rodallega

So sustitute in the above, Burn for Hoogland.  Stafylidid for Voser, Voser of Hoogland for Zverotic and Eisfeld for Chihi, plus dd David if Ruiz leaves and Rod or Woodrow if the Bubble goes.

But Zverotic, Ruiz and Amorebieta have already shown that they are not up to match winning standard, who is Chihi and as for Mitroglou the least said the better.

The problem right now for most of us is that Felix has given us no idea what his intended starting line up is, lets hope he knows, and his team has not even played a pre season game at the Cottage. We are all completely in the dark about our team and it seems we will have to wait until the first match to see how strong or weak we are.

Interesting post from Stu but i do share your concern that we have no idea what Felix' preferred team is and sadly neither do the players.  I think we a have decent squad but we don't have a team.  It looks like Felix will need four or five games to sort out his formation, tactics and starting 11.  That may mean waiting another year for promotion.  Late off the starting blocks I think?
and this is the sort of thing that makes me mad, none of us know what the preferred team is, but i would think that Felix has a very good idea and you don't know that the players are not aware, how many training sessions have you attended or team meetings. i get so fed up with people making assumptions without knowing the facts.
This is not meant to offend or annoy you it just gets on my nerves thats all.

Mate - I am not predicting the team, I am just stating a fact which is we have experienced players in every position if we want to use them.   Thanks all my friend.
I do realise that you have in no way predicted any team but to say that "we have no idea what Felix's preferred team is and neither do the players" but we do not have any idea what or what has not been communicated to the players.

Anyway no offense meant.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't