watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

sensible and realistic predictions for our first six league matches

Started by HatterDon, July 28, 2014, 04:09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

At this point -- with 5+ weeks still left in the transfer period -- I think it's unrealistic to be predicting our best XI or our league finish. There are some things we can determine based on what HAS happened so far. Here's my view:

I think we'll see at least 15 different starters and around 18 players total. While we won't be sure who our preferred XI is until late September, there will be discernible changes over the last three seasons:

a. there will be consistency in formation
b. there will be more discipline and coherence in midfield and defense
c. there will be more emphasis on team effort

I also think that when the dust settles -- about mid October -- we're going to see a Fulham we've been longing to see for a very long time.

More sensible predictions?

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

AUSFFC

I agree with all of this, consistency is our formation is a huge part and great to start seeing.. im just very anxious to see our starting 11 and hoping that its a well settled side

a few very interesting weeks ahead 
"Never expecting, always believing" COYW

RaySmith

I'm optimistic about a coherent team performance going into the new season, and I'm sure many feel the same.

There is a sense of excitement and anticipation, with a completely new team almost, and Felix with more time to stamp his mark.

But, I fear a few bad results could lead to fan unrest, and hope people give the team a chance.

It's always being said that we  have a long season ahead - and this can mean that a bad start doesn't necessarily preclude a team from challenging for a play off place at the sharp end of the season.

But let's hope for a good start , and good results, that will feed a spirit of positivity amongst players and fans.

Arthur

Quote from: RaySmith on July 28, 2014, 08:28:35 AM
I'm optimistic about a coherent team performance going into the new season, and I'm sure many feel the same.

There is a sense of excitement and anticipation, with a completely new team almost, and Felix with more time to stamp his mark.

But, I fear a few bad results could lead to fan unrest, and hope people give the team a chance.

It's always being said that we  have a long season ahead - and this can mean that a bad start doesn't necessarily preclude a team from challenging for a play off place at the sharp end of the season.

But let's hope for a good start , and good results, that will feed a spirit of positivity amongst players and fans.

Agree.

At this point in time, I'm of the view that, in years to come, we shall look upon last season's relegation as no bad thing. More than anything, at a crucial time in our younger players' development, it offers an opportunity to progress that may have been largely denied them had we remained in the PL. I believe that we will return to the highest echelon of English football and that we will be a stronger Club for the experience.

Moreover, I didn't think that I would be looking forward to the new season as much as I am. Promotion is, in my opinion, a realistic target.

The hardest part may, indeed, be winning over some of our own so-called 'supporters'. I wonder whether the temptation to dish out stick is too difficult a habit to break for those who have increasingly found reasons to have a go at the manager and/or players in the four years since the Europa Final.

I am predicting 11 points from our opening six fixtures and express the hope that this will be good enough to unite the crowd behind the team for a successful season.

filham

Look. apart from one or two match highlights I havn't seen us play yet, we seem to field a different team in each friendly, the teams we have played against have been below championship standard and we have yet to step on the Cottage turf.

I have no idea how we will perform, every thing is yet to be revealed, I am just keeping my fingers crossed but do feel we could take a while to find our feet.

Forever Fulham

Attacking center mid.
Defensive center mid.

Are we there yet?

Deanothefulhamfan

I agree with almost everything Arthur says, in particular the first 2 paragraphs....

I am also going for 11 points out of 18, which against the opposition would be a very good start. I think we will finish like a train, so the better start we get the better our chances of actually winning the league

The Rock

Looking at the first 6 games, I see 8 points from 6 games. I see 12 points from the next 6 games though as we have a difficult start. It's too difficult to tell. I think what is most important is that I really want to see us out class our opposition regardless of the results these first few games. If that's the case we will know where we stand.