News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is everything at Fulham actually extremely calm?...

Started by Tktd, June 16, 2010, 03:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

Hodgsons said he's fine at Fulham

Fulham have rejected moves for Schwarzer

Apparently arsenal are interested in other defenders - which would suggest any attempted move for Hangeland would've been rebuffed (and hangeland rejected them last summer).

Al Fayed has been out and said that he'd be suprised if Roy left him and that he gives Roy anything he wants to achieve results.

Gera has had his agent reject possible moves to Fenerbache and Roma (two pretty big clubs!)

Obviously papers will have their say and a lot of the time it'll be fabricated out of nothing, but is everything at Fulham changing have we now got a setup which is no longer in line with the "selling club" mentality... Obviously Fulham fans are nervous as it's all we'vre known but it does seem to me that things are changing. The press are playing on the idea that we're a small selling club - but are we? We got into the Europa League Final beating some top top teams... are the press forgetting about the idea of how things and attitudes can change with time?...

All the noises from the club and the players (apart from Konch - which to me has seemingly come out of nowhere which is confusing, and he's not been quoted as saying he's going or staying or anything else)...are that the players don't want to go, are content where they are and are looking forward to staying at the club.

Obviously until the summers over or something gets conprehensively stated by the club and the papers continuously spit anything out they can then you'll worry but maybe we're just getting worked up on just press boredom and nothing else...?! :S :? just saying...

The Equalizer

Hear hear! Exactly what I've been telling myself.

I just hope it's true!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Jimbobob

"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

DevonFFC

The mirror news paper can piss off it has bee the only paper in the last week to write anything about roy to liverpool. Also they seem to have no end of insiders who will talk to them from both parties one of which is a close friend of roys, do 1. Roy is 62 and i presume his friends and staff are going to be far to mature and respectable to go and talk to the media, the mirror of all to discuss where roy might or might not be heading/thinking.

Jimbobob

Quote from: ollienixs on June 16, 2010, 03:49:51 PM
The mirror news paper can piss off it has bee the only paper in the last week to write anything about roy to liverpool. Also they seem to have no end of insiders who will talk to them from both parties one of which is a close friend of roys, do 1. Roy is 62 and i presume his friends and staff are going to be far to mature and respectable to go and talk to the media, the mirror of all to discuss where roy might or might not be heading/thinking.

Like I said who knows. You know the papers a lot better than I do.
Roy claimed loyalty after the Europa final so I am still holding on to that but Liverpool is a big job.
I hope they can piss off too.  :038:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

DevonFFC

Quote from: Jimbobob18 on June 16, 2010, 03:56:18 PM
Quote from: ollienixs on June 16, 2010, 03:49:51 PM

Like I said who knows. You know the papers a lot better than I do.
Roy claimed loyalty after the Europa final so I am still holding on to that but Liverpool is a big job.
I hope they can piss off too.  :038:

Big club, but so were leeds and notts forest. Two of the biggest supported clubs in the country, you cant hold on to your history for ever and they are a sinking ship. They can piss off and get that "big manager" they want who will splash what little cash they have and watch they whither.

Who votes for david o'leary to take over....

tingtawng

Liverpool To Appoint Roy Hodgson As New Manager This Week
By Kenneth on Wednesday, 16th June 2010

Liverpool are set to make Roy Hodgson their new manager by sometime this week according to a report from The Daily Mirror. The Anfield giants have apparently sanctioned a move for the Fulham coach after a board meeting on Friday and are set to discuss contract details with the former Inter Milan boss over the next few days.

Any player transfers and departures will also be delayed until Hodgson arrives at the club with the Liverpool board allowing the new coach to decide which player should be allowed to leave or must stay.

This would mean that the transfer of Yossi Benayoun to Chelsea has been put on hold after Liverpool announced that talk of the Israeli midfielder joining their Premier League rivals were premature.

The Anfield giants will offer Hodgson a deal that doubles his current contract with Fulham with additional bonuses if he leads the club to finish in the Premier League top four next season. According to the report, the new manager will also be handed a £12 million transfer warchest that will be on top of any additional funds acquired from subsequent player sales this summer.

In contrast, Liverpool refused to give the same assurance to departed former coach Rafael Benitez when the Spaniard met chairman Martin Broughton earlier this month. It was the main factor that ultimately pushed Benitez to tell the club he could no longer continue to lead the club to its objectives and was subsequently asked to leave.

Hodgson has been reported to have said in private that he would want Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres to stay at Liverpool if he were to take over the managerial reins. Both players have been linked to a host of clubs this summer, including Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea and Manchester City, while they have refused to publicly commit their futures to Anfield.
IN SVEN VE TVUST