more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If the season started tomorrow...

Started by Captain Fulhamerica, July 30, 2014, 04:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarryP

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 30, 2014, 06:28:35 PM
When a thread or a post starts with "if" I remember what my dear, old pop use to say:
"IF frogs had wings, they wouldn't bounce their butts".

They probably would when they landed.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Captain Fulhamerica

Quote from: Sammyffc on July 30, 2014, 06:11:57 PM
Quote from: MJs Statue on July 30, 2014, 06:00:42 PM
I'm still hoping Dembele gets a shot. He's been in amazing form. He's going to be a star at some point, why not now?

i don't see how you can say he has been in amazing form ? . Fair enough he scored 3 goals . 2 of them mistakes from dc and he just had to finish ( good finishes ) . but i wouldn't call that ' amazing form '. Hugo has scored 2 goals in pre season in two separate games .. thats what goal scorers do

I would call a hat trick in any game amazing form.  I don't think you can criticize a player for scoring when he "just had to finish".

I'm running the risk of becoming the resident Dembele fanboy, but I think he has all the tools.  He's strong, fast, skillful, and pops up in the right spots to finish.  He's done it at every level he's played and I don't see why he can't do it in the Championship.

For my XI it was a tough call between Rodagella and Dembele, but for me I would start Dembele, boost his confidence, and then bring Roda off the bench.

Mhbruce

Surprised to see so little kaca involved

Captain Fulhamerica

Quote from: Mhbruce on July 30, 2014, 06:43:51 PM
Surprised to see so little kaca involved

I wanted to put Kaca in my XI, but that meant playing with wingers and I can't see who we would play on the opposite wing.  It would have to be Mesca or Chihi, but I'm not sure how much confidence I have in them.  I also think a midfield of...

------------Parker------------

Kaca-------------Mesca/Chihi

------David/Eisfled/Riuz-----

is weaker than a diamond with more central players (Parker, David, Eisfeld, Ruiz, etc.). Especially defensively and in terms of controlling the midfield.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJs Statue on July 30, 2014, 06:36:49 PM
Quote from: Sammyffc on July 30, 2014, 06:11:57 PM
I'm still hoping Dembele gets a shot. He's been in amazing form. He's going to be a star at some point, why not now?

i don't see how you can say he has been in amazing form ? . Fair enough he scored 3 goals . 2 of them mistakes from dc and he just had to finish ( good finishes ) . but i wouldn't call that ' amazing form '. Hugo has scored 2 goals in pre season in two separate games .. thats what goal scorers do

I would call a hat trick in any game amazing form.  I don't think you can criticize a player for scoring when he "just had to finish".

I'm running the risk of becoming the resident Dembele fanboy, but I think he has all the tools.  He's strong, fast, skillful, and pops up in the right spots to finish.  He's done it at every level he's played and I don't see why he can't do it in the Championship.

For my XI it was a tough call between Rodagella and Dembele, but for me I would start Dembele, boost his confidence, and then bring Roda off the bench.
dembele also bangs in a few with his head too
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

cmg

We've got some interesting choices to make up front. Unusually for us we have a number of options.

I'm a Woodrow fan myself and I'd thought he'd done enough at the end of the season (and after) to merit first choice, but, of course, things change.
Dembele can look sensational and has the all-important nose for a goal. There were also times, last season, when he still looked very clueless. He is so big it is easy to forget how young he is. Still, he is keeping good company. The French rate him and they are no mugs, particularly when it comes to bringing on young talent. This little clip shows the last minute winner he got for their u18s against Croatia ('Les Bleus' are the ones playing in blanc!) :

http://www.fff.fr/actualites/141803-551783-la-france-lemporte-1-0

It's a bit disappointing that McCormack has not been considered fit enough to play in pre-season games.

twang

Bettinelli
Voser - Hutchinson - Burn - Stafylidis
Parker
Chistensen - Tunnicliffe
David
McCormack - Rodallega

Craven Mad

If we started tomorrow, I think we'd lineup a little like this.

Bettinelli
Voser-Hutch-Burgess-Stafy
             Parker
 David - Hyndman - LVC
         Cauley - Ross

Cauley maybe swapped with Hugo or Moussa. The 3 of Hyndman, LVC and David, maybe swapping with any number of Pat, Kaca, Williams, Eisfeld etc - that area of the pitch seems least certain right now as no one has much experience but many show promise..

I personally don't think we can consider Ruiz, Stek and Mitrog current options as they would be so unfit and have not seemed to train with the team at all.

JackyFulham90

Stekelenburg

Voser
Hutchinson
Amorebieta
Stafylidis

Parker
David
Eisfield
Roberts

McCormack
Dembele

The Rock

Quote from: fulhamben on July 30, 2014, 05:05:55 PM
Can't believe everyone would have McCormack and Hugo over a fit mitroglou.

Can't believe anyone would have described Mitroglou as able to be fit.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: cmg on July 30, 2014, 07:16:49 PM

We've got some interesting choices to make up front. Unusually for us we have a number of options.

I'm a Woodrow fan myself and I'd thought he'd done enough at the end of the season (and after) to merit first choice, but, of course, things change.
Dembele can look sensational and has the all-important nose for a goal. There were also times, last season, when he still looked very clueless. He is so big it is easy to forget how young he is. Still, he is keeping good company. The French rate him and they are no mugs, particularly when it comes to bringing on young talent. This little clip shows the last minute winner he got for their u18s against Croatia ('Les Bleus' are the ones playing in blanc!) :

http://www.fff.fr/actualites/141803-551783-la-france-lemporte-1-0

It's a bit disappointing that McCormack has not been considered fit enough to play in pre-season games.

He played for 90 minutes against Motherwell.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/first-team/2014_2015/friendly/motherwell

cmg

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 30, 2014, 09:50:39 PM
Quote from: cmg on July 30, 2014, 07:16:49 PM

He played for 90 minutes against Motherwell.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/first-team/2014_2015/friendly/motherwell

Sure...but was then said to be not fit enough to play at Crawley - unless I have misunderstood?

bill taylors apprentice

I'm amazed some people have failed to grasp the fact that Stekelenburg, Ruiz, & Mitroglou are nowhere near the club at present. Not involved with any preseason games, not training with the squad and not seen very often full stop.
Of course anything could happen over the coming weeks, but at present they want out and are not being considered for the 1st team today.

Sgt Fulham

I've always wondered why the transfer window is still open after the season starts. Surely there must be a reason for this that I am missing but if it closed at the start of the season there would be so much less disruption.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on July 30, 2014, 10:35:52 PM
I've always wondered why the transfer window is still open after the season starts. Surely there must be a reason for this that I am missing but if it closed at the start of the season there would be so much less disruption.

Interesting question.

I've found this Wikipedia article on the Transfer Window:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window

It seems to say that FIFA says that there should be a 12 week period between the seasons in which  clubs can register players from abroad with FIFA and a four week period in the season.

So I guess that the period from the last match of the previous season to August 31st is the 12 week period although the formal opening is July 1st because most contracts run from then until the end of June and the last day August 31st is common to much of Europe.

..Kya.ffc..

Just a bit of mind blob:

Joronen/Bettinelli

Hutch  Burn  Amore  

Vosser                       Stafyl
             Parker    
                       LVC

Eisfeld       David

McCormack
----------------------------------
         Joronen/Bettinelli

Vosser  Hutch  Amore  Stafyl

Tunni/Hoog

LVC   Parker   David

McCormack  Dembele
---------------------------------
         Joronen/Bettinelli

Vosser   Hutch   Amore   Stafyl

Parker
Roberts                      KAca

Eisfeld      David

McCormack
Beers may have been involved in this post.