News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

First Team goalkeeper, will the real Number 1 stept forward ...........NOW !!!!

Started by Me-ate-Live, innit??, July 30, 2014, 10:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Having sold Stockdale to our rivals and fe !!!cking with Stekelenburg and  sending him to Coventry ....(not really)
Felix must have a fairly decent ........nay......  brilliant keeper ready to jump in.

Only nine days Felix ...Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock

fulhamben

either that or khan has played a blinder, and lead us to believe we would be strong in this window whilst he quietly goes about asset stripping us under the guise of non committed players
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Berserker

Aghh all i see is an empty goal, aghh we are doomed doomed doomed.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

b+w geezer

My 50th season coming up and this is a new one -- a goalie situation as summarised above, with so little time to go.

There were no mysteries about David Stockdale. If he wasn't rated, that would have been known before the pre-season ever started, so heaven knows what the thought processes have been among the powers that be in not doing anything about it.

Unless Joronen is rated the answer. With pre-season fixtures as they've been -- a parallel universe to the one we'll be entering -- there has been no opportunity to find out. (You or I could have filled in most of the time). I stood behind his goal at Crawley and didn't have the impression either of a clown or of a particularly commanding presence. But if no-one else arrives, presumably the PR people will be wheeled out next week to build him up as the next bright hope.  And let's hope he is.

Tonywa

This is turning into a shambles par excellence.  Just over a week to go and not a bloody clue of what the first team is likely to be or even who will still be here when we play Ipswich.  As I've said elsewhere.  Potentially a net spend in zero quantities and our singing a mixtures of loans and free transfers.  Exactly the same as we had when Jol was manager. Obviously mad Magath is having to be 'creative' as well.

YankeeJim

Oh ye of little faith.

Felix knows and Khan has spent money. I suspect we are simply waiting for the final touches on a quality keeper and an additional mid. All is well.  049:gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I reckon he really rates Joronen and Betinelli.
If they're as good as they are supposed to be, why not give them a chance.
I realize a goalie is as important as a striker, and we're giving a lot of the
young ones a chance, why not a goalie ?
They've got to start somewhere and Joronen was excellent in Florida and did have
a very solid defence in front of him.
Watching them in the training session, both of them were excellent shot stoppers
and good at coming out to get crosses etc.
Also both of them are very tall and commanding
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

love4ffc

Agree with Rogerpinvirginia.  Give Joronen and Betinelli a chance.  Joronen looked pretty good in JAX game.  Especially with the back four he had.  They had a few scary moments but nothing really crazy. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Nero

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 31, 2014, 05:08:30 AM
I hope I am wrong, I really do. But we may all rue the day Felix Magath entered the gates of Craven Cottage. He may turn out to be a breath if fresh air and a genius. However, he may not, we may realise we have an imposter on our hands earlier in the season than we may be prepared for. San Burn at RB v Stoke and Bringing Bent on when we were 2 0 up v Hull instead of closing the game up with a midfield player. Are Just two examples of his buffoonery and Mr Magoo decisions, which make me feel that we in the hands of someone who will end up leaving one way or another, but not before sending Fulham to their DOOM, or at least enough damage, which may take Fulham years to repair.
I sincerely hope I am barking up the wrong tree, or the alternative is Felix Magath really is barking.

You could be right what has this buffoon ever won. Giving this rookie a chance what are Fulham playing at

JTH

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 31, 2014, 05:08:30 AM
I hope I am wrong, I really do. But we may all rue the day Felix Magath entered the gates of Craven Cottage. He may turn out to be a breath if fresh air and a genius. However, he may not, we may realise we have an imposter on our hands earlier in the season than we may be prepared for. San Burn at RB v Stoke and Bringing Bent on when we were 2 0 up v Hull instead of closing the game up with a midfield player. Are Just two examples of his buffoonery and Mr Magoo decisions, which make me feel that we in the hands of someone who will end up leaving one way or another, but not before sending Fulham to their DOOM, or at least enough damage, which may take Fulham years to repair.
I sincerely hope I am barking up the wrong tree, or the alternative is Felix Magath really is barking.

He put Bent on in the Hull game when the score was 0-0. We then scored 2 in 5 mins after he had come on. As he was the last sub he couldn't bring anyone else on to close the game.

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

The mistake he did make in that game was not taking an injured Sidwell off at half time, but that might have been Sidwell saying he was fit to carry on.

H4usuallysitting

Stek is currently NOT even training with the first team - big fallout...... I expect our team to be so good this season that we will not need a keeper - if they need a fat bloke between the posts, I'm the man