more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

s Magath a mad man ?

Started by jeremyfulham, July 27, 2014, 12:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 30, 2014, 02:36:45 PM
He could turn out to be a genius, but playing Burn at right back v Stoke and when Sidwell was injured v Hull and we were 2 0 up. He brought on Bent instead of closing the game up and bring on a midfielder, that says it all. So on the evidence so far he could be gone by Christmas. He should take Mackintosh with him

Two decisions do NOT say it all whatsoever.  The Burn at right back has been beaten to an absolute bloody pulp by now, and I honestly cannot take people seriously when they bring the same gripe up twenty thousand times.  It was a mistake, it didn't work, but it is NOT what got us relegated.  As for Sidwell staying on, I can only imagine he had some input in that.  If he said he was fine and would be able to continue playing then he was kept on with an expectation of more than 2/3 minutes.

People make mistakes, but under Magath I was a lot more impressed than any of the other two managers last year so I for one am giving the absolute benefit of the doubt with HIS squad and a pre-season behind him.  If we start poorly then fair enough, but the season hasn't even begun yet.

YankeeJim

I'd think that if he stays Ruiz will be the Dempsey, Baird, Senderos of this season. Mitroglou is also a possibility but I sort of doubt that he has not & maybe never will recover from his injury. If neither remain around, fear not, there IS an American on the squad, so the negative nannies will have a target.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

ron

Quote from: epsomraver on July 27, 2014, 09:07:34 AM
Quote from: alfie on July 27, 2014, 07:08:38 AM

Senderos gave 100% enthusiasm and commitment for the job, but unfortunately he was condemmed by the masses.

Commitment and enthusiasm count for nothing, he cannot read the game and he was rash, why bring him up at all?

I was at a gathering of friends in a village near Birmingham at the weekend, and I was chatting to the local solicitor - a diehard Villa fan. When I mentioned FFC as being my team, he simply said; "You did very well losing Senderos didn't you...?" 

alfie

Quote from: ron on July 30, 2014, 09:51:52 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on July 27, 2014, 09:07:34 AM
Quote from: alfie on July 27, 2014, 07:08:38 AM

Senderos gave 100% enthusiasm and commitment for the job, but unfortunately he was condemmed by the masses.

Commitment and enthusiasm count for nothing, he cannot read the game and he was rash, why bring him up at all?

I was at a gathering of friends in a village near Birmingham at the weekend, and I was chatting to the local solicitor - a diehard Villa fan. When I mentioned FFC as being my team, he simply said; "You did very well losing Senderos didn't you...?" 

I remember certain Villa fans having a laugh when we signed Hughes, how did that work for us.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

cmg

Quote from: ron on July 30, 2014, 09:51:52 PM

The fact that he is a lawyer doesn't necessarilly totally rule out the possibility that he was telling the truth.

Deanothefulhamfan

Poor old Senderos, arguably our best defender last season, was very decent when he left and he still gets bashed on a weekly basis. Why can't someone pick on Hangelnd,, who was much much much worse than Senderos last season, and left the club on horrible terms. Football fans are a fickle bunch

I am nervous by Magath, but I am giving him a fresh chance with his own players, if we are not in the promotion places after 8 games, he will be gone, so let's try and get behind for that time at least.....

Riverside

Mods can we set up an ode to Senderos file or thread - where we can copy all Senderos comments ?

Even having left us in Jan he is the most talked about player ( past and present ! ) in this Forum .

He deserves a special accolade .

bobbo

We all all guessing on magath at this stage despite a couple of poor decisions (at Stoke ) on teams selections last season none of us know he has to be given at least this coming season to show his worth or not to show it as the case may be
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Holders

Quote from: Riverside on July 31, 2014, 09:52:37 AM
Mods can we set up an ode to Senderos file or thread - where we can copy all Senderos comments ?

Even having left us in Jan he is the most talked about player ( past and present ! ) in this Forum .

I thought that was Dempsey.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Riverside

Quote from: Holders on July 31, 2014, 10:32:04 AM
Quote from: Riverside on July 31, 2014, 09:52:37 AM

I thought that was Dempsey.

Nope Senderos has eclipsed Dempsey ( who it is true runs a close second )

nose

Quote from: bobbo on July 31, 2014, 10:19:41 AM
We all all guessing on magath at this stage despite a couple of poor decisions (at Stoke ) on teams selections last season none of us know he has to be given at least this coming season to show his worth or not to show it as the case may be

Magath has certainly put his stamp on the team
I agree he is a pretty unknown quantity.
He surely made some strange team selections and changes of formation last season but he was also dropped in it from a great height!

I like what i have seen in the highlits from the friendlies, but they are just that. However what was particularly refreshing was playing at pace ad moving the ball quickly, and we seemed to have width.  That and having a younger team, that would seem to be all positive stuff.