Main Menu

Team news!

Started by JIMMY D, August 02, 2014, 12:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: the nutflush on August 02, 2014, 03:00:20 PM
Quote from: maoconnor on August 02, 2014, 02:54:46 PM
Quote from: grandad on August 02, 2014, 02:51:11 PM
Good workout for a lot of squad players. No complaints really, except Mitroglou´s performance.

He looked like a lazy Berbatov - but without the silky touch of the Balanced Bulgarian. Very poor display despite his one shot on goal. It was his first game since the WC, though. He will not be starting next weekend, that's for sure.

That's like calling the new central defender a poor mans Senderos.  

You just had be spit out my coffee laughing, thanks for that!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Lighthouse

Hope McCormack is fit for next week.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

tommy

Quote from: Pie and mash on August 02, 2014, 03:02:21 PM
Quote from: tommy on August 02, 2014, 02:58:28 PM
The boys where climbing a mountain yesterday. I wouldn't look too much into this result

So you're saying today wouldn't be their peak performance?
Lol.

cmg

Rizespor, 12 in Turkish top div last season and might well have considered us to be inferior opposition, provided a pretty good test and handed out quite a bit of stick for a pre-season friendly.

We looked a good deal better in the second half despite being without our supposedly most creative player (David). Kacaniklic seems to be trying out for a midfield role for which he doesn't look entirely suited.
Bodoruv looked quite useful, but Hutch has established himself as our best CB so far and looks a right good signing.
None of the full-backs looked great today. I was pleased to see Kavanagh given an outing but he seemed to be constrained from putting in any of his trademark runs.
It looks like Ryan Williams is being very seriously looked at as a starter and he certainly has plenty of enthusiasm and a bit of steel.
I know I am biased - but I thought Woodrow was excellent, his goal a typical effort, was icing on the cake.
George Williams looked good, too, although I doubt that he will start. Isn't it great when these kids come on like this?
At least we established that Mitroglou is still alive (although opinions are divided on this).

Fernhurst

Even in days of Roy, the more we were in control of midfield the more we prospered.
Didn't spot any control in midfield today and this was our last chance of producing a performance akin to our starting game. Not sure we can introduce our flying Scot and just switch on a game plan to win at Ipswich.
Good luck to the whole team for next week..

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 02, 2014, 03:13:52 PM
he is the biggest flop in the history of football ever. Hell at least konstantinos mitroglou  makes himself available for selection. Did Ross even bother going to austria
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: fulhamben on August 02, 2014, 03:31:25 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 02, 2014, 03:13:52 PM
he is the biggest flop in the history of football ever. Hell at least konstantinos mitroglou  makes himself available for selection. Did Ross even bother going to austria

If you look at the photos from the website...yes, he was there. Was a ridiculous claim, at least I hope this is in jest. Note: I am highly caffeinated right now - so I may just be typing for the sake of it. My apologies.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"