watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MLS All Stars 2, Bayern Munich 1

Started by Forever Fulham, August 07, 2014, 11:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

You just have to wonder what if Landon had played in USMNT in the game against Portugal.  Would we have likely won that game?  And if so, would our top seeding have given us an opponent other than Belgium as the U.S. moved on?...  I kept waiting for him to say something about being left out of the USMNT squad in the post game interviews.  The commentators tip toed around "his summer".  He could have let Klinsmann have it; he was in the stands.  But Landon kept his cool, stayed upbeat and gracious.  Now too old to play in another Cup... 

YankeeJim

I don't think he would have made a difference against Portugal. The defense is what fell asleep in that match. I do truly believe he would not have skyed that stoppage time chance against Belgium like Wondo did. Really though, all that would have meant was a loss to Argentina in the following round.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

btings

This game was really, really fun to watch.  All 3 goals were great.  Apparently Pep has already demanded a rematch.

Forever Fulham

YJ, I generally agree with your points, above.  But an extra goal is still an extra goal, and it would have negated that last second miracle tie.  But, as you say, if it would have meant facing Argentina instead of Belgium, well, I get your point.  The man was the face of U.S. men's soccer for 12+ years.  He carried a nation on his shoulders.  And at the end, he gets dumped for purely personal reasons.  Not fair, I say, not fair.  But he kept his cool and showed grace and diplomacy, unlike Jurgen's son...

YankeeJim

Really can't argue with you. Especially about Klinsman's kid. I do think Landon spoke up which got him in the dog house. It might be that Klinsman spoke to some of his German compatriots at Bayern who clearly didn't feel that Donavan put out the effort and even Landon lovers have to recognize that had he the drive, he might have played on one of the top clubs in the world. He certainly had the pace & the touch to do so. Too bad he didn't.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.