https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Magath criticism..merged

Started by Baszab, August 09, 2014, 06:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungsBitter

Quote from: MrProphet on August 09, 2014, 07:19:08 PM
Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 09, 2014, 07:16:55 PM
I said he had 8 - 10 games and I stand by it.... we looked great in the last 20 minutes, so lets see what FM does next game. this game he got it wrong which is pretty simple for us all to see.....

I saw a young team who dominated possession was kicked off the pitch and lacked a bit of creativity let down by three individual errors and a woeful performance from our front two.....
Agree 100%.
We looked confident on the ball, lacked a little width and Parker's continued pirouettes and missed quick release slowed us down. Magath's changes gave us the with and we nearly nicked it at the end.
Lots to be positive about and why anyone listens to the twats who got us relegated is beyond me.
Quark, strangeness and charm

ChesterTheTabby

Pathetic post in my humble opinion. Where do you get off slagging this guy after 1 game. Did you see the subs he made? All made a direct impact and by the end of the game were bossing the Tractor Boys around left and right. So much potential, just needs to be unlocked.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 09, 2014, 07:23:55 PM
May I be the first to say - This reaction is just madness.

We suffered with lack of link play between the midfield and the forwards. But there were more positives than negatives against a side who were one of the hardest to beat at home last season.

I personally don't know why Dembele is ahead of Rodders. But I am far happier today than last season when we fluked a win against Sunderland.

100% in agreement.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Burt

Erm...ok...let me get this straight.

We put out a team today that had only one player from the last competitive match we played. We have just had a revolution in the last couple of months in terms of senior players being shown the exit door and our promising youth being parachuted in, along with some new signings. We played against a settled team that challenged the play off positions last season and had one of the best home records. And we actually played some quite promising football.

And yet, after one match, where we showed more enterprise than most matches last season, people are writing us off already?

fp.gif

Baszab

Pokermatt - I shall do that next time !!

How many posts were there over the last month on the topic that - FM doesn't know his best team - formation not decided - players too naive and untested etc etc -- and then we see it all come together as predicted in the first game - pathetic

MrProphet

Quote from: Burt on August 09, 2014, 07:25:58 PM
Erm...ok...let me get this straight.

We put out a team today that had only one player from the last competitive match we played. We have just had a revolution in the last couple of months in terms of senior players being shown the exit door and our promising youth being parachuted in, along with some new signings. We played against a settled team that challenged the play off positions last season and had one of the best home records. And we actually played some quite promising football.

And yet, after one match, where we showed more enterprise than most matches last season, people are writing us off already?

fp.giff

Yep could not agree more

YoungsBitter

Agree 100%, much more enterprise and excitement today even with the result.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Deanothefulhamfan

Sorry but magatj got it so wrong....

4-4-2 all pre season but for our first competitive game we will switch to 3-5-2....

Wrong personell and wrong tactics... I hope he continues with the youth.... Parker needs to be dropped asap 

MrProphet

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 09, 2014, 07:36:04 PM
Sorry but magatj got it so wrong....

4-4-2 all pre season but for our first competitive game we will switch to 3-5-2....

Wrong personell and wrong tactics... I hope he continues with the youth.... Parker needs to be dropped asap 

We didn't play 3-5-2 what game where you watching?

Deanothefulhamfan

Mr P I will return the question.. What game were you watching????

Bodurov, Burgess and Hutchinson were a back 3, unless of course you buy into the commentary of Burgess playing as a CDM....

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 09, 2014, 07:16:55 PM
I said he had 8 - 10 games and I stand by it.... we looked great in the last 20 minutes, so lets see what FM does next game. this game he got it wrong which is pretty simple for us all to see.....
We also looked great for the first 30 minutes,the referre was a bit lenient with some of the Ipswich late tackles especially with off the ball incidents with fouling and blocking of runners. I just think we may have been better off with Hugo starting instead of Dembele who nearly picked up a goal but physically found it very difficult. A lot of positives to take but it did show we will not be any fitter than a lot of teams in this division. Made a real change to see us going forward and chasing a goal in the last 10 minutes instead of having our backs against the wall.

Arthur

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 09, 2014, 07:54:49 PM

Bodurov, Burgess and Hutchinson were a back 3, unless of course you buy into the commentary of Burgess playing as a CDM....

In my opinion, Burgess was playing in front of Hutchinson and Bodurov. Whenever we got forward in the first-half, he was clearly to be seen a good 10 yards in front of our centre-back pairing.

MrProphet

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 09, 2014, 07:54:49 PM

Burgess was playing cdm and when Hutchinson went off parker dropped in there......

Deanothefulhamfan

Ok we will agree to disagree.... I think he was more seen as a CB clearing up the mess Hoogland and Hutchinson made.... When has Burgess ever played CDM????

Andy S

Calm down everyone this is the first of 46 games. I fully expect us to finish above Ipswich at the end of the season as our team has a lot more class. Today was always going to be a nervous game. But our youngsters will improve over a period of time. They will get much better than they were today. So watch this space as they say

MrProphet

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 09, 2014, 08:14:45 PM
Ok we will agree to disagree.... I think he was more seen as a CB clearing up the mess Hoogland and Hutchinson made.... When has Burgess ever played CDM????

Yeah agreed a very strange decision would love to see LVC given a go there

Deanothefulhamfan

Quote from: Andy S on August 09, 2014, 08:18:41 PM
Calm down everyone this is the first of 46 games. I fully expect us to finish above Ipswich at the end of the season as our team has a lot more class. Today was always going to be a nervous game. But our youngsters will improve over a period of time. They will get much better than they were today. So watch this space as they say

Enough negativty from me I am off to bed.... Like the above post 100% though

Deanothefulhamfan

LVC would have been great mr P

westcliff white

That's 13 league games now I think he has had in charge, I wonder how that compares to Rene's and Jol's from last season? Must be very similar.
Every day is a Fulham day

Jimpav

Magath has built a completely new side and joined the club after Jol had single handedly buried us after two season of rot.

I'm not a Magath apologist as I think he still has a long way to prove himself, there is no point comparing him to his predecessors though.

He could win the next 13 games for all we know but of we lose the following 13 he would no doubt be out on his ear.

Let's face it, this will be a very long season whatever happens.