more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just for the record Burgess was trying to play CDM before the changes

Started by WayneKerrins, August 10, 2014, 12:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

Quote from: WayneKerrins on August 10, 2014, 05:30:21 PM
I wouldn't have thought his plan A was to play young Burgess there, would you Arthur?

I certainly wouldn't have predicted it.

Nonetheless, even if Magath has wanted to sign a CDM and been denied the funds, there were, in my opinion, less surprising choices for the role of CDM yesterday: namely, Hoogland or Parker.

That Burgess played in that position may be owing to our manager's maverick approach rather than Khan's miserliness.

sunburywhite

I like what I have seen of Burgess and he looks a lot happier in the back four

Poor lad, playing at CDM was like watching a fish out of water

How Felix can play him there is beyond me. As someone said, same as playing Burn at right back

I odnt know what medication Felix is on but I would like some of it. The world must seem rosy where he is

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Admin on August 10, 2014, 01:09:17 PM
Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on August 10, 2014, 12:54:03 PM
As far as I'm aware there is no lack of funds, it's up to magath who he wants to get,

As for getting the subs spot on, I disagree , why wait another 10 or so minutes when you're 2-0 down and with less than 20 mins to go before bringing on Roberts?

I'm trying to stay behind magath but some of the things he does are just baffling for someone who has won what he had

Correct, it was clear as bell that we lacked width as early as the 20th minute, so why not make the changes at half time, stun Ipswich and then go for the jugular? I mean, they as a team remained static all game and relied on bullying us to get what they wanted.   

The width was coming frpm Stafy and Hoogland.
Burgess was played there (I think) to give a bit of CS steel, perhaps for want of someone better.
In which case I would have preferred to play Vosler (more pacy width) with Hoogland in the Burgess roll

At least there's something about Felix that keeps us and the opppostion on our toes.
I'm sure he'll still be doing something like playing Geroge Williams in the defensive midfield roll
right up until the last game of the season.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Deanothefulhamfan

He was excellent imo, he looks really comfortable on the ball, very good distribution also . and as a CB that is a great attribute. I felt he was one of our best players, behind Hoogland and Hyndman

I think him alongside Bodurov has to be the CB pairing for the game against Milwall.

Just put Parker in the CDM role, or Hoogland who seemed to play there a lot pre season.