News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Good post by Ipswich fans, could be a wake up call for Magath?

Started by Admin, August 10, 2014, 01:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinFFC

Quote from: andersons11 on August 11, 2014, 12:34:57 PM
I think they will learn as well, there were a few challenges that probably would have been called our way if we had been in the Prem and whoever went down stayed down for a bit, which didnt help. However, with as fit as Felix has them, they will learn to get up quickly and close the ball down. Its a bit like last year with our defense learning to work with each other. If we can get that straightened out then I think we should be good.

There were 3 things that made me curious about his starting lineup.

Burgess in CDM, Hoogland played there all pre season, why not give him a go, or was there something up with Vosser?

Dembele instead of one of our other strikers, Dembele wasnt at his best, but he is learning. I was curious as why Woodrow or Rodellega didnt start alongside McCormack.

Hyndman getting the start, he played quite well and I am glad my dumbfoundment was proven for naught.

I think he wanted Burgess in front of Hutch and Bodurov to win those high balls that he probably knew IT would throw at us, yet having able cover behind.

I still hope that at next much Parker plays there as DMC and Roberts is in Parker's place higher as right sided MC. No opinion whether or not we should go with Burgess or Hutch at the back. I think it is going to be Burgess, as Magath probably wants to let Hutch know that he wasn't pleased with what he saw from him last game.

b+w geezer

I agree with those who suggest that we did well in many ways, especially considering the many young and rookie players, but Ipswich worked (and beat!) the goalie more and defended better, meaning that the result was just.  Also, that it over-eggs the pudding to describe them as brutal; if that's to be the verdict, we'll be coming to the same one most weeks.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: andersons11 on August 11, 2014, 12:34:57 PM
I think they will learn as well, there were a few challenges that probably would have been called our way if we had been in the Prem and whoever went down stayed down for a bit, which didnt help. However, with as fit as Felix has them, they will learn to get up quickly and close the ball down. Its a bit like last year with our defense learning to work with each other. If we can get that straightened out then I think we should be good.

There were 3 things that made me curious about his starting lineup.

Burgess in CDM, Hoogland played there all pre season, why not give him a go, or was there something up with Vosser?

Dembele instead of one of our other strikers, Dembele wasnt at his best, but he is learning. I was curious as why Woodrow or Rodellega didnt start alongside McCormack.

Hyndman getting the start, he played quite well and I am glad my dumbfoundment was proven for naught.

???
I thought Hoogland played at the base of the midfield diamond. Parker on the side.

I've stated in other posts that, imo, Parker's old legs will leave us open to counters if he is at the diamond's base.
So I was pleased when he didn't play there.

Hoogland played well.
He has pace to start attacks, (Chris David should have got it on target in the 1st half breakaway), and was up there to score (via deflection).

As we settle down and gel, I could see us beating Ipswich in the return.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

General

Funny you post this because I went on another Ipswich forum and the fans on that site said they're used to being called a physical side more than most.

FFCSteve

The Championship was always going to be a more physical game.
If they where all highly skilled on the ball players they would be in another league!
We do look a little lightweight. But so did the youth team last season!
Roll your sleeves up chaps, and get stuck in!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

RidgeRider

Ipswich is a typical Mick McCarthy team. We saw first hand what he did at Wolves. This team is not much different, maybe slightly less physical than the Wolves team were. This style got him promotion with Wolves.....

The Rock

I have always rated Mick. Not just from a decent gaffer standpoint, but I remember I think he almost cried when Wolves went down. He's got some heart and fits that mold where he can get the best out of players. Sort of like a lot of decent Championship managers I guess.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: The Rock on August 11, 2014, 08:29:29 PM
I have always rated Mick. Not just from a decent gaffer standpoint, but I remember I think he almost cried when Wolves went down. He's got some heart and fits that mold where he can get the best out of players. Sort of like a lot of decent Championship managers I guess.
I thought he ws one of the managers Murphy's comments about managers winding their players up so much that they incite their players to injure the opponents - (eg Henry on Zamora) was aimed at.

nose

I agreed with Felix. There were a number of challengs that merited yellow cards early on. Once the ref allows them then the offender is free to do iit again and again. That was the problem./ I didn't think ipswich were overly aggresive but a few more bookings were in order.

Not a big deal really and I hope our players can be a little more physical in their response.

MikeW

Ipswich didn't play 'stone age' football at all.  They played the sort of football that (a) keeps you in the League and (b) might just get you in the play offs.  Both Fulham and (the following day) Norwich tried to replicate Premiership triangles and keep ball.  It doesn't work.

Wise up Felix and purchase some strength to replace Sidwell and Heitinger for starters.

It's going to be a battle and a few folks on this site need to wise up too.

"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."