watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Experienced line up possibilities

Started by Deanothefulhamfan, August 11, 2014, 04:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanothefulhamfan

The one thing I have just realised is how big our squad is.... not only that but how much experience we have in our squad, but unfortunately these players do not want to stay or are not fancied by magath....

Not fancied

Burn
Amorebieta
Tunnicliffe
Kaca

Don't want to stay

Ruiz
Trotta
Mitroglou
Rodallega

Now I am a massive fan of pushing through the youth, but some of these names above would have made a real difference on saturday, and for the rest of the season.They would have brought us so much experience, and would have meant we would not have had to throw many names together and hope it sticks as we did on saturday.

I can understand not playing the players who want to leave, but I think FM needs to think more about the 4 players who seem cut adrift as they could really make a difference at this level in our team.

RaySmith

But are Burn and Kaca cut adrift? though seemingly not in Felix's immediate plans-but still squad players.

And isn't Amor one of those who doesn't really want to stay and is on high wages?

We could have maybe done with him on Saturday, and maybe the other two playing some role, but Felix has gone for a completely new start - which is what many wanted last  season with our aging, highly paid, squad.

But yes, our lack of experience could be a problem, but playing the youngsters will give them experience -a baptism of fire-and they will have to grow up quickly.

JBH

Quote from: RaySmith on August 11, 2014, 06:53:37 AM
But are Burn and Kaca cut adrift? though seemingly not in Felix's immediate plans-but still squad players.

And isn't Amor one of those who doesn't really want to stay and is on high wages?

We could have maybe done with him on Saturday, and maybe the other two playing some role, but Felix has gone for a completely new start - which is what many wanted last  season with our aging, highly paid, squad.

But yes, our lack of experience could be a problem, but playing the youngsters will give them experience -a baptism of fire-and they will have to grow up quickly.

:plus one:

Not sure why Rodders and Burn were named in the match day squad if as Deano stated they are not in Felix's plans??

Deanothefulhamfan

They were in the squad but not in the starting 11, and I don't think burn is part of FM's plans but we simply have nobody else. Rodallega didn't even get on, and he preferred an unfit striker, and two kids....

Amore has not said he wanted to leave from FM's pre season notes.

Rodallega was on my list for players who wanted to leave, and kaca was not in the team?

JBH

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 11, 2014, 07:03:31 AM
They were in the squad but not in the starting 11, and I don't think burn is part of FM's plans but we simply have nobody else. Rodallega didn't even get on, and he preferred an unfit striker, and two kids....

Amore has not said he wanted to leave from FM's pre season notes.

Rodallega was on my list for players who wanted to leave, and kaca was not in the team?

Sorry but didn't I say they were in the match day squad? unless you really have hard facts about who wants to stay or go then like everything on here it is pure speculation and personal opinion.

Skatzoffc

I think he has to play an unfit McCormack just to get him matchfit. We need him for goals and others for backup. Hopefully he will play Burn/Amo in place of Hutchinson to see if we can gel the defence.
Personally I didn't see anything wrong with Joronen on Saturday.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

MrProphet

There is lots of speculation and we can all read in to it but all we do know is Ruiz and Mitrojellyknees are looking for new clubs and as far as I'm concerned are gone.

What we must do is get a physical experienced cdm if we are sticking with the diamond. Someone who keeps it simple and stops us being bullied in the middle. Parker is only good enough for cover in my opinion. For Saturday I would consider playing LVC there

Deanothefulhamfan

Mr Prophet - I hve just re watched the game, I was clearly watching another game as you pointed out.... in my defence I was drunk and had to listen to chinese commentary, and I still need a few weeks to identify players it seems... Well done for calling me out on it haha   :dft001:

Having re watched the game, I would say Hutchinson and Joronen were very very weak, and by far our worst players.... I criticised Parker, Hoogland and Hutchinson after the game initially, but Hoogland as excellent and Parker did noting wrong albeit slow the game down at times.

JBH my initial point was they were not fancied, and appear cut adrift as they did not start and appear well down the pecking order. They have the experience which could have made the difference.

Slaphead in Qatar

I dont want amo here. He could not cope in the pl and he will not cope with the physical intensity of this league. I really wish burn would be a starter, he has experience of this league and is a fine young player.

Bedford White

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 11, 2014, 08:28:35 AM
I dont want amo here. He could not cope in the pl and he will not cope with the physical intensity of this league. I really wish burn would be a starter, he has experience of this league and is a fine young player.
:plus one:

TonyGilroy

It really is a work in progress though.

Much of what Magath tried worked well but some didn't. He won't be happy with the central defence but I remember Coleman and Moore's first games for us - let's not write Hutchinson off just yet.

In the next few weeks some big earners will likely leave - no reason to play them now. If they're still here on 1st September then that changes.

Other squad members will certainly get opportunities sooner rather than later.

Are experienced players going to be signed? Does it depend on other's leaving? We don't know.

I'd like a dominating CDM and keeper and it wouldn't be too odd if Felix would too.

Meanwhile the potential in our squad is amazing and I'd be happy with steady improvement over the next few years. When was the last time that we had a team that we expected to get better?

Deanothefulhamfan

Just a quick point on Amore, I don't think he has any problem with the physical side to his game.... Infact that is his main strenghth imo...

He might lack positioning, speed and mental toughness, but not the physical side to his game. He certainly wasnt good last season, and I never thought I would put him in the potential starting team, but his strengths and experience could be very valuable in this league.

TG - I agree with almost all of what you have said

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 11, 2014, 09:27:50 AM
Just a quick point on Amore, I don't think he has any problem with the physical side to his game.... Infact that is his main strenghth imo...

He might lack positioning, speed and mental toughness, but not the physical side to his game. He certainly wasnt good last season, and I never thought I would put him in the potential starting team, but his strengths and experience could be very valuable in this league.

TG - I agree with almost all of what you have said

I dont mind Amo.

He's derided on here for no good reason imo.
Sure he's not world class but he got better as last season progressed.

I think he has a role to play this term.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !