watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A good old fashioned Tonking

Started by Admin, August 15, 2014, 08:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Is just what we need to dish out in an aim to blow away any cobwebs, or at least get the feel good factor back around Craven Cottage.

I know winning isn't everything when you go to football, it's all about the taking part, meeting your mates, and generally being involved with the Club, but geez, over the last 2 seasons we really haven't had the best of times, or value for money.

Even back in the dark old days, we'd lose 5-0 away from home to some team like Leyton Orient, but would then thump say Burnely or Wolves at home. As poor as we were at times, there was always something that would lift your spirits.

For me, the last 2 seasons under Jol, the decline of the Club, the sale of the Club, relegation, and just generally poor results have still left me feeling rather flat.

Although this is a new season, with new players, a new direction and a new manger etc, I'm struggling to find any positives about anything lately. I was quite positive before we kicked off at Ipswich, but with another £100+ spent, witnessing another Fulham defeat, peed me off.

I don't want much from Fulham, but every once in a while, it'd be nice to hand out a good old Tonking, bit like we did to QPR, preferably starting with Millwall, then Brentford.   

Fernhurst

I've got bad bad news Admin.

My mate (not an FFC supporter btw) loves a bet and has generally been proved to be quite astute.
He has a double at long odds Fulham to lose 0-1 tomorrow and draw 1-1 on Wednesday..... Bloody hope he falls flat on his face with that one.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

f321ffc

Yeah that wold be nice, plus a couple of good signings 049:gif 092.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Wingnut

Two wins, whether it's by the odd goal or a country mile, against Millwall and Wolves is exactly what we need to get us going. That would give our lads a massive boost. Just checked in on my flight. Can't wait.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

JIMMY D

I believe the last. Time we have a team a tonking was against QPR at home couple seasons back when we won 6-0. Been a long time admin.

RidgeRider

I think Admin is right, a 5-0 win, or something along those lines, would a great boost....for our supporters  :dft011:

H4usuallysitting

Sorry - it's my fault....I had us at 275/1 to beat Ipswich 0 - 5 last week

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: JIMMY D on August 15, 2014, 10:05:51 PM
I believe the last. Time we have a team a tonking was against QPR at home couple seasons back when we won 6-0. Been a long time admin.

I remember battering Wolves and Norwich 5-0 the season after that. Needless to say that its time to do some battering again.

Humbled

Norwich on the opening day of the season a couple of years ago was nice.... great day (weather) and a great win.... I will settle with a 1 nil win but a "tonking" would be nice.

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: Humbled on August 16, 2014, 12:13:47 AM
Norwich on the opening day of the season a couple of years ago was nice.... great day (weather) and a great win.... I will settle with a 1 nil win but a "tonking" would be nice.

We played great the day we hammered Norwich.

But wait a minute, that was Jol's team... fp.gif

Deanothefulhamfan

I think we will hammer some teams this season, if we get confidence early on in a game we could be so dangerous.... I think once we have gelled we wil finish the season strongly as well