News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Peaked then over achieved under Hodgson...

Started by ffcjock, August 16, 2014, 08:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcjock

I must admit my "real" team is Raith Rovers but have lived in W London for 20 years. I adopted Fulham as my team (20 years ago they were just as crap as RR!) and have had a season ticket for last 15 years. It's been great. Great victories over the top teams in England - I was also at Old Trafford in 2003 to see us beat Man U 3-1 - and who will forget the Juventus match....

Last season was extremely depressing though. It got to the point that I nearly felt like not turn up - one day I actually took my boots as I thought I could do better than most on the pitch. It was like watching Cowdenbeath. It's been in decline since that night in Hamburg although we did continue to over achieve after that for longer than I expected.

The fact is there has been no investment in the team other than the annual £12m flop buy although hopefully McCormack will not come into the "flop" category.

But we've got to look forward. A clear out was long over due. In my experience if you're going to reorganise your workforce and make changes it is essential to cut deep and rebuild properly. Just trimming round the edges doesn't work. That's what the Manager has done. We need to give him a chance. That means not a few games but a good 2 seasons. Playoffs would be good this season but realistically top 10 in this league would be an achievement and a good foundation for next year. Be patient. It's a new team, a new manager, new methods. We are moving into a new era and there is hope. Fulham will not achieve instantaneous success. We are a small club and I'm guessing many on this board are too young to remember what it's like outside the EPL.

Lastly I have never heard so many people boo there own team (other than Scotland fans in Argentina in 1978...) and I think it's ridiculous. I can tell you now Raith Rovers supporters would never boo their own team no matter how bad it is, and it's been pretty bad at times. So get behind your team, SUPPORT them, and things will get better.