watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Working Progress

Started by Buffalo76, August 16, 2014, 08:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo76

Probably the most positive phrase I can think of currently.

aaronmcguigan

Fulham76

Quote from: Buffalo76 on August 16, 2014, 08:58:01 PM
[/quote

Quote from: Buffalo76 on August 16, 2014, 08:58:01 PM

Progressing towards league 1???

Buffalo76

Admin

Word of the day today, work in progress, team in transition, transitional period, Magath needs to find his best 11. No, we really are a poor Championship side, another Wolves waiting to happen. Sorry bit that's the cold hard truth.

Luka

Quote from: Admin on August 16, 2014, 10:58:32 PM
Word of the day today, work in progress, team in transition, transitional period, Magath needs to find his best 11. No, we really are a poor Championship side, another Wolves waiting to happen. Sorry bit that's the cold hard truth.

How about : "Boys in a mans world"

Nero

so true, do you think we need to get rid?

Admin

Quote from: Luka on August 16, 2014, 11:09:53 PM

Yeah could go with that. Burgess who has thighs slimmer than my Mrs, and Pat Roberts who should be going out with my 16 year old sister. Clubs a joke, and although I'm a fan of a bit of transition etc, this takes the piss.

jags24

Quote from: Admin on August 16, 2014, 11:26:50 PM
Quote from: Luka on August 16, 2014, 11:09:53 PM

Yeah could go with that. Burgess who has thighs slimmer than my Mrs, and Pat Roberts who should be going out with my 16 year old sister. Clubs a joke, and although I'm a fan of a bit of transition etc, this takes the piss.

A lot of people had an irrational exuberance before the season started.  They saw all the new signings and got excited about the fresh faces.  Now, reality is beginning to set in for a lot of fans... some people saw it coming.

We really need to staunch the bleeding and make sure that we don't get relegated once again.  But my view is, no matter what happens, Fulham will eventually be okay.  It will just take a few years to turn things around.

SimpleTactics

I think once we figure out the best striking formation / partnership we will hit the ground running.

glenhodgso

I am a lot happier watching this team than I was watching the "men" of last year.

FM is taking the long view (and he is telling us this) and seeing what he has that can last a long season and mould into a decent PL outfit.  I have been impressed by our fitness, our work-rate, our attitude and our team work - all from players who do not know each other yet - the best "linking up" play comes from Roberts and David, who seem to instinctively know where each other is on the pitch - once the rest of the squad know their roles, we will make consistent progress and the results will come.

The first two games both ended with the opposition supporters, the opposition team, and the opposition manager, screaming for the final whistle - that hasn't happened in a while...

Our team our making me proud of the club, too

alfie

I am a bit confused with some of the comments, imo we outplayed the wall for a good portion of this game, ok there was no end product, but I believe that will come, there goal came from a simple defensive error of both CB's going out wide, these things happen, not sure that they had too many chances other than that, but I tell you I am much more positive with this squad than I ever was last season.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

you lucky people

they'll be fine, once they get a win under their belts the confidence will grow. McCormack looked a lot better, Hugo was...Hugo and all in all they looked like a new team still getting used to each other. I felt sorry for Group Captain Parker who at times was like a man with one foot nailed to the floor as he tried to pass to someone,anyone...
'Remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean, cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.'

watfordwhite

Quote from: alfie on August 17, 2014, 08:17:46 AM
I am a bit confused with some of the comments, imo we outplayed the wall for a good portion of this game, ok there was no end product, but I believe that will come, there goal came from a simple defensive error of both CB's going out wide, these things happen, not sure that they had too many chances other than that, but I tell you I am much more positive with this squad than I ever was last season.

spot on. The game yesterday I think we bossed most of it. The goal was unfortunate,  and a bit sloppy. However that was the best Fulham performance I have seen in the last two years. We will soon gel and grow as a team. I am still confident of a play off place. One tread talked of booing the team off. Not something I heard from the Hammy.

SuffolkWhite

I always say give it ten games and I will have a good idea what we will do this season.

Yes we are in transition and with a younger squad and I do think they will come good but when I'm not sure.

I hear what people are saying about our best youngsters being taken from us if we dont go up, but what can we do other than sign them up for a few seasons.

I suppose splashing the cash would bring a few players but do we want mercenaries who dont care for the club? At least the youngsters are ernest and give it a go.

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Nero

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on August 17, 2014, 09:18:28 AM
I always say give it ten games and I will have a good idea what we will do this season.

Yes we are in transition and with a younger squad and I do think they will come good but when I'm not sure.

I hear what people are saying about our best youngsters being taken from us if we dont go up, but what can we do other than sign them up for a few seasons.

I suppose splashing the cash would bring a few players but do we want mercenaries who dont care for the club? At least the youngsters are ernest and give it a go.

what makes people think the young players wont jump at the first tasty contract put in front of them just because the club had them a few years especially if the team is sat at the wrong end of the table. most of these youngster we have got from other clubs in the first place,

Berserker

I enjoyed the football yesterday and feel we will be a good club again, I just don't know when and think it could be a while, years even.

What I did think yesterday and I'll get shot by you guys on here for it, I thought I don't think I can keep coming to matches this year if we keep losing like last year. I went to most home and alot of away last year where we lost time and time again, I got so depressed about it towards the end I hated going to matches.

I've decided I will only go to matches if I have somebody to go with, or near by, or meet up with before or after the match, then I'll enjoy the day even if the result or football played is rubbish.
Going on my own, sitting in the pub on my own, watching us lose on my own, like yesterday is just too depressing for me. I need to share the pain with people to elevate it
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Kent Cassandra

Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.