watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Let Me try To Understand This

Started by TonyGilroy, August 18, 2014, 07:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanothefulhamfan

Our manager is very much the marmite of our team, you either love him or hate him....

I agree with Burt's 5 points as a base example, but then I seem to agree more with Bracken white and apprentice to the maestro's response's. The theory behind the madness as Burt points out is fantastic but a few of us fail to this theory being put into practise.

Time will tell as to how this will pan out, but regardless of what you think of FM  he needs to get it right and get it right soon, as I think Khan will be very low on patience if we lose our next couple of games which is very likely, should we lose tomorrow.

colcliff

pluto
He's getting rid of the leaders in the dressing room, anyone who isn't a yes man, and anyone with the backbone to have some kind of input into how we do things on the field. Two sides to every coin.

whilst I agree its good to have some players with opinions in the  dressing room, what often happens is these players say nothing to the manager but snipe to other players  or speak in private to members of the press and can actually cause more upset within the club
most managers although  they don't like to be criticised will listen  if there appears to be problems
And at the end of the day a manager lives or dies by his decisions no player ever comes out after a manager is sacked  and says actually the way we were playing was all my idea

Two Ton Ted

There were clear divisions in the dressing room last season, too many leaders and little unity.

I'm not sure myself FM is the man for the job, but he's done the right things to turn around a decaying club.

Never ever bloody anything ever.

Tonywa

Quote from: Bracken White on August 18, 2014, 11:53:18 PM
I think we need a reality check here.
'Hasn't put a foot wrong.' Brought in to save us from relegation and made no impression whatsover.
What is his record overall at Fulham? Dismal.
Appears to fall out with whoever may challenge him - managing is getting the best out of all players.
Spouts top fitness and then plays an unfit McCormack.
Some good performances from some of our youth players & all credit to them - but there is a huge gap between youth team football and the Championship. We need a balance as do all successful sides, no balance results in no results.
Dan Burn with Championship experience and one of the players of the season at Brum cannot suddenly have a dramatic loss of form. But a left footed tall central defender playing at right back? Please. Tunnicliffe - a sound Sidwell replacement? Nope ... doesn't like him or refuses to 'manage' him.
Then there is the zany transfers. Stockdale gone with no recognised 'keeper on our books. Fotheringham?
'Mixing things up' is for the training pitch - not League matches. Chopping and changing constantly only promotes unrest, unease and indecision.
So he has much to prove - regret I have little confidence from what his teams have served up to date ... but so hope there will be an upturn in our fortunes ... however, with this man at the helm & his methodology it appears a faint hope.

Great post.  Absolutely agree 100%. Good man management is about flexibility and Magath's dictatorial manner is like something from a bygone age.  So in a team filled with promising, but untried youngsters and players who have never played Engoish football before we have no place for Burn and Tunnicliffe, by all accounts two of the outstanding performers in the Championship last season. It makes no sense to me either.