watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The squad is strong enough.....

Started by mccscratch, August 24, 2014, 03:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mccscratch

I am growing tired of everyone thinking that the squad is not strong enough....outside of two positions (goalkeeper and defensive CM) we have quality.... it is up to stubborn Magath to get over grudges he has with players and let them just play... the quality can be seen in flashes.

Burn should be playing, that much is clear.... Mitro should be playing but he is not because the manager does not like him personally.... Ruiz still has a contract with us and should be forced to honor it...

Guys like Hyndman and Chris David should be playing after showing they are very capable....
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

MrProphet

Quote from: mccscratch on August 24, 2014, 03:04:42 PM
I am growing tired of everyone thinking that the squad is not strong enough....outside of two positions (goalkeeper and defensive CM) we have quality.... it is up to stubborn Magath to get over grudges he has with players and let them just play... the quality can be seen in flashes.

Burn should be playing, that much is clear.... Mitro should be playing but he is not because the manager does not like him personally.... Ruiz still has a contract with us and should be forced to honor it...

Guys like Hyndman and Chris David should be playing after showing they are very capable....

To a certain extent I agree but we need a new goalkeeper and two new centre miss because Joronen isn't good enough and we are to lightweight in the middle of the park.

As for ruiz and Mitrojellyknees let's please just draw a line under them....

VamosFFC

Totally agree with you about our squad strength. And you're right, we just need to play out best players (Hyndman, David, Eisfeld) in the right positions.

I'm still up in by air about Mitro. Other than a few glimpses here and there at the World Cup, I'm still not convinced by him. Ruiz on the other hand should be playing if he is still here once the window closes.

Also, I think Hutchinson should get another shot, but that's just me.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: VamosFFC on August 24, 2014, 03:26:31 PM

Totally agree with you about our squad strength. And you're right, we just need to play out best players (Hyndman, David, Eisfeld) in the right positions.

I'm still up in by air about Mitro. Other than a few glimpses here and there at the World Cup, I'm still not convinced by him. Ruiz on the other hand should be playing if he is still here once the window closes.

Also, I think Hutchinson should get another shot, but that's just me.

Agree about Hutchinson, unsure about Ruiz.
I definately think Mitro should be given a game or 2,
Like McCormack, there's more to his game and he can create his own chances as well.
After all we've given everyone else a chance and who cares whether they don't play Scrabble together

He's a well qualified, proven and experienced goal scorer.
A game or two won't make any difference now.
HE MUST PLAY AGAINST BRENTFORD  + perhaps Ruiz amd Amour in midfield (I think)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

something_amusing

I couldn't agree more. With this squad we should be challenging for th playoffs at the very least. Im all for the team needing time to gel but not when i look at the calibre of player that magath is ignoring (burn, hutchinson, amore, tunniclife, kaca, cole, rodders, mitro and ruiz). It bugs me when players like fotheringham , dembele & burgess (there time will come) parker (a great leader but a player to bring on 60th min to shore things up) are playing and other players playing out of position when we have such a strong squad. We do need an experienced gk and a commanding cm but other than that we are stong in defence (just play the bloody players) strong in the creative midfield and strong upfront (again just play the bloody players). If magath swallowed his pride and played the strongest 11 in their strongest positions then i am happy for him to stay. Until that happens then im afraid we will be calling for him to go

Finnegans Wake

Agreed.

Everyone can see Burn should be playing. I think Burgess is going to be a great player but its too soon for him. He needs to be playing under 21 football and making appearances in cup games/off the bench. Throwing him into the deep end every game in an under performing team is unfair on him and only going to destroy his confidence.

I can sort of understand why Mitro isnt playing. You dont want to base your attack on someone who may not be here next week. But if hes still here after the window closes then he should be treated as one of the squad and therefore play. Same with Ruiz.

westcliff white

for me its a decent squad, but we do need some experience to join to help the young guns.
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

One goalkeeper and a player to replace or compete with parker and then we just get on with it.

Luka

This Squad is adequate at best.
At the back and in midfield we only have one decent player in most positions.
In some we don't have any.

Attacking options are good its just Magath that's the problem here.

Artful Dodger

I would agree wih Luka on this one....we are mid table with our best 11 at the moment. Magath cant even make us look that good.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Lighthouse

We need an experienced Championship spine. Keeper,Centre half, central midfield and target forward.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Putney

Technically our squad is fine but with players like Ruiz, Mitroglou, Burn and Amorebieta ostracised then it's rather weak.

TrexFFC

Quote from: Putney on August 24, 2014, 05:41:21 PM
Technically our squad is fine but with players like Ruiz, Mitroglou, Burn and Amorebieta ostracised then it's rather weak.

It really makes no sense. 

Jackali7

First of All Fulham needs a New Manager right NOW period!!
If you still think Paranoid FMagath can stay and do the job you're dreaming!!
I can't believe he is still here, I was expecting some News about a New Manager today?!

millsy

I agree, the squad is probably strong enough, even without the likely departees. The fitness is probably ok as well but our manager - whoever that turns out to be - needs to get a better blend of youth and experience in our first 11, then give them a settled run, with only peripheral changes and occasional intros and cameos as subs, when scores permit.

Not rocket science but we need some team spirit and I don't think Felix is the man to engender this. He seems to rule by fear and keeping players on the edge i.e. Not knowing if they're in or out etc. poor management, if you ask me!

Poor results to match!!

Julius Geezer

No, the squad isn't strong enough to compete in this league!