Main Menu

Magath facts

Started by jelmo, August 21, 2014, 10:23:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jelmo

Things that I perceive as good...

We have won 3 games since he took charge

We have drawn 3 matches since he took charge

He has made us a fitter team and we are no longer conceding in the final few minutes of the game

He has lowered the average age of the team

Seems to want to communicate with the fans and keep us in the loop.

Erm.... He cycles to Motspur Park...

I like his glasses...

Things that I perceive as bad...

We have lost 9 matches since he took charge

Tactics and planning for matches take a back seat to fitness training

He changes the starting lineup drastically from game to game which does not
give the players the chance to gel

He got us relegated when things were starting to look brighter under Meulenstein

Dan Burn has gone missing from the entire squad

Dan Burn played at right back in a must win game. Got repeatedly skinned and Holtby paid the price.

When Magath took over he instantly dented relations with Holtby and said that he didnt have the heart for a relegation fight. Holtby's performances then dropped off.

Kaca has gone missing from the entire squad

Tunnicliffe has gone missing from the entire squad

Against Wolves - Felix himself called it a must win game. Then gave a debut to Kavanagh (academy player) and Fotheringham (a journeyman who has no business being near this team). Which leads me onto the next con...

He signed Fotheringham.

After Hangeland left he slated the Magath Regime

After Briggs left he slated the Magath Regime

After Riise left he slated the Magath Regime

Magath got rid of our experienced players who (we as fans know) would have offered a lot in the championship (and we could realistically have kept). Sidwell, Richardson, Hangeland, Old Man Gounis, Reither.... Possibly Dejagah (not sure if we could have kept him or not)

He is leaving a talent like Mitroglou out of the squad when we may as well play him. Surely he is what we need for holding the ball up????

He signed Fazlic for some reason. Nothing against him but surely we are at the point where we need to fill the rest of the squad up with players of experience and talent. Fazlic is a wasted squad place (like Fotheringham)

Morale has never been lower under his leadership.

He has lost 3 on the bounce in the championship.

He decided it would be best to loan out an international keeper, sell an established championship keeper, to go for a Finnish youngster

He still doesn't know what his best team is after a full pre-season and 3 competitive matches.

Im sure there are more but I should probably get on with some work now

093.gif

nose

he does not know his best team which by now is a disgrace
and
he sold a good goalkeeper and signed a poor one

they are also bad points

and only three wins is a disaster not a good thing.

otherwise very well put!

Andyb

20% win rate worse than Jol

jelmo

Quote from: nose on August 21, 2014, 10:26:49 AM

he sold a good goalkeeper and signed a poor one

Oh yeah. Forgot about the whole Stockdale issue. There are so many faults that I overlooked it!

domprague

You're right, we're fitter and don't concede goals in the final minutes any more. We now concede them much earlier.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

jelmo

Quote from: domprague on August 21, 2014, 10:34:58 AM
You're right, we're fitter and don't concede goals in the final minutes any more. We now concede them much earlier.
That was the best pro i could come up with! To be honest, I find its less of a disappointment to concede early than late on. It gives us fans more time to get used to the idea that we will lose the match! Well done Felix!

aaronmcguigan

he decided it would be best to loan out an international keeper, sell an established championship keeper, to go for a Finnish youngster. Nothing against Joronen but where is the thought process in that

jelmo

Might add these extra Magath facts to the original list. There are just too many of them!

supersimmo123

For all Jols faults he was fairly consistant with his team selection, even though it was the wrong team!

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: supersimmo123 on August 21, 2014, 11:51:04 AM
For all Jols faults he was fairly consistant with his team selection, even though it was the wrong team!

So Jol was consistently awful whereas Felix is consistently ... oh dear no improvement there then

JDH101

Forever Fulham

I agree with most of this.  But Magath still deserves more time.  Situational football  (actual games) present dynamics you just don't see in practice.  Opponents willing to rough you up.  More pressure.  Everything at stake.  An audience.  It's loud.  Etc.  These players need more time playing together during actual games.  You can say they had time in preseason and in season practices.  But it isn't the same thing as game minutes.  Magath is looking (I hope) for signs of chemistry amongst players.  Some players will click playing with one another better than playing with others in the same field position.   He has so many new players, he is trying to get the jigsaw puzzle  finished.   That's my single best argument to advocate more time for the man.  I'm seeing a lot of odd pairings and choices, so this is all I can come up with that makes sense to me.