watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: whats your favourite music ?

Started by manxman, June 17, 2010, 12:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

I am leaning towards and listening to blues right now from some younger artists. I have to say John Mayer and Sara Bareilles are my two CURRENT favs. Two VERY talented younger artists. Mayer has some more mainstream tunes but some of his stuff from a few years ago is excellent. That kid can bring it. I don't usually gravitate towards female artists, with some exceptions, but Bareilles is a talent.

finnster01

Quote from: RidgeRider on June 18, 2010, 02:13:14 PM
... I don't usually gravitate towards female artists, with some exceptions, ...
Gravitate is such a wonderful word Mr RR, especially when applied to Dolly Parton's breasts :sir_roy:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

RidgeRider

Quote from: finnster01 on June 18, 2010, 02:27:16 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on June 18, 2010, 02:13:14 PM
... I don't usually gravitate towards female artists, with some exceptions, ...
Gravitate is such a wonderful word Mr RR, especially when applied to Dolly Parton's breasts :sir_roy:

:011:

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: finnster01 on June 18, 2010, 02:27:16 PM

Many years of gravity appears not to have had any effect on Miss Dolly.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

bazzamcb

JezamyBates

The Bus Boys are my favorites of all time

FatFreddysCat

Floyd, Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, Deep Purple, Happy Mondays. Anyone listening to rap should be shot in their silly jeans below their arse.

FatFreddysCat

But the best song ever is How do from the film The Wicker Man, the Sneaker Pimps have done a good cover of it.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 19, 2010, 09:01:01 PM
But the best song ever is How do from the film The Wicker Man, the Sneaker Pimps have done a good cover of it.
Sorry just watched it on Youtube, it's actually called Willows Song in the film (how on Earth did you resist Mr Equaliser?) Anyone who hasn't seen it should have a butchers. The Sneaker Pimps version is actually better and called How Do., but no Britt Eckland  :004: . :55:

White Noise

What an outstanding call.

the wicker man OST-willows song

White Noise

My one desert island album would be 'A Tram Shining' by Richard Harris with the incomporable Jimmy Webb.

This is my favourite. A 7 minute masterpiece that many have recorded but has never been bettered -

JIMMY WEBB - RICHARD HARRIS - MacArthur Park

White Noise

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: White Noise on June 19, 2010, 09:22:31 PM

What an outstanding call.

the wicker man OST-willows song

Cheers White Noise i've never heard that version before. I did once try to buy the Wickerman soundtrack, but it was about £15, when i thought i'd get it for £3 or £4 . Can you put the Britt Eckland clip on as well please so anyone who hasn't seen it can find out what i'm on about. A polite warning, have the tissues at the ready lads  :004:  :dft012: .

FatFreddysCat

White Noise i used to work for united International pictures years ago in Beadon rd Hammersmith, and we used to get to take home VHS cassettes home to watch (yes it was that long ago) and your William Shatner song reminds me of a Star Trek episode (never seen on TV) where both Kirk and Spock are dancing and it was obviously made under the influnce of someone on Lucy in the Sky with diamonds. you know how to find things, see if you can get the clip. I hope it's as funny as i remember and worth the effort, as i was only about 17 at the time and in a permanent Afgani black haze.

White Noise

The whole homo-erotic Kirk/Spock thing is hilarious. Nicely captured by someone here -

You Spin Me Round (Kirk/Spock)