News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why the impatience? (we were never going to go straight back up)

Started by Robbie, August 22, 2014, 04:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Near 100% squad rotation which was unavoidable. We needed young players not 30+ year old players. Statistically very few clubs go straight back up.  This was always going to be a re-build season. Brass tacks, we need 45 points to stay in this division. WHEN we go back up, it has to be with a well experienced, stable squad. That was never going to happen in three matches. All promoted sides are experienced, have played together for a long period etc... 

Change the manager now and we are back to square-one, with no extra money and probably a new wave of players will leave.

Let it be! (at least until match 12!)

westcliff white

auto promotion would have been tough, playoffs were a distinct possibility this season, but now relegation looks more likely.
Every day is a Fulham day

God The Mechanic

Quote from: westcliff white on August 22, 2014, 04:21:38 PM
auto promotion would have been tough, playoffs were a distinct possibility this season, but now relegation looks more likely.

After three games, two of which had more positives in general play than negatives?

NorfolkJim

The bookmakers put us in the favorites to go up and they are no mugs - however I expect they will be reconsidering now.
If they still think we can go up - expect long odds on offer as they try to tempt in some money they dont think they'll need to pay out on

jags24

A lot of people here were talking promotion before the season started.  Let's not rewrite history.

Nero

becuase the chairman and manager said promotion was the goal

Lighthouse

Quote from: Nero on August 22, 2014, 05:03:37 PM
becuase the chairman and manager said promotion was the goal

Exactly, and the manager keeps saying it is still his aim. Clearly he has no idea what team he wants to put out and no idea of the league so it was always going to be unlikely.

I predicted a below middle finish. I also thought we would add more players that had some experience in the league. With a week to go that may still be possible. But what has upset many of the fans who supported the Fulham Project was the bizarre team sheet on Wednesday. The resulting performance was no shock. However we all must hope Felix has the shakes out of his system and plays an team closer to the 'best of' squad. Plenty of players will come good given more than a game to get used to things.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

nose

i didn't think we would go straight back but i am now convinced we are exiting the division in the opposite direction

we are on the way down felix is the wrong man. the end is inevitable if we keep hiim

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

Why the defeatism? I course we should go straight back up. If we don't it could be quite awhile before we get back.

rusty shackleford

Lets cut to the chase here. The real reason is because most of us are armchair fans who rely on streams to be able to see the games.

Im in no rush to get back up

Robbie

the nutflush

Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 22, 2014, 08:47:42 PM
Lets cut to the chase here. The real reason is because most of us are armchair fans who rely on streams to be able to see the games.

Yes its a long commute from Melbourne.  If I was a billionaire it wouldn't be a problem.  Back to the original post I am on record as saying we wouldn't go straight back up and the Felix was the wrong man for the job.  I didn't agree with the over confidence of some posters here after the complete disaster that was last season.  Felix must go and Ali Mac should do the right thing and resign. 

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 22, 2014, 08:47:42 PM

No getting promoted will inevitably result in a further downturn of attendances, which will mean less reason to get that Riverside development going. 19K is good for now; but I think that number is dependent on the people coming along to see a promotion push not a relegation scrap. Obviously true fans will stand by Fulham as they should but from a club profile point of view it would be a disaster to spend two seasons down in the championship.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Deanothefulhamfan

Because rather than promotion candidates, we look like relegation candidates at the moment.

I truly believed we would go up this season as Champions.... we have one of the best squads in the league.... Unfortunately a huge percentage of our better players are not playing, which I did not expect in the slightest.

Also Khan said he would do whatever it takes to gain promotion, even not caring about the sustainability factor..... I am a big fan of Khan, but at present he has led us down a garden path....

Woolly Mammoth

My concern after 3 matches and 3 different lineups that no one else would have predicted. Is not so much going up, as STAYING up, as the Lunatic,  Felix has taken over the Asylum. There has to be an institution out there somewhere who are one certified patient shy of a full house.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.