watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Gazza

Started by Buffalo76, August 22, 2014, 06:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo76

Talk about kicking a man when he's down. As if his life appears to be in the gutter as it is he's now been offered a chance to work at the home of losers by the master of Twitch! 064.gif

Fulham76

Quote from: Buffalo76 on August 22, 2014, 06:58:14 PM
Talk about kicking a man when he's down. As if his life appears to be in the gutter as it is he's now been offered a chance to work at the home of losers by the master of Twitch! 064.gif

That lot would throw money at literally anything. Poor guy though, he's certainly hit rock bottom now he's associated with that crappy little joke of a club.

Jimpav

He looks in a very bad way. Hope that he has not been offered a job in hospitality.

Blanco

I respect Rednapp and QPR for offering a job to him. They are trying to get him back on his feet. Although it's probably too late. May I also say that how on earth do we or more specifically you have the right to take the piss out of qpr? Our club has been a laughing stock for the past few years. QPR just signed Vargas who is a great player. Plus Isla earlier this month. We are in the Championship signing no marks losing 3 games in a row with a manager and owner who have no clue. I don't like QPR but we are by no means in a position to make fun of them.

Nero

a job arry probably wants him as a player over 30 can pay him big wages and his a terrifick player

The Old Count

Quote from: Blanco on August 22, 2014, 07:52:40 PM
I respect Rednapp and QPR for offering a job to him. They are trying to get him back on his feet. Although it's probably too late. May I also say that how on earth do we or more specifically you have the right to take the piss out of qpr? Our club has been a laughing stock for the past few years. QPR just signed Vargas who is a great player. Plus Isla earlier this month. We are in the Championship signing no marks losing 3 games in a row with a manager and owner who have no clue. I don't like QPR but we are by no means in a position to make fun of them.

Well said

Buffalo76

We're in a class as a club way way above those anal feelers. Always have been so i'll carry on taking the piss thanks all the same.

Artful Dodger

For me Gazza was the star of World Cup 90 and for a couple of years I used to love watching him play whether it was for Spurs, England or Lazio so it is so sad to see him over the last 10 years fall further in to the mess he is in now. If QPR have offered him a job and it helps him get back on his feet then fair play to them, (although I still hope they get relegated again). Good luck Gazza!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Fulham76

What a crazy comment! We can take the piss out of whoever we want, especially when it's football related - don't forget this is a football forum & generally used for taking the piss or commenting on football related things.

The thread did say it wasn't Fulham related, so you should have just skipped over it. Jesus, people getting bollocked for making a football related comment on a football forum now. Unreal

Big Martin Jol

Poor Paul. I'm no expert of course, but you wouldn't be at all surprised to turn on the news to discover he'd checked out.

If it happened I don't think it would particularly help QPR, but it might help Gascoigne.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Slaphead in Qatar

completely agree with everything you say. Original post is in bad taste.

Wingnut

Saw a photo of him earlier and the man looks like an 80 year old in it. Incredible how much damage alcohol can do to the body.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

grandad

How dare people make a joke of this most serious illness. I have had 2 close relatives die as a result of being alcoholics. It is a horrible way to die.
Where there's a will there's a wife

west kowloon white

Mmmm pub team now Arry in(gt pr)???Wish him the best however.

leonffc

Quote from: Wingnut on August 22, 2014, 09:42:14 PM
Saw a photo of him earlier and the man looks like an 80 year old in it. Incredible how much damage alcohol can do to the body.

It looked to me like he's had more Botox as well as his alcoholism. Either way, he looks rough, although the press are very good at picking the 'right' photos for the story.
Fair play to Twitch for offering him the job, he's not doing it for himself (I don't think) or QPR, he's doing it as a way to get Gazza back in to football and off the booze. Alas, I doubt coaching kids would 'save' him for long. I get the impression that he is beyond saving with all the help he's had, which is tragic.
I was at Wembley for his first England goal if memory serves me right, and I was right in line as he flicked the ball over Hendry before his goal against the Scots in '96.
Player!!

Twig

Quote from: Buffalo76 on August 22, 2014, 06:58:14 PM

Tasteless and ignorant post.

epsomraver

Agreed, there are a few on here who seem obsessed with all things Qpr You know who you are, why not stay on the we are the ranger boys site with it's moronic posts and keep the standards up on here?

Wingnut

Quote from: leonffc on August 23, 2014, 09:48:27 AM
It looked to me like he's had more Botox as well as his alcoholism. Either way, he looks rough, although the press are very good at picking the 'right' photos for the story.
Fair play to Twitch for offering him the job, he's not doing it for himself (I don't think) or QPR, he's doing it as a way to get Gazza back in to football and off the booze. Alas, I doubt coaching kids would 'save' him for long. I get the impression that he is beyond saving with all the help he's had, which is tragic.
I was at Wembley for his first England goal if memory serves me right, and I was right in line as he flicked the ball over Hendry before his goal against the Scots in '96.
Player!!

I remember that goal alright. He was a brilliant footballer in his day. I really hope it works for him. Paul McGrath is doing similar coaching/skill seminars and it seems to be working for him.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.