more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Current Situation

Started by Me-ate-Live, innit??, August 22, 2014, 11:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: grandad on August 23, 2014, 08:59:51 AM
Kcat, I like the theme of your topic. What would the anti Magath brigade have said if Magath , when appointed, had said, "I can´t see us avoiding relegation but I will try." These same people were saying that we should play the U18´s instead. Now we are playing them they want old experienced players in. They are entitled to their opinions but the same few would be anti whoever we had as manager or player if 2 games were lost with them.

Oh dear, what a complete misreading of the criticism of Magath.

jarv

Amorebietta and Ruiz were useless last season. Ruiz had 2 seasons to catch up to the league and didn't. I was behind the goal watching Amorebietta and his reading of the game is awful. When he did get the ball, while players ahead of him were making good runs into space to give options he always chose to take 4 touches so any chance of a fast break was gone. Quick and accurate passes out of the back 4 is a MUST. I can't recall him doing it at all.  He was a major contributor to Fulham's slow, slow build up.

Often, after his 4 touches, he gave the ball to Parker (under pressure) who did 2 pirouettes and the opposition had 11 men behind the ball.

Fulham1959

Nick Bateman

I removed my reply which I personalised instead of simply disagreeing.  I apologise to all I offended and will control my reactions in future.

But this is not a time for complacency - it may become a serious downgrading of Fulham in the long term if we do not act now.  I expect a loss today taking Magath to 4 out of 4 plus the dishonour of getting us relegated after many years in the top flight!

If Fulham were playing really well and losing unluckily then it would be a different story, but we are getting what we deserve under this manager's tactics and there are no signs of recovery.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

alfie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 23, 2014, 07:51:06 AM
All the evidence gathered and researched, deduces that Felix Magath is not going to improve on his image, if we get a result today, it will be despite him not because if him, our squad is a more than decent group of players that are good enough to challenge for a top six spot. If we can get an attacking powerful Centre Midfield player, and a Manager with knowledge of English Football, like Eddie Howe or Steve Coppell

This is what annoys me about football supporters, all too ready to put the boot in and blame the manager when things go wrong and yet win the next game and hold on wait a minute this win has nothing to with the manager, seems football supporters (some) seem to want it both ways.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

NogoodBoyo

As I see it, Magath is a a lethal combination of inconsistent buffoon and vicious megolomaniac who is totally unsuitable for modern-day management in any field. 
I can only watch his bizarre antics with bemusement longing for the day that his unpleasant presence at our club is ended.
However, my real beef is with Macintosh, the man who hired Magath along with the hatful of other managers who have done so little on the field and so much to destroy the club we love.
Our upper management is the worst I have ever seen.  We are in chaos.  Unfortunately, it will have to get worse before it gets better.  The only question is how much worse? 
Macintosh is the real culprit.  In entrusting the stewardship of the club to Macintosh, Kahn has exposed himself as being out of his depth, lacking in knowledge and extremely naive.  He doesn't seem to understand either football or the business of talent management.  He has to bear responsibility for this too.
Meanwhile, Fulham have just conceded two goals to go 5-1 down at Derby.
Nogood "very hurtful, isit" Boyo