watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Our World War

Started by Berserker, August 23, 2014, 11:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

I've been watching this on BBC3, brilliant series.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Berserker

Well my great uncle was a Lewis gunner in the KRRC, I often go over to France and visit his grave, so I'll go for that episode. But the one about the tank I found interesting as I've seen the tank Deborah and often wondered what it would be like fighting in one.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Bedford White

I watched those too Berserker, really good production, strangely only aired on BBC3? If any fellow FFC fans share an interest in WW1 or military history in general these three programmes are well worth seeking out on iplayer.

Lighthouse

Have you been watching the ITV series on the diary and letters of people during the war? Well worth a watch as well. Like all horrors and experiences it never means much until the individual experience is shown.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TheDaddy

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 24, 2014, 12:25:24 AM
Have you been watching the ITV series on the diary and letters of people during the war? Well worth a watch as well. Like all horrors and experiences it never means much until the individual experience is shown.
Have to agree lighthouse some truly remakabale people and stories,I found out a few months ago that a great uncle died in WW1 aged 15 was a runner . My uncle has his medal and the original  letter that all mums dread .
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

RaySmith

Quote from: Berserker on August 23, 2014, 11:46:28 PM
I've been watching this on BBC3, brilliant series.

Yes, I've also found it excellent.

Shown on BBC 3 because it's meant for 'younger viewers' apparently, but a really powerful, informative, well made production.

Lighthouse

Quote from: TheDaddy on August 24, 2014, 01:19:04 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 24, 2014, 12:25:24 AM
Have to agree lighthouse some truly remakabale people and stories,I found out a few months ago that a great uncle died in WW1 aged 15 was a runner . My uncle has his medal and the original  letter that all mums dread .

It really does bring it home to you when it is that 'personal'. I know two of my great Uncles, who were brothers, died in the very early days at Ypres. A letter after the war described the deaths early in the war as a 'blessing' as they wouldn't have had time to be scared for too long. It was written by another brother who clearly 'survived' the war. But what a cost.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Holders

I sought out my great-uncle's name on the Menin gate at Ypres when I was over there. My granfer fought on the Somme and would never talk about it as it was so horrific.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria