watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

richard keys/andy gray talking sense for a change

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, August 24, 2014, 05:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

They are the pundits here on middle east tv now. Basically they said fulham were crazy to appoint a manager who knows almost nothing about pl and even less about the lower divisions.

Plain for all to see except those running our club.

the nutflush

Everyone could see it except for the donkeys in charge.

God The Mechanic

Because no foreign manager is capable of managing in England?

the nutflush

He was an awful choice and the timing was even worse.  We were clutching at straws appointing him.  Meulensteen wasn't the perfect candidate but we should have stuck with him.  He would be doing a lot better with our kids this season. 

Reznor

Quote from: the nutflush on August 24, 2014, 05:32:49 AM
He was an awful choice and the timing was even worse.  We were clutching at straws appointing him.  Meulensteen wasn't the perfect candidate but we should have stuck with him.  He would be doing a lot better with our kids this season. 

Yep, the sacking of RM was ludicrous. He blended in some younger players and we played well v Man Utd and Liverpool. Things were looking up in my book then we go and sack him and bring in this tool! Laughable if it were not so sad.

RaySmith

I think lack of experience of English football is more a factor for a club like Fulham, rather than one of the top clubs - where you have the top players in your squad.

And I think it's even more of a factor in the Championship than the Prem, and I think Felix  and The Fulham management underestimated the quality of the teams we would  be facing.

SKSW6

The rationale made sense to bring him in last season. He was known for saving teams from relegation and he'd never been relegated because of it. Now he's just an awful fit for the club and is surely destroying the youth we've worked so hard for to get to this point.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: SKSW6 on August 24, 2014, 09:49:13 AM
The rationale made sense to bring him in last season. He was known for saving teams from relegation and he'd never been relegated because of it. Now he's just an awful fit for the club and is surely destroying the youth we've worked so hard for to get to this point.

0001.jpeg

Martinsback

Slaphead in Qatar

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Martinsback on August 24, 2014, 11:03:28 AM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 24, 2014, 11:01:02 AM
Quote from: Martinsback on August 24, 2014, 10:40:39 AM
Those two joined the IS too?

Why would they join the IS?

More Brits heading off to the ME...

these 2 are here attempting to be football pundits - not sure what you're talking about.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Reznor on August 24, 2014, 08:53:39 AM
Quote from: the nutflush on August 24, 2014, 05:32:49 AM

Yep, the sacking of RM was ludicrous. He blended in some younger players and we played well v Man Utd and Liverpool. Things were looking up in my book then we go and sack him and bring in this tool! Laughable if it were not so sad.

Yes on Rene.  Swapping Rene for Magath was a desperate move... Rene should have been our last throw of the dice at survival.

However, I would not take the judgement of Keys and Gray so seriously.  It is easy to judge on hindsight.  AliMac could not have predicted this start to the season and Tigana did ok for us (all be it with a lot of cash and a team a lot better than any other in the league).

God The Mechanic

Quote from: RaySmith on August 24, 2014, 09:32:59 AM
I think lack of experience of English football is more a factor for a club like Fulham, rather than one of the top clubs - where you have the top players in your squad.

And I think it's even more of a factor in the Championship than the Prem, and I think Felix  and The Fulham management underestimated the quality of the teams we would  be facing.

Pochettino did alright after joining Southampton, Tigana did well for us, Martinez for Wigan, Laudrup at Swansea, di Matteo and Pepe Mel at West Brom.

How many teams have been relegated with British managers?

cheerupjimmyhill

Correct me if I am wrong but I can't remember tigana spending much money atall in the promotion year apart from goma at the end of the season who was indeed a very classy defender.

Saha was 2.5mill I think and boa, John Collins were free but I maybe wrong.

Baszab

One may not like on pundits' on-screen persona, but anyone who has been in the game professionally (in any sense) knows a million times more about football than the average pundit - and that is a FACT

Hence when all the old pros from last year slagged off FM, they knew what they were talking about even if they themsleves were past it and should have rung alarm bells

Martinsback

alfie

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 24, 2014, 05:09:53 AM
They are the pundits here on middle east tv now. Basically they said fulham were crazy to appoint a manager who knows almost nothing about pl and even less about the lower divisions.

Plain for all to see except those running our club.

Yea Chelsea should have seen that when the appointed Jose, after all he had no Premier league experience, funny also Wenger had no experience of the English game when he was appointed, and good old Red nose never managed in England until he joined Utd, failures all of them.

I have no idea if FM will do what we want, who knows.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't