Main Menu

It pains me to say it but we must lose to Brentford

Started by MrProphet, August 25, 2014, 09:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Quote from: Holders on August 25, 2014, 11:54:22 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on August 25, 2014, 11:51:42 AM
Quote from: Holders on August 25, 2014, 11:49:28 AM
I would never want my team to lose whatever the circumstances. Losing breeds losing.

And winning kept Jol and look where that got us

But I wouldn't have wanted us to lose just to get rid of Jol. It was clear enough that his performaces were poor enough anyway.

That win saved his bacon though  and got us 12th instead of 17th, it kept him at Fulham for another 6 months of abject football and piss poor management.This has led to where we are today , if he had gone at the end of the season you would like to think the club would have had time close season to find a good manager instead of the panic sacking and the panic hiring we have been though

MrProphet

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 25, 2014, 11:59:53 AM
Quote from: MrProphet on August 25, 2014, 11:53:12 AM
Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on August 25, 2014, 11:40:47 AM
I can't associate with "fans" who want our (now closest rivals) to win. This is a truely dispicable thread and one the mods should remove. I'd prefer Malky MacKay to come on and write a short thought process.

You really are missing the point it doesn't matter who we're playing it's about the long term future of the club. You would take a win tomorrow night and then a probable loss on Saturday with no time left to change anything?

I'd say that's very short sighted

I'd say that you're the one who's short sighted.  :kettle pot:
There are other wats to 'try' and get the Manager sacked, rather than hoping your team losses!

It's also short sighted to want a manager who's only been here a short while, and is working on a project, to be sacked after 4 games!

Please don't start with the 'he got us relegated' because we all know that was due to many aspects and already done to death on here.

Everyone is getting to worked up over who it is I started the thread because of the reports he has one game to save his job. If we where playing bury away then it would be different for some. Yes it's a cup game but against someone in our league so another indication of how we are performing. We win go through probably draw a big team and get knocked out then we get beat again on Saturday by Cardiff and it's to late to change anything and we are stuck with him till Christmas.

It's not just 4 games is it, you are absolutely rite he didn't get is relegated but what have you seen to think he won't just make the situation 100 times worse? He ll end up staying to Christmas we ll be mid table at best going no where and all the promising youngsters get snapped up at the end of the year.

Pluto

This is a difficult one as while I would never want Fulham to lose per se, certain events could mean that losing is the best option of the club. It it was 100% guarenteed that losing would mean Magath sacked then I think for our long term future it would be for the best, unless we can somehow miraculously turn it around and thrash the bees by 4 or 5 goals. Personally I don't think that's going to happen. The worst thing would be if we do lose and Magath still isn't sacked, or if we look awful all game, they get some one sent off and we fluke a 1-0 win with our only shot on target.

Really difficult situation which, to be honest, we shouldn't have been put in had we had a competent chairman and CEO at the helm who can see what we all do.

dannyboi-ffc

I can't associate with "fans" who want our (now closest rivals) to win. This is a truely dispicable thread and one the mods should remove. I'd prefer Malky MacKay to come on and write a short thought process.

You really are missing the point it doesn't matter who we're playing it's about the long term future of the club. You would take a win tomorrow night and then a probable loss on Saturday with no time left to change anything?

There are other ways to 'try' and get the Manager sacked, rather than hoping your team losses!

It's also short sighted to want a manager who's only been here a short while, and is working on a project, to be sacked after 4 games!

Please don't start with the 'he got us relegated' because we all know that was due to many aspects and already done to death on here.

If the players gave any indication they were playing for him or just 1 ex player of felix had a good word to say about him. Any of his ex clubs like wise or if the performances showed any promise then I would agree with you. No it wasnt his fault we went down but he was brought in with a non relegation reputation and his sole purpose initially was a desperate move to keep us up. Theres no shame that he failed but he shouldnt of remained in the job. Keeping us up and getting us promoted from a league with a reputation for being a very hard one to get promoted are two completely different tasks. He has proved in just 4 games that he has no idea about any opposition we have faced and he just wasnt the right man for fulham.

Rather than being short sighted, its more a case of not wanting a jol all over again. If the manager was right for fulham then I believe most fans would of stuck by him but I dont think many of us were felix fans from the start. The way he treats the players is terrible and I just dont think he knows the fulham way. We need a younger hodgson, not an older di canio
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

epsomraver

Not the chairman's fault , he puts up the money, the constant in all is is Mackintosh, he has overseen some terrible decisions both in players choices and managers. Any CEO who had made so many costly errors in any other business would be gone by now  and he would have if our chairman was a football man like Dave Wheelen

epsomraver

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 25, 2014, 12:09:33 PM

There are other ways to 'try' and get the Manager sacked, rather than hoping your team losses!

If the players gave any indication they were playing for him or just 1 ex player of felix had a good word to say about him. Any of his ex clubs like wise or if the performances showed any promise then I would agree with you. No it wasnt his fault we went down but he was brought in with a non relegation reputation and his sole purpose initially was a desperate move to keep us up. Theres no shame that he failed but he shouldnt of remained in the job. Keeping us up and getting us promoted from a league with a reputation for being a very hard one to get promoted are two completely different tasks. He has proved in just 4 games that he has no idea about any opposition we have faced and he just wasnt the right man for fulham.

Rather than being short sighted, its more a case of not wanting a jol all over again. If the manager was right for fulham then I believe most fans would of stuck by him but I dont think many of us were felix fans from the start. The way he treats the players is terrible and I just dont think he knows the fulham way. We need a younger hodgson, not an older di canio
0001.jpeg

Holders

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 25, 2014, 12:00:50 PM
I can see why the ones repelling this thread feel the way they do. It doesnt sound good saying I hope we lose but I think rather than dividing the fans into 'so called fans' and 'real fans' is a bit strong.

It doesnt always make you a better supporter to blindly stick with a manager just for the sake of it  So rather than telling the likes of myself who is fulham through and through, a family 66 years worth in fact of black and white that we are 'so called fans'. Maybe its more a case of some of us have 'learnt from the mistakes with jol' and some have 'already forgotten'.

Im sure these same fans thought they were proved right when we stuck by jol after the palace game, all for it to drag on and on and on demoralising the whole club. 'Losing breeds losing' one of you said, bar two wins against stoke and palace thats what happened to jol.

I dont fancy having a mere 6 points come december and as performances have gone backwards too I dont see an argument against predicting 6points by november/december time.

I don't disagree with that. I just think by now the evidence is clear enough for action to be taken without deliberately losing as has been suggested - though perhaps not by you. We have a week left to avoid giving a new manager no window at all to work with. Again.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

BestOfBrede

I understand people getting jittery after 4 losses on the bounce but we have looked ridiculous sacking Managers left, right and centre with no improvement. We have to have stability and patience. What will people be posting if a new Manager comes in and looses? 'New bloke out - we should have stuck with Felix - get Pullis in? And so round we go again!
Cant we use our emotions to get behind the team for now and if this situation still exists I may even join you
NB not in booing the team though! (And I'm not suggesting that you do/ have done so.)

fulhams_finest

Short term pain for long term gain - were not gonna win the cup anyway and need to concentrate on staying up

Cravenawin

Quote from: alfie on August 25, 2014, 11:35:25 AM
One of the biggest moans I see on this site was the constant changing of the team, well against Derby he made 1 change from the previous game and that was the change everyone seemed to want. I was reading the matchday thread and the comments were that this was a good line up, quite happy with the team, etc etc, but we get thrashed, but of course we lost and all of a sudden it was not a good line up etc etc.  We have played 4 games 2 of them good games and 2 of them poor, so lets get yet another manager in and if he does not have immediate" success then we can go for another one, so on and so forth. The call is for players with Championship quality/experience, Reading have that and they got smacked by Forest yesterday.

The thing is Magath kept the same team apart from Fotheringham that put in its worst performance from the three games so far. Where's the logic in that? We played well second half against Millwall and deserved something from the game. That team should have taken the field v Wolves, not five more changes. Then to put the Wolves line up out v Derby was baffling to say the least. The mans a fruitcake and has to go.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 25, 2014, 12:19:05 PM

I'd say that you're the one who's short sighted.  :kettle pot:

I understand people getting jittery after 4 losses on the bounce but we have looked ridiculous sacking Managers left, right and centre with no improvement. We have to have stability and patience. What will people be posting if a new Manager comes in and looses? 'New bloke out - we should have stuck with Felix - get Pullis in? And so round we go again!
Cant we use our emotions to get behind the team for now and if this situation still exists I may even join you
NB not in booing the team though! (And I'm not suggesting that you do/ have done so.)

But the amount of managers used recently isnt the issue, the issue is the fact that none of them have been the right ones. None of us want to keep changing every time we have a bad spell but this isnt just a bad spell. Its the disruption he has caused and the hatred the players ex and current have towards him. These youngsters all at once is a once in a lifetime opportunity and we cant afford to get it wrong. The players will all leave especially the good ones and we will never get his chance again.  If we dont act fast the long term effect will be massive and I think its a bigger gamble persevering rather than changing

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

RaySmith

Get behind the team at Brentford - the confidence gained by the win can only be good for the players, and for our season, whatever you think of the manager.

It's simply incomprehensible to me how  anyone supporter can state that it would be better if Fulham lost a game, which obviously implies not supporting the team during that game, in fact supporting the opposition.....maybe I'm old fashioned, with a  completely different mindset to the modern fan.

Holders

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 25, 2014, 12:56:39 PM

But the amount of managers used recently isnt the issue, the issue is the fact that none of them have been the right ones. None of us want to keep changing every time we have a bad spell but this isnt just a bad spell. Its the disruption he has caused and the hatred the players ex and current have towards him. These youngsters all at once is a once in a lifetime opportunity and we cant afford to get it wrong. The players will all leave especially the good ones and we will never get his chance again.  If we dont act fast the long term effect will be massive and I think its a bigger gamble persevering rather than changing

Totally agree with your last post DB.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Putney

What makes you think that the management will care about a cup competition that's only serving as a distraction to the league?

Before someone jumps in, that's not my opinion of it (far from it) but I doubt it'll be the final nail in his coffin.

alfie

The thing is who is the right one, after all Mr Van Whatshisname at Manure was considered to be the best, David Moyes was considered to be the right man for the job, you just don't know, we can all rattle off several possible names and they can fail big time, basically you pick a manager and hope, and end up changing after 3/4 months, that's stability for you.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: alfie on August 25, 2014, 01:30:05 PM

The thing is who is the right one, after all Mr Van Whatshisname at Manure was considered to be the best, David Moyes was considered to be the right man for the job, you just don't know, we can all rattle off several possible names and they can fail big time, basically you pick a manager and hope, and end up changing after 3/4 months, that's stability for you.

Theres no need for sarcasm using the word 'stability' in the manner you did. Were not stupid, we know what stability is, but we also know when an unstable situation cannot be rectified by stablility if that makes sense.   49 players in less than 30 games is scary, not all magaths fault but around 20 of those played in the last 4 games. Where are the experienced championship players to guide these kids through? There isnt any because magath either doesnt know who they are or they wasnt keen on playing for him.

We would be much better off with a manager who knows the opposition,knows the right players to bring in to balance out the team and a figure head who can bond the team with the fans. I dont think ive felt so distant from a manager before in my life, he just doesnt belong here and that doesnt even seem to bother him. You dont get called a dictator for no reason, theres a lot going on that we arent being told about. I reckon the players hate him

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

K33NY

If Felix has got one match to prove himself, I agree, we must lose tomorrow, so we can get rid of him before window closes.... If its true what Khan says, that he has confidence in Felix... then he is either a stupid person or can see something noone else can, so then we need to win tomorrow to start boosting our team morale and get going before its to late.

Gary

if we somehow get promoted it would be one hell of a comeback!

Andy S

I believe we should go for a win and a good win. All this about throwing the game so as to get rid of Felix is a load of rubbish If we win and carry on winning I will be delighted

HatterDon

Quote from: MrProphet on August 25, 2014, 09:40:52 AM
If the reports of having one game to save his job then we must lose to Brentford or be stuck with him till Christmas. A new manager needs a few days in the window to bring in some of his own players.

Now that hurt to say  093.gif

I've been wondering which person would publicly state that they want Fulham to lose a match in order for Magath to be fired. I just don't understand how a supporter would ever want his team to lose, but I've seen it stated over and over on this site over the years.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel