watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fans Need To Take Some Of The Blame

Started by bornandbred in fulham, August 24, 2014, 03:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the nutflush

Worst thread I've ever seen on this site.  What was that dribble about the area being yuppified and North End Road left to rot?  You just contradicted yourself in the same sentence. 

Scrumpy

Pathetic first post. Don't bother with number 2.

I wear my colours more than ever now, because people will look and think 'fair play, there goes a LOYAL fan of a team having a rough time of it.' We're definitely well thought of by other fans and I get loads of supportive comments.

I have spent many a quiet moment thinking about the gentrification of SW6. In balance, I would rather it was a bit posh and desirable than ending up like the area around Upton Park or Tottenham or Villa Park. The place does at least have quite a few local fans (even if they are a bit posh) whereas if it was still working class it would not be white, British working class (full of ardent football fans) it would be ethnic minority working class who generally have even less allegiance to their local football team than the present incumbents (and why should they?).

I believe that Khan is a good man who has sadly taken poor advice up until now. But even if he was Clay incarnate, the chances of getting a residential development on Craven Cottage are slimmer than Felix playing Ruiz.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Forever Fulham

I, for one, love to hear other supporters talk about their pride in supporting Fulham.  It picks me up.  Thank you. What kind of fan only sticks around when things are going great?

jags24

I'll still be wearing my Fulham scarf this winter.

'Nuff said.

K33NY

I think the guy is a troll.. he onlye has one forum post so this was hes first one

jags24

Quote from: K33NY on August 25, 2014, 02:28:26 AM
I think the guy is a troll.. he onlye has one forum post so this was hes first one

Just because he only has one post doesn't mean he's a troll.  I don't agree with him either but you should be more tolerant.

K33NY

Quote from: jags24 on August 25, 2014, 02:31:43 AM

Just because he only has one post doesn't mean he's a troll.  I don't agree with him either but you should be more tolerant.

If I am wrong I will apologise, but non the less I am entitled to my oppinions,

jags24

Quote from: K33NY on August 25, 2014, 02:33:31 AM

So is he.  But do I think it's offensive to talk about Craven Cottage being parcelled up into condominiums?  Yeah, I guess I do.

K33NY

Quote from: jags24 on August 25, 2014, 02:35:29 AM
Quote from: K33NY on August 25, 2014, 02:33:31 AM

So is he.  But do I think it's offensive to talk about Craven Cottage being parcelled up into condominiums?  Yeah, I guess I do.

So why tell me to do something, when you know that I am entitled to have my oppinion and he has it as well? Never mind aint gone pick a fight cus I did express my oppinion, we got more important things to  worry about :)

love4ffc

Wore my colors today with pride while coaching in a U15 boy's tournament.  Had several people stop me to talk about Fulham and their current predicament.  None gave me any grief but rather sympathy for our current situation and our game yesterday.    

I still believe  049:gif
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Logicalman

Quote from: love4ffc on August 25, 2014, 02:49:14 AM
Wore my colors today with pride while coaching in a U15 boy's tournament.  Had several people stop me to talk about Fulham and their current predicament.  None gave me any grief but rather sympathy for our current situation and our game yesterday.    

I still believe  049:gif

As did the rest of us who wore the colors for that whole weekend!!  049:gif   and all the others on this MB who go week-in and week-out wearing their colors with true pride.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: grandad on August 24, 2014, 05:58:32 PM
I certainly do not take any blame. In 60 years of supporting I have been laughed at, ridiculed, derided, abused had coins, bottles & cans thrown at me. Fulham is in my blood & next to my family is the dearest thing in my heart.
Owners, managers & players come & go but true supporters are there for life. We are not pot hunters only interested in the good times. We do not change the team we support every season because another club has won something. Give me a supporter of Leatherhead over any from Man Utd, Man City,Liverpool & the other team in SW6.
:plus one:
Well said Grandad

Mokes

Is the Johnny Haynes stand not a heritage listed building and like the oldest stand in English league football. Highly doubt planning to demolish that would be easy to acquire, even if they could get through the protest. People would be chaining themselves to the pillars!

epsomraver

It is not like any other building! To correct you it is the facade ie the front wall that is protected and for the umpteenth time there would never be any chance of development at CC as the council would insist on part being social housing and the residents would never allow that, it can never be just luxury riverside apartments as our dear mo wanted to build

filham

Oh what a terrible initial post, you have come in with guns blazing giving us a collection of your worst thoughts, few of which can be substantiated.

We are all at the lowest point we have been for 20 years and can do without this approach, instead try to look at the small elements of good things and see how these can be developed to our benefit.

We have the best crop of home grown young talent available to us in years, good management should be able to use this to our advantage, lets concentrate on that for a while, it is more relevant than the number of yuppies living in Fulham.

I will always stand up and let it be known that I am a Fulham fan, at the moment is generates a few laughs and some sympathy but I have lived through all of that before .