watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Doncaster at home in cup

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, August 27, 2014, 10:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artful Dodger

We played them a couple of times when we were in division 4 in the mid 90's including a really dull 0-0 draw on a Tuesday night which I dragged my ex to as it was my birthday! The following year we won 2-0 just after Mickey Adams took over...midweek again and there were about 50 Fulham fans there!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 28, 2014, 12:57:43 AM
We played Doncaster Rovers in League Two back in the late Nineties, just before they dropped out of the League.

I was right then, they were in the conference when we were on the rise up to the top. Cant remember playing them as I was so young. Looking forward to it,  good draw for us!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Jambo on August 27, 2014, 11:48:56 PM
Before all ST holders think the game is included in their package.  It is only included if purchased before 9th May

April 21st for me.
Result!

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Artful Dodger on August 28, 2014, 07:11:48 AM
We played them a couple of times when we were in division 4 in the mid 90's including a really dull 0-0 draw on a Tuesday night which I dragged my ex to as it was my birthday! The following year we won 2-0 just after Mickey Adams took over...midweek again and there were about 50 Fulham fans there!

I was there that night, thought there was more tnan 50 of us. Also played them in the league cup in 83/84, the floodlights failed and I remember getting home late and feeling knackered going to school in the morning

SKSW6

They've won both of their away league games so far this season, and away at Watford, so it won't be a walkover.

FFCAli

Quote from: Putney on August 27, 2014, 10:51:18 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 27, 2014, 10:47:23 PM
Quote from: Putney on August 27, 2014, 10:39:38 PM
Yep, glad we have a home game for 1) the ticket deal and 2) won't have to take time off work to watch it.

Have we ever played Donny?

Not in my life time I dont think. On our rise up the leagues they were in the conference if I remember correctly so I doubt it. Not to my knowledge anyway

Statto.com reckons we have

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/fulham/head-to-head

I've watched us at Doncaster  -  probably early '70s.  Good draw for us as long as we take it seriously.

Aaron

We played them fairly frequently in the lower divisions during the 80's and 90's the last time being during our promotion season from Division 3.

Edit: For what it's worth we beat them 3-1 at home that year :)

Southdowns White

Have been there a couple of times, the ground was either beside the race course or you passed the race course on the bus back to the station. I think you had to walk through a shopping center to get to the station where me and two mates had to run the gauntlet of the Donny 1980's massive. can't remember anything about the games but i am sure we drew one and lost the other.

bog

I recall winning 6-1 at their place, Belle Vue, in 1958 when Jimmy Hill scored 5 if that helps. The comedian Charlie Williams played centre half that day for them.

092.gif 

FFCAli

Chels** also at home so one of us will be on the Wednesday, probably them as they're playing the previous Sunday.  I wonder when we'll be told.