A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Putney 'Neutral' End - a Poll...

Started by LBNo11, June 23, 2010, 12:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we keep the 'Neutral' status of the Putney End?

YES
6 (25%)
NO
18 (75%)
DON'T CARE (either way)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 21

LBNo11

...further to Shady1's statement regarding the members card and it's apparent worthlessness, he commented about what has the Neutral End achieved.

So, Should we keep the 'Neutral' status of the Putney End?

1) YES.  It attracts many neutral observers who may in time become regular attenders and even fans of Fulham.

2) NO. Why not keep a section of the Putney End available to away fans, proportional to their regular away attendances; but for the rest of that stand, give the Members Card holders first 'dibs' at available seats.

That way Fulham fans who are members, that for whatever reason cannot afford a season ticket, or cannot attend regularly will attend more often as there will be seats available for them, and create a better atmosphere and give Fulham the edge in vocal support.

3) DON'T CARE (either way). You must be a neutral fan!

Please comment on any pros and cons either way...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

WhiteJC

seeing the Putney End full of Fulham fans for the Europa games was fantastic and 'helped' with the support noise

FatFreddysCat

How about an unsure section? I'd love it to be full of fulham supporters, but i'd hate it to look like Boro when they was in the Prem with loads of empty seats.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Having it is the only reason we can sell tickets on a matchday
It allows friends & family to sit together even if they support different teams
It provides an area for away fans who have travellled without tickets to sit where home fans can expect them to be
It shows that Fulham are a friendly club and raises us up above the average club

alfie

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on June 23, 2010, 05:38:39 PM
It provides an area for away fans who have travellled without tickets to sit where home fans can expect them to be
It shows that Fulham are a friendly club and raises us up above the average club

Sorry EWM It annoys me so much that the away team have their allocation and that should be it, i am fed up with seeing the whole of the putney virtually full of away fans. As far as i am aware we are the only club that do this, it is wrong.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: alfie on June 23, 2010, 06:20:32 PM
Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on June 23, 2010, 05:38:39 PM

Sorry EWM It annoys me so much that the away team have their allocation and that should be it, i am fed up with seeing the whole of the putney virtually full of away fans. As far as i am aware we are the only club that do this, it is wrong.

When the Putney end is full of away fans it is because thousands of them have been allocated tickets there, not because thousands of them have turned up on the day without tickets...
Does your logic apply to home areas as well?  If so, you as a Fulham supporter would not be able to buy tickets for home areas on a matchday.

Get used to it, whilst we can't sell out to home supporters, it is in the clubs interest to have this facility.  Or would you rather empty seats and falling revenue?