https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Attention to Khan, season ticket refunds, transfer disappointment...merged

Started by crazycottager, September 01, 2014, 08:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

GIUSEPPE MURO
Published: 14 May 2014 Updated: 12:40, 14 May 2014
Fulham owner Shahid Khan has indicated he will spend big this summer to get the club back in the Premier League.

Khan insists he is not concerned about "balancing the books" and looks willing to invest heavily.

The American billionaire also said he expects a "ground-up restoration" of the club following relegation but is confident they will bounce straight back. Khan has held talks with manager Felix Magath and is ready to release funds needed to overhaul the squad for a promotion push.

"This is not about balancing the books," said Khan, speaking in Jacksonville, Florida today. "I am committed and we are going to do whatever to get them back to the Premier League. It [relegation] is not what we wanted, but it is reality. What we have to do is build it for the long haul.

"We are going to do whatever it takes to put the best team on the field. I have talked to Felix and what we want to do is what is in the best interest of the team."

Fulham will have to comply with the Football League's new Financial Fair Play rules and will be permitted a loss of £8million  next season. Were they to break the rules they would face a fine if they were promoted or a transfer embargo if they  stayed in the Championship.

The new rules were designed to try and stop clubs gambling unsustainably on getting into the Premier League.

Fulham will receive parachute payments of around £60m over four years to help absorb the huge losses in revenue that accompany relegation. Khan says every sponsor that had an option of re-signing for next season has done so.

"The club have great assets and great fan support," said Khan, who bought Fulham last summer. "Now we have got to get the football side right, where you build it from the ground up and it is something that lasts a long time."

Khan used his programme notes for Sunday's game against Crystal Palace to blast the "simply unacceptable" attitude of some players this season. A number of high-earners are expected to leave and there is likely to be a high turnover of players this summer. Magath will remain in charge at Craven Cottage despite relegation.

Magath wants to follow the example of Southampton, who used relegation to bring through a crop of talented youngsters into the senior side.

We have approximately 40 minutes to know if this is so much bovine excreta just to encourage season ticket sales - as this was reported in May this year...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

blingo

We're about to find out Ed, but do you really think we will spend millions and millions? Personally, I think we might bring in one or two more but that will be about it.

SouthWest6

Quote from: blingo on September 01, 2014, 10:21:01 PM
What a ridiculous statement.

Ridiculous statement? Aren't you the guy who told everyone on here that Magath was building a team that would take us back to the Premiership at the first time of asking  064.gif

Pluto

Khan out. Blatantly lied to the fans to con us out of our money.

jelmo

Nothing ridiculous about that statement. Tell me what is ridiculous about it.

blingo

And he will. Talk at the end of the season, not 5 games into it with 41 to play.

jelmo

Quote from: blingo on September 01, 2014, 10:28:37 PM
And he will. Talk at the end of the season, not 5 games into it with 41 to play.
Do you work for the club by any chance? In the PR department?

Jamie88

Seriously???

K33NY

so you expect to spend money in January transfer window to help us promote??? weeeelllll last january proved to be the best way to turn things around didnt it?? There arent many quality players available in Januray, but but now, summer window, if you want a performing player in January expec tto pay 13 million for him! Hey Kostas! Where di our goals go? Oh yeah you brought them back to Greece!! What great buisiness Khan made on him? Fantastic investements right there.

blingo

TrexFFC

threedhomer

This is so pathetic.  Feel free to offer him up a number for the club that he can't refuse.  He owns the club.  End of.  Whining about him is a waste of your time.

blingo

SouthWest6

Quote from: Jamie88 on September 01, 2014, 10:30:44 PM

Seriously???

Not on your nelly. We've got 1pt in 15, and it will possibly be 1pt in 18 after Reading, in which Magath will lose his job. 

Jamie88

Well, I admire your positivity blingo I wish I felt that way!

blingo

jelmo

Its pretty clear something is wrong with the ownership of this club.

As fans, I think we have a right to voice our disapproval. Blind faith just seems bizarre at this point after all thats happened

blingo

what is bizzare is to believe that your opinion will change anything at FFC. Khan is going nowhere and neither is FM. It would IMHO be far better if we all try to get behind the team and understand the work in progress. Last Sat was a vast improvement on any game we have played this season and a couple of wins will give the team the confidence it needs to believe and push forwards. We have to unite.

H4usuallysitting