watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

SNIFF SNIFF - Do I detect a rodent ?

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, September 03, 2014, 04:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

This post has been modified as, in hindsight the original was rightly removed by the mods for being too inflammatory.

Assuming the story is true, It would be nice to know who this goalkeeper is/was, and which club he was from
(although we'd know the club from who the goalkeepeer is  :0)

Speculation and I'm not sure where this came from, is that Stoke wanted 12 million for Butland
(nearly 4 times what they paid Birmingham 18 months ago)
He was no doubt over-pricing him because they didn't want to sell, coupled with them knowing that Khan has dosh.
I think it would have made him the 4th highest priced goalkeeper ever.
It would certainly have made him the most expensive goalie to sign for a team 2nd from bottom in the Championship  !

By not being held to ransom, obviously the club did the right thing, for this reason I don't think it would harm
relationship between the fans and the club any more, by saying who it is.
"Rumours fester conspiracy, the truth removes the festering"  (Penycatus 2014 Chapter 1 Verse 1))

This does however highllight other issues.
(The wording may not be exact but the content certainly seems to be except for translation)

1/. Khan said "Money is no object"

2/. Removed as unsubstantiated

3/, Ali Mac says "He doesn't know what's going on"  If so, who makes offers and bids/sales of players ?
4/. Felix deals directly with Khan
5/. If Felix deals directly with Khan and says "I would like to buy XXX"  or "I don't want to keep ZZZ"
I assume someone must tell McIntosh to begin proceedings within a specified monetary budget, which also has to be included
in the overalls budgets and accounts for the club (including profits on steak and kidney pies jumble sales)
7/. Felix "I changed my mind on a goalkeeping strategy and went for option 2"  
"An old keeper at the end of his career - who will play if fit and good enough"
To me it looks like 2 goalies and 2 goalie coaches.
If this is the case why not make Andre Lenz the 3rd keeper ?
He's only a year or two older than Kiraly and played for Wolfsburg and 1860 Munich (Munchen) although admitted he
did retire 8/9 years ago, he must be super fit and experienced.

It's like a merry-go-round with someone on the ride telling porkies or premeditatedly being economical with the truth.

For now I remain a Khan fan, subtract 1 from 3 and who does that leave (in my mind)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Arthur

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on September 03, 2014, 04:26:34 PM
2/. Felix said "The club wouldn't give him any money for a 'more expensive goalie"

Did he say that?

The headline tells us that this is what he said, but nowhere in the article itself is there a direct quote that I can see in which Felix says this.

zander

I'm thoroughly confused by everything the club is doing at present especially the transfers. There seems to be no real strategy or derisiveness and it appears that there is little structure as to who is actually in charge of it all.

Wherever he's been previously Felix has always insisted on full control over transfers so I'd imagine he is at least close to that here. If so then he has decided on all the incomings and it is his choice to leave out players like Ruiz and Mitro. It's still early days and several of the new lads look good but our transfer window has Felix written all over it. Its clear he had no real knowledge of the championship so its not to surprising that we have signed near to no one with experience at this level. Most of our signings have come from Europe which is clearly a region he knows a lot better and include some players he's worked with or coached against before.     

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=42243.0

This is a link to the thread.

The poster was someone who continuously seems to know his onions, and doen't seem to
spout nonsense.
I have removed this 'quote' from my thread as it appears to be unsubstantiated.

However I did put in my post

Rumours fester.
Speculation

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: zander on September 03, 2014, 04:42:26 PM
I'm thoroughly confused by everything the club is doing at present especially the transfers. There seems to be no real strategy or derisiveness and it appears that there is little structure as to who is actually in charge of it all.

Wherever he's been previously Felix has always insisted on full control over transfers so I'd imagine he is at least close to that here. If so then he has decided on all the incomings and it is his choice to leave out players like Ruiz and Mitro. It's still early days and several of the new lads look good but our transfer window has Felix written all over it. Its clear he had no real knowledge of the championship so its not to surprising that we have signed near to no one with experience at this level. Most of our signings have come from Europe which is clearly a region he knows a lot better and include some players he's worked with or coached against before.     

I would have thought that was one of the reasons Peter Grant was brought in.

filham

Confusion reigns and we all catch a right royal cold.

Logicalman

Quote from: Arthur on September 03, 2014, 04:40:32 PM
Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on September 03, 2014, 04:26:34 PM
2/. Felix said "The club wouldn't give him any money for a 'more expensive goalie"

Did he say that?

The headline tells us that this is what he said, but nowhere in the article itself is there a direct quote that I can see in which Felix says this.

Arthur, here is the press link http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-boss-admits-club-refused-7707322 and a direct quote was ..

"Kiraly can wear what he likes," said Magath. "Keepers wear different clothes, and the idea at the beginning was to get a very good keeper. They (the club) told me it would cost a lot of money.
"So, I changed my mind because we are in transition. I searched for an old keeper whose career is at the end, and he should teach young keepers and help them develop.
"But if Kiraly's good enough, there's no reason why he shouldn't play. So now we have competition for three keepers and the best one will play."

You are quite correct that at no time did Felix explicit state the club would not stump up the dosh, though the impression given is that Felix changed his mind based on the club telling him it would cost a lot of money. I guess it really comes down to take that as one wishes to.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

RaySmith

Other clubs have also been unable to sign players because of the money.

The reason that Fulham got into the Prem in the first place ws because of MAF's money - and the lack of said money continuing at the same level was the reason we unwillingly vacated the Prem, some say.

Felix doesn't hold the purse strings, and it seems entirely reasonable that he couldn't sign a keeper he wanted because of money. Thus, Kiraly sems a good acquisition - a bargain, as have been most of signings - acquired through knowledge and contacts in the European game.

You can always smell a bad smell if you sniff hard enough.

Fulham 442

As you say Fulham got into the Prem with MAF's money when he was investing heavily.  We came up from the Championship so easily because we had a Premiership side and there we stayed for 13 years.  After Mark Hughes left we rapidly started going downhill, MAF lost interest, stopped investing and the team stagnated before finally succumbing, sadly quite rightly to the drop, last season.  Now we have no idea where we are going, we have a manager who is clueless, as is our chairman and I seriously fear for our future