more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (06/09/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, September 05, 2014, 07:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Former Fulham and Rangers defender Carlos Bocanegra announces retirement

Chivas USA defender and ex-US national captain Carlos Bocanegra has announced his plans to retire at the end of the 2014 season.

Former US national team captain Carlos Bocanegra has announced that he is set to retire at the end of this season.

Bocanegra, 35, began his professional career with the Chicago Fire, after being drafted fourth overall in the 2000 MLS SuperDraft out of UCLA, before going on to establish himself as one of the top defenders in the league over the next four seasons.

His impressive form eventually earned him a move to Fulham in January 2004, where he would make 116 appearances in five Premier League seasons, teaming up with fellow US regulars Brian McBride and Clint Dempsey in a team which was dubbed "Fulhamerica" among stateside fans.

He would later spend time with both Rennes and Saint-Etienne in France from 2008 to 2011, before joining Scottish giants Rangers, with the ambition of experiencing Champions League football for the first team.

The club's liquidation the following summer, however, saw him move on loan to Spanish second division side Racing Santander for the 2012-13 campaign, before opting to return to MLS after almost a decade in Europe to see out his career.

Joining Chivas USA in June 2013, the California-native became a valuable leader for the LA-based outfit, but had been batting concussion symptoms since mid-July, and hadn't appeared in the club's past seven fixtures.

'I'm still hungry for the game and I want to play, but unfortunately you can't play forever. I was thinking about this in the offseason, and it took me about six months to come to a final decision,' he said. 'The timing is right for me. I've known for a little while now in my mind and in my heart. I'm happy with it, and I'm looking forward to the new challenges.'

Having made his international debut in 2001 under Bruce Arena, Bocanegra would go on to feature at both the 2006 and 2010 World Cups, captaining the side for the latter, with his 110 caps tied for seventh all-time for the US.

His last appearance coming in November 2012 in a 2-2 draw with Russia, the centre-back-cum-left-back is the fourth member of the South Africa 2010 squad to announce his retirement over the past six months, following Steve Cherundolo, Jay DeMerit and Landon Donovan.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/09/05/former-fulham-and-rangers-defender-carlos-bocanegra-announces-re/?

WhiteJC

Leeds United: Smith's move from Elland Road came as no real surprise – Ritchie

Matt Smith's development in the past few years has been pretty meteoric. Into the Football League, onto Leeds United, given a new contract and then off to Fulham.

That's enough to make you think that Smith's got a lot of potential – or at least to think that plenty of people rate him – but it wasn't a surprise to see him go from Leeds on Monday.

It was more of a surprise to see him signing a new contract with the club last month. To be honest, with the way the squad was shaping up, I assumed at that stage that Smith would be moving on.

He wasn't getting much game-time and the club had loads of other strikers. They seemed to be targeting players with more pace and mobility, and mobility isn't really Smith's strong point. In hindsight, maybe that new deal was just a way of earning Leeds a few dollars more.

I like Smith and I thought he did extremely well last season. In terms of his all-round game I'd say the jury's still out and you might ask if Fulham paid over the odds by offering £800,000 for him. But then again, isn't everyone paying over the odds for just about every player they buy? That's the era we're in.

Leeds did plenty of business in the transfer market and 15 signings is some tally. I might be a bit old-school but I'm never a fan of making so many changes in one summer and I'm not too certain how the deals they've done will work out. It really is like starting from scratch, especially with a new head coach arriving soon.

One of the reasons why I felt sorry for David Hockaday was because he had nowhere near enough time to get to grips with the players coming in. With the greatest of respect – and I really don't mean this as a criticism of Massimo Cellino – Hockaday can't have known much about the lads who moved here from Italy. In my spells as a manager I had plenty of control over transfers so by the time deals were done, the players we brought in were very familiar. We'd scouted them and analysed them. Everyone needs a chance to settle into a new club but I was quite happy signing someone on Friday and playing them on Saturday.

Getting to know players you've got no knowledge of is really difficult. If they train well then you might find that two or three sessions give you a decent understanding of what their strengths are and what their best position is. But some players show less in training and only come to life in matches. You need practice games to get them up to speed and even in those, you never play at full tilt. It can take weeks to get to grips with a newly-built squad.

No matter who replaces Hockaday as head coach, it's hard to imagine that they'll know every Leeds player inside out. It's a cliché to say things can't turn around overnight but in this instance it's true. You've got a lot to work on at Leeds.

For starters, the coach needs to build up a relationship with the players. I'd usually work lads out by watching them play but sometimes the best way to be clear on where to play them or how to use them was by speaking to them and asking how they saw things. That's easy enough when you're an English coach with a bunch of English footballers but it's not so easy when your dressing room is full of different nationalities.

Whoever comes in is going to have to lean pretty heavily on Neil Redfearn – assuming of course that Neil isn't given the job himself. Redders is an old mate of mine and I was made up for him after the win over Bolton. It was a bit nervy towards the end but for him to be thrown the reins at late notice and then pull three points out of the bag was really impressive.

It's a funny thing to say but as it happens, Neil now knows more about this group of players than just about anyone else – perhaps with the exception of Cellino himself. He'll be a valuable asset for a new head coach because he's had a competitive game in charge, he's taken training this week and he's actually had a chance to examine the squad.

He'll need to be honest when the time comes. It's tempting to be noncommittal when a new broom comes in and pretend that everyone can do a job but it'll help Hockaday's replacement if Neil can single out the players he fancies and the players he doesn't.

The club have had a tough start to the season and to come out of last month with six points wasn't the worst result by any stretch. But for all the changes they still really need to get some quick momentum, just to make sure that the first half of the season doesn't leave the club in trouble. Every new coach needs time but I know from experience that time flies – especially when the pressure's on.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-smith-s-move-from-elland-road-came-as-no-real-surprise-ritchie-1-6823381

WhiteJC

Fulham manager Felix Magath raves about USA international Emerson Hyndman

Fulham manager Felix Magath is impressed with 18-year-old midfielder Emerson Hyndman.

Emerson Hyndman's debut for the USA national team at the tender age of 18 must have come as a surprise to many, but not to Fulham manager Felix Magath.

The teenager came on as a 67th-minute substitute in the USA's 1-0 victory over the Czech Republic in a friendly international in Prague on Wednesday.

Magath has made the midfielder one of the key players in his team in the Championship after being impressed with his qualities early on.

Hyndmas has played in three of the five league fixtures for the Cottagers this term and boasts of over 90% passing accuracy.

The youngster is a gifted player, and although his displays have not translated into wins for Fulham, Magath is confident that he will play a key role in his team's success this season.

Explaining what makes Hyndman such an impressive player, the former Bayern Munich coach told Fulham's official website: 'He has a wonderful range of passing, short or cross-field.

'He understands tactics, but at 18 years old he has a lot of time to develop and to get experience. I'm sure he will be a good player.

'His role could be similar to the one that Andrea Pirlo plays, responsible for the forward play of the team from deep'.

Magath added: 'I have never seen a player of his age play like he does; he passes like an old professional. He is very responsible with the ball and tries to make things happen'.

Hyndman joined Fulham from FC Dallas in 2011 and has developed impressively. Players at his age often struggle to get playing time for big clubs, but Magath's policy of using youngsters this season has benefitted him.

A player who shows composure and maturity on the football pitch, Hyndman is a good talent, but he still has lots to learn and develop physically. However, given the faith that both Magath and USA coach Jurgen Klinsmann have shown in him so far, it does look that he is on the right track.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/09/04/fulham-manager-felix-magath-raves-about-usa-international-emerso/?

WhiteJC

Plenty To Offer

New signing Gabor Kiraly hopes Fulham benefit from his years of experience following his transfer from 1860 Munich last week.

The 38-year-old goalkeeper was an unused substitute as the Whites secured a first point of the 2014/15 campaign against Cardiff City on Saturday, and he insists his hunger for the game is as strong as ever.

"This is my 22nd professional season and I have played more than 750 games," Kiraly told fulhamfc.com. "I'm always trying to learn and use my experience in the next game and in the future for my team, for myself, and this is important here in Fulham.

"I enjoy what I do and I learned a lot in my career, and I will learn in the future too. I want to use my experience for the Club."

The number one jersey this season has been shared by two Academy graduates, with Jesse Joronen keeping goal in our first four outings, and Marcus Bettinelli taking over for our two most recent matches.

Kiraly spoke of his desire to help the youngsters develop their game, and cites some former Fulham goalkeepers as the benchmark which should be targeted.

"Of course, every team has two, three, four goalkeepers but only one can play," he stated. "But it's the team that is important. We have to work all week for our performance and this, for me, is important. I will give my best.

"Mark Schwarzer, Antti Niemi, Edwin van der Sar were all great goalkeepers here so I know what the quality is.

"At every team it's important that everyone is working together. It doesn't matter who plays – the Club is the most important thing because players come and go, but the Club stays and the supporters stay, and that's why we have to give everything for this Club."

The former Crystal Palace man – who confirmed he will be donning his famous tracksuit bottoms when he plays – returns to London having previously established himself as 1860's first-choice goalkeeper.

He believes his form for the Munich outfit helped the Fulham move come about, and revealed he was advised to make the switch by a couple of popular former Whites.

"I played last year in Germany and I played not so bad," he explained. "I think that's why Fulham called me. I try to give my best and, of course, I'm very happy to be here.

"Moritz Volz was my teammate for the last three years – he's a great guy and speaks very highly of the Club. Zoltan Gera I've known from the national team for a long time – he helped me and told me a lot of good things."

After watching from the bench as his new team secured a first point of the new term against Cardiff, Kiraly has no doubts that the Whites can build on that result and go on to have a successful season.

He said: "I saw a couple of games before I arrived and I've seen that Fulham has great players, great young players, and I think the quality will be good in the future.

"I think Fulham now needs a little bit of luck but we have to work together – this is important and our performances have to do the talking, not the players."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/september/05/plenty-to-offer?

WhiteJC

Winless Fulham to take advantage of international break

Defender reckons lack of Championship action will allow players to re-focus

Believe: Fulham need to use the break from games to recharge their batteries
Few teams have needed the international break more than Fulham.

It has been a disastrous start to the season for the Championship season for the Whites and Felix Magath's men are still on the lookout for the first victory.

Four straight defeats was a dreadful start before Saturday's 1-1 draw at home to Cardiff at least went some way to stopping the rot.

But the wait goes on for those elusive first three points.

Coming in for criticism: Felix Magath
Once Fulham have had chance to recharge their batteries, the quest for that win goes on as they take on Reading and Nottingham Forest in the space of a few days.

Reading have had a slow start to the season but will be looking to push for promotion again this term, while Forest are flying and are top of the league.

It looks a tough ask for Magath's side to triumph in either of those fixtures, however defender Tim Hoogland reckons a weekend off could do the trick. 

"I think it [the international break] will be useful," he said. "These weeks have been hard for everyone and a little break is good for our heads.

"I think we showed everyone that normally we have a great team and we have to be in the top of the league. I think we get our points in the next weeks and we'll be going up a bit."

Hoogland got the second goal of his Fulham career against the Bluebirds after opening his account on the opening day.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/winless-fulham-take-advantage-international-7713437?

WhiteJC

DJ 'Diddy' retires as Fulham FC's compère

David Hamilton with his successor Ivan Berry at Fulham's Craven Cottage. Photo courtesy of www.fulhamfc.com

The man described as 'the voice of Craven Cottage' has retired from his role as matchday compère at Fulham Football Club.

David 'Diddy' Hamilton, the former Radio One DJ and television personality, hung up the microphone at his beloved Fulham last month after 18 years as stadium announcer.

During that time, David, who lives near Billingshurst, said the club enjoyed a 'period of non-stop success', including three promotions and a run to the Europa League final .

David, 75, has been a Fulham supporter since the age of nine and was a director at the club during the 1970s.

He said: "Jimmy Hill was the chairman when somebody left and he asked if I would do it - by the end of the season I was celebrating the first of three promotions.

"It was a period of non-stop success. Mohamed Al Fayed said 'we will get the club into the Premiership in five years' and they did it in four.

"When I was first there we were in the old Third Division and there were weeds growing on the pitch!"

Fulham's 4-1 triumph over Italian giants Juventus in 2010 was a highlight for David.

He said: "There was an atmosphere I didn't think I would ever see at Craven Cottage, there were tears in my eyes because it was so moving."

A close friend of David's, Al Fayed - the eccentric former chairman and previous owner of Harrods Department Store - brought a memorable moment to the club through his friendship with the King of Pop.

David said: "I introduced him as 'the one, the only, Michael Jackson'.

"He came out to polite applause and walked around the pitch underneath a Fulham umbrella.

"The crowd must have thought it was a lookalike - when they realised it was Michael Jackson the polite applause turned into an ovation."

David admitted 'it seems the right time to move on'.

The club have awarded him season tickets for life.

David remains active through radio and internet projects, and has written a book 'A Fulhamish Tale', available from Amazon.

Fulham paid tribute to him in a matchday programme, featuring comments from club legends including George Cohen, a member of England's 1966 World Cup winning side.

He said: "Even though he's slightly older than me we're great friends and we get on really well. I'll miss seeing him on the touchline terribly."

David was described as the 'voice of Craven Cottage' by new chairman Shahid Khan, and was commended by ex-Fulham boss and current England manager Roy Hodgson.

http://www.wscountytimes.co.uk/news/local/dj-diddy-retires-as-fulham-fc-s-compere-1-6281992

WhiteJC

Fulham striker Taggart undergoes surgery

Australian World Cup star set for further spell on sidelines after groin operation

Fulham striker Adam Taggart is set for a further spell on the sidelines as he undergoes groin surgery today.

The Australian World Cup star has yet to feature this season after moving to the Cottagers in the summer.

Taggart has been out with a lower abdominal injury and will now go under the knife in a bid to rectify the problem.

The 21-year-old posted a picture on his Instagram account on Friday lunchtime of him waiting in hospital for the operation

Fulham boss Felix Magath said before the defeat against Derby: "He's improving but he's not training with us. It will last a few more days."

But the operation will now mean that Taggart is set to be out for at least four to six weeks while he recovers and regains fitness.

The youngster penned a three-year deal with the Whites after signing from Newcastle Jets for an undisclosed fee.

Taggart topped the A-League scoring charts with 16 goals last term, and appeared twice in Brazil as the Socceroos failed to make it out of their group.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-striker-taggart-undergoes-surgery-7726302?

WhiteJC

Fulham - Where Are They Now

With international football dominating the arena, news relating to our club is hard to uncover.

Therefore, determined to keep the front page ticking over and give you all something to read, I`ve unearthed the following.

A player who started his career with us and was at Craven Cottage between 1999 and 2007, making in excess of 150 appearances looks set to leave these shores.

Zat Knight who played for Aston Villa and Bolton Wanderers after leaving Fulham Football Club, looks all set to join the MLS revolution by signing for Colarado Rapids.

If the move does come off, we`d like to wish Zat every success at his new destination.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=369679#ixzz3CT9dui35

WhiteJC

Fulham 2-1 Saudi Arabia

Two goals from Matt Smith earned Fulham a 2-1 win over Saudi Arabia in a behind-closed-doors friendly match at Motspur Park on Friday afternoon.

The striker opened the scoring in the 80-minute match with a stooping header, although the sides went in level at the break courtesy of Nassir Al-Shamrani's penalty.

But Fulham controlled the second half and reclaimed their lead when Smith kept his composure after being found in space by substitute Emerson Hyndman.

Our newest recruit thought he'd claimed a hat-trick on his first appearance for the Club when he converted from Chris David's free-kick, but the offside flag meant the goal was disallowed.

Saudi Arabia – who will face Australia at Craven Cottage on Monday – actually created the first opening of the game on nine minutes when Hassan Muath was sent into space only to skew his effort wide of the near post.

The home side responded five minutes later when, after Kay Voser had won a free-kick in a decent position, Ross McCormack bent a decent strike just wide.

The Scotsman had the ball in the net seconds later with a delightful chipped effort, but the flag had already gone up for offside.

He was involved again on 17 minutes when his whipped free-kick from the right found his former Leeds United strike partner, but Smith headed over.

You sensed a goal was coming, though, and it duly arrived two minutes later. McCormack slipped in the overlapping Voser down the right and his pinpoint cross was attacked by the diving head of Smith at the far post for 1-0.

Muath squandered a chance to level on 26 minutes after a neat one-two got him in behind the defence, but Gabor Kiraly smothered well to avert the danger.

The Saudis levelled the fixture on the half-hour mark when Taiseer Aljassam was clipped in the box by Dan Burn. Al-Shamrani sent Kiraly the wrong way with the subsequent penalty kick.

Good possession play between Smith and Burn at the other end on the left flank culminated in them working the ball inward to McCormack a minute before half-time, but his shot just missed the target from 20 yards.

Felix Magath made six changes at the interval and two of the new introductions had an instant impact when Hyndman split the defence to find David in the box. He squared to Smith but Saudi goalkeeper Fawz Al-Qarni read the danger well and smothered at his feet.

David tested Al-Qarni again two minutes later with a wicked free-kick that needed pushing around the post. The subsequent corner was then worked to Hyndman who bent in an effort from 25 yards that drew a sprawling save from Al-Qarni.

On 51 minutes Fulham were back in front. After the visitors failed to clear the ball following another Whites attack, Hyndman spotted Smith in space in the area and the big frontman took a touch before rifling into the back of the net.

Saudi Arabia should have levelled five minutes later when Mukhtar Fallatah rounded Kiraly but saw Shaun Hutchinson deflect his shot behind.

David found Thomas Eisfeld with a clever chipped ball on 63 minutes – the German skipped beyond two incoming challenges but his right-footed shot was well saved.

The Green Falcons then missed two good chances in as many minutes to equalise; firstly when Yasir Alshahrani got his header all wrong from close range, and then when Fallatah was denied by a strong Kiraly save from a tight angle.

Smith thought he'd secured the win and a hat-trick with three minutes remaining when he headed in David's free-kick, only to be denied by the linesman's flag.

It almost proved costly when Alshahrani found himself in space in the area on 79 minutes. Kiraly managed to block his shot but the follow-up fell to Alshehri who would certainly have levelled the score had it not been for a brilliant block by Burn.

Fulham first half (4-2-3-1): Kiraly; Voser, Hutchinson, Burgess, Burn; Parker, Fazlic; Rodallega, Ruiz, McCormack; Smith

Fulham second half (4-4-1-1): Kiraly; Hoogland (Fotheringham 59), Hutchinson, Burn, Voser; Chihi, R Williams, Hyndman, Eisfeld; David; Smith

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/september/05/fulham-2-1-saudi-arabia?

WhiteJC

He Served Us Well

It`s going to be hard isn`t it, life without the dulcet tones of David Hamilton gracing Craven Cottage.

But everything comes to an end, including our much lamented relegation from the Premier League.

David 'Diddy` Hamilton has called time on his position as stadium announcer, at Craven Cottage, after 18 years of doing the job in such wonderful fashion.

David, a Fulham supporter since the age of nine will be missed around the familiar old ground, let`s hope he put sin regular appearances as a spectator.

David 'Diddy` Hamilton, you certainly did your shift for the cause.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=369696#ixzz3CVEvvOGT

WhiteJC

Ross McCormack left 'ludicrous' Leeds United under a cloud but insists £11m move to Fulham was Massimo Cellino's decision and he did not refuse to turn up for training
Ross McCormack signed for Fulham for £11million from Leeds United
Scottish striker insists he did not refuse to train at Leeds before move
McCormack says controversial owner Massimo Cellino wanted him to leave
Cellino has tried to portray McCormack as forcing through Fulham move
McCormack says he was settled with his family in Leeds before transfer
He is now settling into life at Fulham and is enjoying his time in London
Fulham have started the Championship season poorly under Felix Magath
Striker is unconcerned that he cost just £5m less than Mario Balotelli

Few would describe life at Fulham as serene. But, when you've left behind the car crash that is Leeds United, that's how it feels.

Despite a run of poor results under Felix Magath, as Ross McCormack chats at Fulham's Motspur Park training base, the troubles in Yorkshire couldn't seem farther away.

McCormack is, however, intent on setting the record straight surrounding his departure from Leeds - a switch which made him the most expensive player in Championship history when he moved for a jaw-dropping £11million.

New life: Ross McCormack left Leeds United under a cloud when he moved to Fulham for £11million

Adamant: McCormack (centre) insists he did not refuse to train and that he was forced out by Leeds

Controversial: Leeds owner Massimo Cellino claims McCormack forced through a move to Fulham

Goals: McCormack has been brought to West London in order to fire Fulham back to the Premier League

The striker, 28, claims the version put about by Leeds' Italian owner Massimo Cellino - that the player refused to turn up for training - is laden with inaccuracy. 'It's pretty easy to respond to because it's just pure facts,' McCormack said. 'I was told by the club not to train because they were talking to Fulham.

'They didn't want me injured with the size of the fee - it was important to the club that they didn't miss out on that. I didn't train on the Thursday or Friday. We were off Saturday and Sunday. Monday was the day the fee was agreed. Leeds were going to Italy for pre-season so I was down here doing my medical.' Cellino asserts that was the day McCormack failed to show up for training.

'Where that one came from, that I didn't show up on the Monday to go to training, is ludicrous.' There was no resentment in McCormack's voice, no disbelief. The tone was one of grim acceptance.

'It's just the way that it was always going to be,' he added. 'It was never going to be "thanks for what you did last season, thanks for the help you've given the club". It was pretty nasty in the end to be honest.

New challenge: McCormack has left the car crash at Leeds but is now in a struggling Fulham side

Happy: McCormack says that his family were settled in Yorkshire and he had no desire to leave the club

Struggles: Fulham are languishing towards the bottom of the Championship under Felix Magath this season

Setting sights low: Cellino (right) has already sacked Leeds United boss Dave Hockaday (left) this season

Revolving door: Cellino (right) only parted company with former manager Brian McDermott (right) in May

'The conversations were that the club didn't want me to leave - or Mr Cellino, Mr President... the chairman - he didn't want me to leave. He said you can leave but it's got to come across as you are initiating it.

'So there was a transfer request put in all for the benefit of the club, where they can come across in a good light to the fans.

'Unfortunately at the time the fans probably took sides with the owner. After a few things have come to light maybe they are turning a little bit.

'At the time I didn't want to go. I wasn't the only player that didn't really like what was going on. The only difference was that I was probably the only one who said what he felt. They didn't take too kindly to that.'

Settled: McCormack is starting to get used to life at Fulham and has moved close to the club's training base

Price tag: McCormack moved to Fulham for a hefty £11m but insists that fee will not affect him this season

So, was it the case that Cellino smelled the cash and got shut of McCormack? 'There you go. He named his price and he got it.

It's sad because that was somewhere I honestly thought I was going to finish my career. I believed it was my club.

'I had a house there and was more than happy to retire there. My little man was settled and my missus liked it.'

McCormack now lives close by to Fulham with his girlfriend Courtney and son Layton and has settled well down south. The focus on a different pressure - arresting Fulham's recent slide - is a relief as he prepares to link up with last season's strike partner Matt Smith, who was also shown the door at Leeds.

The huge fee paid by Fulham doesn't daunt him, and he delivered a fair dollop of pragmatism with his reasoning, addressing why there was only a £5m difference between himself and Liverpool's £16m signing Mario Balotelli.

New partnership: McCormack will hope to strike up a good understanding with Matt Smith at Fulham this year

Big money: McCormack cost £5m more than Mario Balotelli, who moved to Liverpool this summer

'What you've got to remember is I had four years left on my contract at Leeds. Fulham had to pay a premium to get me out of that contract,' he added. 'It's hard to sit here and say I could've gone to other clubs but I probably could have. But Fulham were willing to give Leeds the most money. Leeds said "you're either going there or you're not going at all".

'If you're talking Balotelli, if AC Milan didn't want to sell him then he wouldn't be sold for £16m. I'd say there'd be an extra £10m on top of that because he's worth it.'

It is only four years ago that Leeds paid Cardiff £300,000 for McCormack. 'You're worth what someone is willing to pay for you,' he said.

If only there was that kind of reasoning at the club the Scot left behind.

This season, one Football League fan will win the £250,000 Sky Bet Transfer Fund for their club to spend on players in the January 2015 transfer window. Visit www.skybet.com/transferfund for more details.

Prolific: McCormack was the Championship's top scorer last season for Leeds despite the club's struggles

Passion: McCormack celebrates his first Fulham goal against Brentford by kicking the advertising boards

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2745603/Ross-McCormack-left-ludicrous-Leeds-United-11m-Fulham-Massimo-Cellino-s-decision.html#ixzz3CVFxijrn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Tonywa

Quote from: WhiteJC on September 05, 2014, 07:51:16 PM

Fulham manager Felix Magath raves about USA international Emerson Hyndman

Fulham manager Felix Magath is impressed with 18-year-old midfielder Emerson Hyndman.

Emerson Hyndman's debut for the USA national team at the tender age of 18 must have come as a surprise to many, but not to Fulham manager Felix Magath.

The teenager came on as a 67th-minute substitute in the USA's 1-0 victory over the Czech Republic in a friendly international in Prague on Wednesday.

Magath has made the midfielder one of the key players in his team in the Championship after being impressed with his qualities early on.

Hyndmas has played in three of the five league fixtures for the Cottagers this term and boasts of over 90% passing accuracy.

The youngster is a gifted player, and although his displays have not translated into wins for Fulham, Magath is confident that he will play a key role in his team's success this season.

Explaining what makes Hyndman such an impressive player, the former Bayern Munich coach told Fulham's official website: 'He has a wonderful range of passing, short or cross-field.

'He understands tactics, but at 18 years old he has a lot of time to develop and to get experience. I'm sure he will be a good player.

'His role could be similar to the one that Andrea Pirlo plays, responsible for the forward play of the team from deep'.

Magath added: 'I have never seen a player of his age play like he does; he passes like an old professional. He is very responsible with the ball and tries to make things happen'.

Hyndman joined Fulham from FC Dallas in 2011 and has developed impressively. Players at his age often struggle to get playing time for big clubs, but Magath's policy of using youngsters this season has benefitted him.

A player who shows composure and maturity on the football pitch, Hyndman is a good talent, but he still has lots to learn and develop physically. However, given the faith that both Magath and USA coach Jurgen Klinsmann have shown in him so far, it does look that he is on the right track.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/09/04/fulham-manager-felix-magath-raves-about-usa-international-emerso/?

I totally agree with his assessment. but it provokes the question as to why, when he thinks so highly of him, he dropped him after the first two games when, arguably, he had been our best player.  Answers on a postcard............