watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (25.06.10)

Started by White Noise, June 25, 2010, 12:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8721942.stm?
Roy Hodgson in line to become new Liverpool manager

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson is the strong favourite to become the next manager of Liverpool, BBC Sport understands.

An announcement is not expected over the weekend, unless developments progress rapidly over the coming days.

The Reds are still exploring options as they search for a successor to Spaniard Rafael Benitez, whose six-year reign ended earlier this month.

But BBC Sport understands former boss and Anfield legend Kenny Dalglish is not in the running to take over.
Hodgson has remained tight-lipped over rumours linking him with the vacant Liverpool job.

"I'm Fulham manager. I'm perfectly happy at Fulham," the BBC World Cup pundit told presenter Gary Lineker in Cape Town recently. "There's a lot of speculation but I can't enlighten you."

After six years in charge, Benitez left Liverpool by mutual consent and has since joined Champions League winners Inter Milan.

The hugely experienced Hodgson has been in charge of Fulham since December 2007, signing a new 12-month rolling contract in December 2009.

The 62-year-old's achievement in guiding Fulham to the final of the Europa League saw him named manager of the year by the League Manager's Association.

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill, former Real Madrid coach Manuel Pellegrini, ex-Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink, Croatia coach Slaven Bilic and ex-Manchester City manager Mark Hughes have all been linked with the Liverpool post.

WhiteJC

http://hammyend.com/?p=7300
Best of luck, Moritz!!
by GATESY on JUNE 25, 2010

I was delighted to hear this morning that Volzy has found himself a club at long last. He agreed terms last week with newly promoted Bundesliga side, and a friend of ours for our European adventure this season, FC St Pauli. And I'm sure I speak for all of the Fulham fans when I wish him all the luck in the world.

I have always been a big fan of his from when Cookie signed him on loan from the Gunners back in 2004. Always the kind of player who would never let you down he played all over the place, right back, centre back, defensive midfield and on the right side of midfield too he played in the white shirt 125 times and scored four goals. I know it's somewhat of a criminal offense amongst Fulham fans these days, but I for one would have felt more comfortable last season had we had Moritz in the side rather than Painstil, but I understand I'm very much in the minority on that one.

The thing I find strange is that he has spent the whole of the last season in somewhat of a limbo. Between clubs, training with Spanish, German and English clubs for a few weeks here and there, a run in the QPR reserves towards the tail end of the campaign, but nobody came in for him properly. The last season he was with us I got speaking to some Ipswich fans, where he was on loan at the time, and they said that he was a revelation for them and that he was far too good to join them permanently. Then his contract with us ended and he was released. Quite why a club didn't sign him up on a pay per play short term deal is beyond me.

I'll always remember the day we played Chelsea at the Bridge just before Christmas in 2006 and he was plying his trade in midfield at the time. I was asked that morning who I thought would score the 15,000 premier league goal. I said it wouldn't be anybody obvious, it'd be far more likely to be somebody who never scores such as our Volzy. And lo and behold he did. If only I'd sacrificed that pint in the pub for a short walk to the bookies...

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/June/SponsorshipAnnouncement.aspx?
Fulham Teams Up With FXPro

Fulham Football Club has today announced a new and exciting sponsorship deal with FxPro Financial Services Ltd (FxPro). FxPro, a leading global retail broker in FX and CFDs, will join the Club as its Main Sponsor from July 2010 on a three year deal. This will see the FxPro brand appear on the front of the First Team shirt until the summer of 2013.

The agreement, which follows Fulham's recent successes in Europe and its highest ever Barclays Premier League finish, is the biggest in the Club's history. Integral to the agreement is support from FxPro for a variety of Fulham Foundation initiatives, with particular focus, and funding, for Fulham Deaf FC.

Fulham's outstanding media platforms, along with its enviable London location, were important factors for FxPro in the formation of a partnership. The high end hospitality offering, brand positioning, and well executed marketing initiatives reinforced the benefits for both parties in a joint long term union.

Alistair Mackintosh, Chief Executive at Fulham said:

'I am delighted to welcome FxPro to Fulham during a period of such success and optimism on and off the pitch. It is always a cause for celebration when you have an opportunity to work with a brand that shares your commitment and vision for success.

'FxPro already has global presence and, partnering another Premier League football club, will enhance this even further. Clearly this has additional benefits for Fulham's global reach which, following the European success of last season and the recognition the Club received worldwide, is something that we are extremely excited about'.

Denis Sukhotin, Director for FxPro added:

'FxPro is delighted to team up with Fulham Football Club for the next three years. Fulham's success during the last campaign in both the Barclays Premier League and in the UEFA Europa League saw the Club capture the imagination of football fans, not just in the UK but internationally.

'FxPro is committed to raising the profile of Fulham FC and supporting the Club as it seeks to replicate last season's success in the domestic and European competitions during the period of our association.'

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/June/SponsorshipAnnouncement.aspx?#ixzz0rrNTFGj2

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/etheridge_signs_new_deal_533581/index.shtml
Etheridge Signs New Deal

Fulham have signed Philippine international goalkeeper Neil Etheridge to a one-year contract extension.

Etheridge, currently in Manila for a two-week training camp, said he welcomes the challenge of proving himself at Craven Cottage.

"I just want to improve on my game and I'm happy Fulham has given me that opportunity," Etheridge told the Inquirer.

Although he is happy playing for the Fulham reserves, Etheridge said he is willing to be sent on a loan deal to a lower division club so he could get more exposure.

"It doesn't matter if I get sent to a lower division club. For me, that's how I will get better," said the 20-year-old, who is currently the third choice goalkeeper at the club.

Etheridge bounced back resoundingly after undergoing surgery on both knees in September last year. While the club expected him to be out for the season because of tendinitis, Etheridge returned in January and made nine appearances for the Fulham reserves.

"Everyone in the club was surprised by my quick recovery. Maybe that's why they gave me a new contract," he said. Etheridge said he is committed to help the national squad improve its world standing. "I wouldn't have come here if I didn't want to help," he said.

WhiteJC

http://www.tribalfootball.com/fulham-make-contact-ivory-coast-coach-eriksson-931401?
Fulham make contact with Ivory Coast coach Eriksson

Fulham are in talks with Ivory Coast coach Sven Goran Eriksson.

The Daily Express says Fulham have sounded out Sven-Goran Eriksson about becoming a high-profile replacement for Roy Hodgson as he closes in on taking over at Liverpool.

Fulham are determined to ensure the progress made under Hodgson's command does not peter out in the aftermath of his departure and are also considering Mark Hughes and Tony Mowbray.

But Eriksson has emerged as another candidate once his spell as manager of the Ivory Coast in South Africa is over.

Fulham chief executive Alistair Mackintosh has links with Eriksson's agent Athole Still, although the former England coach's salary demands could pose a problem.

WhiteJC

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/129616-rafael-benitez-breaks-liverpool-fc-silence-as-roy-hodgson-appointment-nears.html?
Rafael Benitez breaks Liverpool FC silence as Roy Hodgson appointment nears

Former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has broken his silence since leaving the club and revealed the part that Managing Director Christian Purslow played in his departure.

Speaking candidly about his time on Merseyside, the new Inter Milan manager revealed in a radio interview that his mutual termination earlier this month was agreed whilst he was on holiday in Sardinia with his family.

During the hour-long interview with Radio City, Benitez revealed that Purslow "decided" to end his six-year reign as he is now the man "in charge" at Anfield and maintained that he fought from start to finish to deliver the best for the club's supporters.

He said: "It was really sad [leaving]. I was on holidays so it was a surprise that everything was going on in this way, but at the end of the day it has to be like this because Christian Purslow now is in charge so he decided to do it in this way, and that's it.

"But you have to move forward. I always say to my family that we cannot complain too much and the people of Liverpool are fighters. When I came here I was fighting from the beginning until the end so now I have to do the same [with Inter]. I have to think about the future.

"Again, I will say that I was really pleased here and the fans were amazing but now I cannot stand up and just complain or thinking about the good memories. I have to move forward and do the best for my new club."

Roy Hodgson is set to be installed as the Spaniard's successor when he returns to the UK after working as a World Cup pundit for BBC TV in South Africa.

The 62-year-old saw his hopes of succeeding Fabio Capello as England manager dashed in Port Elizabeth on Wednesday after the national side scraped a 1-0 win over Slovenia to book their place in the knockout stages of the tournament.

He could be joined at Anfield by Mike Kelly if a suitable compensation deal can be agreed with Fulham for their assistant manager.

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/June/PortsmouthFriendly.aspx
Portsmouth Friendly

The Club can confirm that Fulham will play Portsmouth in a pre-season friendly at Fratton Park on Saturday 31st July. The fixture will be a testimonial for Linvoy Primus.

The match on the South Coast will kick-off at 3pm and ticket information will be published on fulhamfc.com in due course. Linvoy Primus played 219 games and scored six goals in 10 seasons at Fratton Park before retiring last season after a long battle to overcome a knee injury.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/June/PortsmouthFriendly.aspx#ixzz0rrkuTbPx