more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Told you Mitroglou needed affection, just scored against Atletico

Started by Greek, September 16, 2014, 09:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

quote author=dannyboi-ffc link=topic=42602.msg584045#msg584045 date=1410904148]
Are you seriously only a member on here because mitroglou played for fulham???

I'm getting Deja Vu (not necessarily from you)

Are you seriously only a member on here because Eddie Lewis played for Fulham
Are you seriously only a member on here because Carlos Bocanegra played for Fulham
Are you seriously only a member on here because Bryan McBride played for Fulham
Are you seriously only a member on here because Eddie Johnson played for Fulham
Are you seriously only a member on here because Kasey Keller played for Fulham
Are you seriously only a member on here because Brian McBride played for Fulham
Are you seriously only a member on here because Emerson Hyndman plays for Fulham
Are you seriously only a member on here because Shahid Khan bought Fulham

You should have been in the bar in Jacksonville (I know, I'm going on about it again) but
I was amongst a lot of serious, knowledgeable and passionate American fans.

It could be that my memory is faded but some of those geezers knew more about the current
and history of Fulham.
They've paid me to say this but Yankee Jim, Love4FFC, JohnnyBoy, Andy Reimer and MAOConnor
all were as invested in the club as I, and all of us are.

Global Branding and Marketing
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Pluto

Don't understand the hatred for Mitroglou in here. Yeah he was expensive and didn't play but that was because Magath froze him out just like he did to Holtby, Tunicliffe, Ruiz, Larnell Cole, Mesca, Amorebieta, Rodallega....hardly Mitroglou's fault. He is on record as saying he wanted to play. It just looks worse because he cost so much and we pinned so much hope on him.

If he plays like he did tonight and like he can do I would welcome him back with open arms, what sane fan wouldn't? It's ok to be disappointed with how the transfer panned out and angry with Ali Mac and Magath, but the personal abuse for Mitroglou is unwarranted. Good luck to him - hope he does well this season.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Pluto on September 17, 2014, 12:28:56 AM
Don't understand the hatred for Mitroglou in here. Yeah he was expensive and didn't play but that was because Magath froze him out just like he did to Holtby, Tunicliffe, Ruiz, Larnell Cole, Mesca, Amorebieta, Rodallega....hardly Mitroglou's fault. He is on record as saying he wanted to play. It just looks worse because he cost so much and we pinned so much hope on him.

If he plays like he did tonight and like he can do I would welcome him back with open arms, what sane fan wouldn't? It's ok to be disappointed with how the transfer panned out and angry with Ali Mac and Magath, but the personal abuse for Mitroglou is unwarranted. Good luck to him - hope he does well this season.

I agree, I've written satirical stuff, but I don't think he has been given a 'fair hearing'
It does take all sorts of people in this world, some we like, some we don't and some
rapists and real arseholes.
These people are in all walks of life, we meet them everyday.
And yet, here's a geezer who nobody knows and I go back to the moralistic "we don't
know the real truth, we can only surmise".
I defy anyone to categorically prove that he is a 'conman' and all of the other abusive
things that have been said.
$10 or a ticket to see the new Noddy movie to the first person to prove any of this drivel

So how can we really put him in the "ducking stool "

+ the unnecessary criticism of "Greek" who came 'in peace"
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Greek

Comments from Mitroglou:

Mitroglou rediscovers scoring touch after England disappointment
By REUTERS
PUBLISHED: 00:10, 17 September 2014 | UPDATED: 00:10, 17 September 2014

By Graham Wood
ATHENS, Sept 16 (Reuters) - Kostas Mitroglou banished the memories of his disappointing spell in England after breaking a 10-month goal drought as Olympiakos Piraeus secured a thrilling 3-2 Champions League win over Atletico Madrid on Tuesday.
The 26-year-old striker, who had last scored in November 2013 in a World Cup playoff for Greece, grabbed the third goal in what was a stunning victory for the Greek champions in their Group A opener.
Mitroglou was at Fulham last season but struggled with injury and loss of form and made only one start for the London club as they were relegated from the Premier League.
"I came to Olympiakos to help them and for the club also to help me," Mitroglou told reporters.
"I know what I can do and today I just played the way I know how to play football. It is important that (Olympiakos coach) Michel is in the dugout. He knows me and we have mutual trust and after finding my feet again tonight I feel absolutely fine."

Olympiakos were handed a dream start when slack Atletico marking at a corner allowed young French defender Arthur Masuaku to drill home a low shot.
It got even better for the hosts just after the half-hour mark when Ibrahim Afellay doubled the advantage.
Mario Mandzukic pulled a goal back for Atletico - last year's Champions League runners-up - seven minutes before halftime, but the visitors fell behind again to Mitroglou's 73rd-minute strike on the turn from Pajtim Kasami's centre.
Atletico substitute Antoine Griezmann set up a tense finish with a close-range strike with four minutes left, but Michel's team clung on for victory.
It was a win which left Atletico coach Diego Simeone, who was serving a touchline ban, with plenty to mull over.
"Obviously this was a very negative result for us," said the Argentine.
"Clearly Olympiakos are in a good position and what we feel now is a higher sense of responsibility to turn things around.
"We did threaten all throughout the match, but they (Olympiakos) were very determined and they got a valuable win."
NO FEAR
Masuaku, who scored the opener on his Champions League debut, believes Olympiakos have no need to fear the bigger clubs.
"We are a young team, but we showed today that we have good chemistry," the 20-year-old said.
"This helps in football, when you have a strong connection with your team mates then you play good football and score goals. I don't think we should fear anyone based on the way we have played," the former Valenciennes player added.
Atletico's French forward Antoine Griezmann praised the home fans, who created an intimidating atmosphere that helped contribute to a memorable night for the hosts.
"I take my hat off to the Olympiakos fans; they were incredible and made a difference," he told reporters.
"We didn't underestimate Olympiakos, our coach had told us that we would be up against an excellent team and it showed on the pitch. We have to try not to repeat the same mistakes in the next match if we want to bounce back." (Editing by Justin Palmer and Toby Davis)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-2758652/Mitroglou-rediscovers-scoring-touch-England-disappointment.html#ixzz3DX24aL4n
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The goals in a 1 min video - English com:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hazpJj1UUiU

RolandAJ

Quote from: Pluto on September 17, 2014, 12:28:56 AM

Agree.  I watched Ruiz play well here in Los Angeles the other night and now have seen a Kasami/Mitroglou goal in Champions League today.

Makes me sick.  Can't wait for extended "highlights" of Magath's bunch on Thursday.

I love Fulham and always thought promotion would take two seasons at best, but this start is just horrible.  How could it be worse?  One point?  I'm an optimist, but damn!

COYWs!!!!!

Roland
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy."  Milan Kundera

Or does that not count because it doesn't fit your grouch-centric opinion?

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on September 17, 2014, 12:26:17 AM

Are you seriously only a member on here because Carlos Bocanegra played for Fulham
Are you seriously only a member on here because Emerson Hyndman plays for Fulham

You should have been in the bar in Jacksonville (I know, I'm going on about it again) but

It could be that my memory is faded but some of those geezers knew more about the current
and history of Fulham.
They've paid me to say this but Yankee Jim, Love4FFC, JohnnyBoy, Andy Reimer and MAOConnor

Well if those questions were asked to those fans they could simply say 'no'. "I support fulham because I love the club and take pride in cheering on everyone who wears the black and white, not just my country man."

I have no issue with where fulham fans come from, who am I to dictate? Im not racist or ignorant either but joining a fulham  forum and then obsessively following one countryman even though he is out on loan is a bit odd where I come from.

Theres a big difference between stalking one player with no love for our club and being a foreigner in the fulham family. Dont get the two mixed up because I think the latter is wonderful.

I love beckham but I didnt follow him to madrid, milan or mls. In fact I had so much of my energy focused on fulham that I didnt really give a toss. It was nice to see him do well but at the end of the day following him would be pointless
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Pie and mash

Agree with the OP, a run of games, someone in his ear telling him he's wanted here and a manager that isn't a clown and Mitro would've ripped this division apart and recouped his fee.

Maybe Khan made shipping him out compulsory who knows.

Peacock

It was not about affection. He came to Fulham after a fairly bad injury. To a different style of football. He eventually played one and a half games for Fulham a team who were not exactly pulling up trees! Or playing to the style he was familiar with. He was labelled a flop based on that. The problem was Fulham buying an injured player and then hiring magath!!! Still if Mitroglu had run around like a headless chicken everyone would have praised him. The fact is he has scored 9 champions league goals in 13 games against good sides not to mention his international goals. Fact is he was never given a chance with an extended run. If there is any blame to be attached I suggest people should look closer to home. Trust me I am not trolling here I'm just saying it as I see it. Oh and I can assure anyone who is interested that the average Olympiakos fan couldn't give two hoots about the national team. It's all about Olympiakos.

Peacock

Sorry in addition the fella that has been trolling on here is probably not obsessed he probably got frustrated by reading the tripe in the papers and wherever detailing what a useless so and so Mitroglu was when clearly he was not and was not being given the same respect that for example that 30 million pound crock Andy Carroll was.

RaySmith

I'm someone who always spoke up in support for Mitro - and was  genuinely upset that I never got to see him at his best, and regularly playing for us. I thought that might happen this season.........

I even said that I thought he did well in the WC - all things considered, when everyone else seemed to criticise him.

But I don't want to blame anyone for the whole fiasco surrounding his transfer, and his hardly playing  for us, because I just don't know why?/what?/how?/ who?/ - but one person I would never blame is Mitro himself, whom I've always felt sympathy for in this situation which must have been very difficult for him, and I'm glad he is doing well now.

YankeeJim

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 17, 2014, 05:58:37 AM

and history of Fulham.

Well if those questions were asked to those fans they could simply say 'no'. "I support fulham because I love the club and take pride in cheering on everyone who wears the black and white, not just my country man."

I have no issue with where fulham fans come from, who am I to dictate? Im not racist or ignorant either but joining a fulham  forum and then obsessively following one countryman even though he is out on loan is a bit odd where I come from.

Theres a big difference between stalking one player with no love for our club and being a foreigner in the fulham family. Dont get the two mixed up because I think the latter is wonderful.

I love beckham but I didnt follow him to madrid, milan or mls. In fact I had so much of my energy focused on fulham that I didnt really give a toss. It was nice to see him do well but at the end of the day following him would be pointless

I think Rogers means that questions such as he listed should not even be asked. Doing so has a bit of arrogance about it. As I've said before, something brings you to Fulham. Being born in SW6 is only one way. I'm sure there are some that were Fulham fans and then followed a favorite to another team. However someone got here is unimportant; it only matters that you are here and love Fulham.  049:gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: YankeeJim on September 17, 2014, 05:54:29 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 17, 2014, 05:58:37 AM

and history of Fulham.

I think Rogers means that questions such as he listed should not even be asked. Doing so has a bit of arrogance about it. As I've said before, something brings you to Fulham. Being born in SW6 is only one way. I'm sure there are some that were Fulham fans and then followed a favorite to another team. However someone got here is unimportant; it only matters that you are here and love Fulham.  049:gif

THIS POST WAS REMOVED DUE TO OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Greek

I joined to discuss mitroglou and tell you what to expect having watched him most his career. As far as I was concerned I wanted him to do well and Fulham. Is that not allowed?

nose

Quote from: Greek on September 17, 2014, 06:59:56 PM
I joined to discuss mitroglou and tell you what to expect having watched him most his career. As far as I was concerned I wanted him to do well and Fulham. Is that not allowed?

that is allowed and comendable but you never expected he wouldn't play and we paid a fortune for the privelidge plus got relegated partly because we had no class striker.

Greek

I thought there was a chance of a disaster - read my first ever post on these forums that is more of a dark  foreboding and warning than anything resembling a big up of mitroglou..

Greeks in general have difficulties with the pace of the premiership. I stated from day 1 this was a massive gamble if the club did not act mature with this transfer. The injury - i did not know the extent, but I knew and said he looked off in his last games for olympiakos last season.

GreekNick

So you are now crossing your fingers for Mitroglou to keep scoring so that Olympiacos will buy him back??LMAO
The only mistake that the owner did is that he bought a player for 15mil euros for a manager that wanted him and knew what was Kostas capable (Rene Meulensteen ) fired and brought Mr Felix Magath well known for all the clubs he distroyed.

Anyway i would like to thank Mr Magath not only for letting Mitrogoal leave on loan but thank him also about Kasami.

Hope the choice of the next coach will be made more wisely

P.S Yes Olympiacos would buy him back for half the money. But not be surprised if he sells him again for 15 mil

grandad

I hope Mitroglou scores 20+ goals this season as he will still be a Fulham player & we can then decide to have him back or sell him at a better price than now.
Where there's a will there's a wife