more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm No Longer Angry

Started by jags24, September 07, 2014, 06:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jags24

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 09, 2014, 11:08:23 PM

perfectly put and I agree 100 percent. His team selection and performance against cardiff means ill back him (tolerate him) for 3 more games. But if results dont follow then I feel we would be better off without him. It shouldnt of taken a manager of any experience, let alone the years magath has to pick a decent team at the 5th time of asking. Especially when the magath critics like myself were demanding that 11 or very similar before the season kicked off.

Hopefully magath builds on that cardiff game now but I say that with hope and not with confidence!

Danny, I agree with a lot of what you write on this board, but I don't like the idea of holding a proverbial gun to a manager's head based on team selection.  We know that FM is under a lot of pressure, but as a manager it is hard to have a crystal ball.

That's not saying that FM's team selection hasn't sometimes been very strange, I think we all understand that.  It's a results-driven business and managers will always get the sack, but I think there ought to be a general sense when/if it's time for FM to go.

jags24

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 08, 2014, 12:43:22 AM
I felt more hope after the first two games but then Felix messed it up and have no faith in him now. But I think I said before about not being angry any more. Way passed that now. Time for anger was seasons ago when it felt we were being abandoned. Not angry, not hopeful just waiting for Fulham to start behaving like a proper football club and not a disassociated bunch of strangers.

Maybe the downhill slide began seasons ago, and you have written that you were angry then.  But nothing at that point occurred that would indicate this level of chaos.  A lot of people prior to last season thought we'd finish mid-table in the prem.

premFlem

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on September 09, 2014, 10:56:50 PM
Quote from: premFlem on September 09, 2014, 06:05:04 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 08, 2014, 12:18:59 PM
Quote from: premFlem on September 08, 2014, 12:05:57 AM
Quote from: alfie on September 07, 2014, 08:16:11 PM
Quote from: MJs Statue on September 07, 2014, 07:20:40 PM
I think I'm with you. As long as FM continues to play sensible lineups, I think results will come. Hope he incorporates Ruiz and Amore as well. If he doesn't they could become even more of a distraction. 

Trouble is a sensible line up in your mind might be different to someone else, so who is right and who is wrong?

+1    also adding the idea of creating a winning football team without using trial and error is quite honestly laughable.

Some might believe it is even more laughable to work with fotheringham for 6 weeks and then decide in our 3rd game that he is good enough to replace hyndman or david. Burn not getting a chance.

Theres a big difference between trying out different styles and tweeking a team into a winner and having absolutely no clue what team to play after 8 months in a job.

He seems to be on track now but the only thing.laughable about the first 4 games was the mistakes magath made, not the fans who were calling for a.similar.team to cardiff 4 games earlier than the so called.manager.

Were a professional club, not a charity. You shouldnt need to play a whole.squad to know whos ready and whos not. You should.atleast havw an idea after 6 pre season games.

Hopefully felix keeps it up
Magath has more than 40 years of  experience in the game achieving  success both as a player and manager we shouldn't think its so easy to second guess characters like this.
Using chess as an analogy he's probably at least 3 or 4 moves ahead of the both of us all the time.
On a more personal note you've got to let go of last season my friend, we hung on to Jol for to long then gave the reigns to a complete novice, by the time Magath came on the scene the team were to far gone, there  was never going to be a miracle.
wins will start coming our way now I'm very nearly certain. lol

Yours is really a silly line of argument.

Clearly all our managers have had more experience in the game than any of us. By your logic we should have stuck with Jol and you are not fit to say we hung on to Jol for too long because he is clearly at least one or two steps ahead of you.

You keep referring to Magath's past experience. As they say on investment advertisements "Past Performance Is Not A Guarantee Of Future Returns".

We are not interested in Magath's past glories for teams who are not Fulham. We can see the results. Magath last season was on a par with Jol. This season he has 1 from 15 and he has only in the fifth game chosen a starting eleven close to that the `wisdom of the crowd' told us we should have picked. He needs to up his game from relegation fodder to at least something near average in the next three games.
I disagree my opinion of Jol would be based on more than 2 years of experience of watching his decisions.
5 games is simply not enough to have any real idea about Magath.
Saying "We can see the results. Magath last season was on a par with Jol". is probably the silliest line of your argument because it was Jols lame squad he was having to work with.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Perhaps a few more 'testing' friendlies might have helped with trying out people.

Also strange was the fact that there were no home friendlies, perhaps Felix thought
we might get on his back sooner, but of course he doesn't give a tinkers cuss what we
thinK we're only the LIFE BLOOD OF THE CLUB.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

love4ffc

Funny how almost every post of late comes back to either sacking FM, AM or Khan of late.  Guess it is a sign of the times we are living in with in our beloved club. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

jags24

Quote from: love4ffc on September 10, 2014, 02:27:22 AM
Funny how almost every post of late comes back to either sacking FM, AM or Khan of late.  Guess it is a sign of the times we are living in with in our beloved club. 

I think it's a sign of our place in the league table.  Maybe I'm not optimistic about how things will turn out this year, but Felix has done some good things, like playing Hyndman.  It has not been all bad.

The only bad thing was benching Dan Burn.  Unfortunately, I think it cost us a couple of matches.  I had criticized that one from the get-go.  I will say, if we see Burn back on the sidelines, then Felix really ought to be fired.

Snibbo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 10, 2014, 07:17:21 AM
It is as clear as bell that FM is unsuitable and unqualified to Manage Fulham or any other English Club come to mention it. Due to his incompetence, Fulham have wasted 13 out of the first 15 points on the field, which pales into insignificance the damage FM is doing to the club off the pitch, with the Chairmans blessing.  Mr Bean and Frank Spencer come immediately to mind.
"Clear as a bell"? Really? Based on what exactly?

Lost matches yes, but some good performances too. Big turnover of players yes, but that was essential. Gripes from ex-players yes, but no surprises there, that's what spurned players do. Team spirit - looks pretty good to me.  Too many youngsters? Perhaps but some of them look bloody good. Bad signings? - Bodurov, Staf, Hoogland all look pretty good.

Not clear as a bell to me. I'm expecting results to improve very soon, but if they don't then you might have more of a case. At the moment, I think there's a lot of hysteria and rumour mongering going on.

westcliff white

I am not FM' sbiggest fan and for me he should go, however the first half performance at Cardiff was by far the best since he has taken over. Last season he was no better or worse than Jol, I think Rene had us going the right way but the decision was made and his record was comparable to both FM and MJ.

This years start has simply put been woeful, but as I say the first half against Cardiff was better if he continues to pick that team without tinkering to much then we should progress up the table. Ruiz and Amore to come in? maybe to the bench to start if FM decides to use them, it in my opinion this is a situation he cant win in with those two, if he brings them in and we lose people will say he is messing up, if he doesn't and we lose it will be why isn't he playing them, if he does and we win people will say told you so, if he doesn't and we win again people will say we told you so don't change the team.

Regarding signings he has made some decent ones Bouderov, Hoogland and potentially Smith look decent (staf has moments where he looks either decent or bad), but then he has made soime bad ones in my eyes too Fotheringham and Kiraly (now I know people will say bring on the youngsters, we have a coach etc, and if as the chairman said money no object the 5 or 6 for a decent keeper would have been a good investment, 12 was too much i agree), but then all managers make good and bad signing's so he isn't the only one.

I do not think we can go on forever blindly though, 3 maybe 5 games and if we have not take say 6 or 10 points form those games and got into mid table sort of area then we have to look to make a change as something clearly isn't working.
Every day is a Fulham day