more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

3 points a must, no more excuses

Started by SouthWest6, September 12, 2014, 03:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jem

Quote from: SouthWest6 on September 12, 2014, 03:38:05 PM
There is no excuses this weekend, we need 3 points, or we can really kiss goodbye to our season, and in turn Felix Magath. I know he's not to everyone's taste, but surely a defeat to Reading will signal the end of his reign, and what this Club is trying to achieve. A defeat to Reading will mean it's just 1pt in 18, which on any level isn't good enough.
m
I really hope it doesn't come to this, I really hope we push on and make a statement against Reading and then Notts Forrest, because in reality, this is what we should be achieving.

I'm not very confident after recent events, but like every other fan, I wait eagerly with baited breath. 

Kiss goodbye to our season after 6 matches, Jeeze!

Also sorry to be pedantic but it is Nottingham Forrest and Notts County.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

SouthWest6

Quote from: Jem on September 12, 2014, 10:20:09 PM
There is no excuses this weekend, we need 3 points, or we can really kiss goodbye to our season, and in turn Felix Magath. I know he's not to everyone's taste, but surely a defeat to Reading will signal the end of his reign, and what this Club is trying to achieve. A defeat to Reading will mean it's just 1pt in 18, which on any level isn't good enough.
m
I really hope it doesn't come to this, I really hope we push on and make a statement against Reading and then Notts Forrest, because in reality, this is what we should be achieving.

I'm not very confident after recent events, but like every other fan, I wait eagerly with baited breath. 

Youre right, that is really anal.

Jem

Quote from: SouthWest6 on September 12, 2014, 10:23:56 PM
m

Not really. Ask anyone who comes from Nottingham. A little like saying Chelsea is in SW6.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

SouthWest6

Quote from: Jem on September 12, 2014, 10:30:02 PM
m

Not really. Ask anyone who comes from Nottingham. A little like saying Chelsea is in SW6.

I don't think most would care, or even give it the time of day, this is a Fulham forum, not a Notts Forrest one.

Jem

Quote from: SouthWest6 on September 12, 2014, 10:32:57 PM
Quote from: Jem on September 12, 2014, 10:30:02 PM
m

I don't think most would care, or even give it the time of day, this is a Fulham forum, not a Notts Forrest one.
Have it your way. I thought this forum allowed a general discussion about football.
― Groucho Marx

alfie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 12, 2014, 07:43:39 PM
Magath did contribute to getting us relegated, 3pts lost at Stoke. 2pts lost at home to Hull. 2pts lost at home to Palace. To name just 3 matches under Magath, that's 7pts more than enough to keep us up, there wS plenty of time to save us from the drop, but because he was unsuitable and too incompetent and with any knowledge of English football he failed miserably, there were plenty of games to pick up points losing at Cardiff and Spurs and drawing with Albion that's 8 more Pts dropped, blimey there were enough Pts left to qualify for Europe. If the trend carries on tomorrow then the writing should be on the wall in Capital Letters in inverted comas, underlined twice in flashing coloured lights. Let's look at the facts. Fix Wolfgang Magath was brought in specifically to save Fulham from relegation, at Rene's expense. Magath failed miserably dropping points all over the place whilst making blunder after blunder, whereas there were plenty of Managers that would have saved Fulham, I can think of at least a dozen I know who run a team on a Sunday morning that would have done a better job, nobody can tell me Magath is exempt from any blame.

You know a dozen from Sunday morning foot ball that could do a better, why of course you do, and please don't worry nobody can tell you anything, as for me I would rather believe we can do it rather than forever and day saying we can't.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Baszab

cmg

Quote from: SouthWest6 on September 12, 2014, 10:32:57 PM

"IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH."

Old George got it right again (that's Orwell, not Cohen.)

Burt

This will be a good indication of whether the improvements we saw against Cardiff were the start of a trend that shows that at last the team are starting to gel, or whether it was all a flash in the pan and we are in for one long hard slog of a season.

Regardless, don't underestimate the challenge that FM has been handed. We have been through a massive overhaul in a short space of time and it would have been a miracle for any manager to have started getting results from a brand new team so soon in to a new season.

Lighthouse

There will be excuses should the worst happen. But despite the huge turnover and work that has had to be done at Fulham. We really should be seeing a better return than 1 point. A huge job that seems to be made more difficult by some of the managers decisions. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Nick Bateman

m

Excuse me for butting in but I am not sometimes given the nickname Nick Bateman "Knows His Footy" for nothing.

One can say Notts Forest as it is an abbreviation, but one cannot say Nottingham County.  Many scoreboards (BBC, Sky, ITV, etc) use the shorter Notts Forest often and the Forest fans do not mind.  Also note it is Forest, not Forrest which was the first name of some American actor I recall.

Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Nick Bateman

Quote from: alfie on September 12, 2014, 04:04:56 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on September 12, 2014, 03:52:51 PM
I feel it is virtually last chance saloon time for Magath; we did improve in our last game but again FM made awful substitutions with his typical "mad scientist" experiments with debutants at crucial times (as he did to get Fulham relegated).

The Felix Magath Fan Club may finally admit Fulham need a new man at the helm.  I'm hopeful for a win but predict..... draw!  Playing Fulham, the  Man U of the South is Reading's cup final, after all.

He did not get Fulham relegated there was no way out of that, I am not a member of any FM fan club or indeed in the I want him out club, but I really do hope you are proved wrong.

Meulensteen would I believe have steered Fulham to safety in the remaining games, as his last two matches Fulham were playing the best football under him.  Magath came in stating catergorically he would keep Fulham up; there was no doubt, no equivocation, he was CERTAIN.  Therefore, he is responsible for our relegation and I have not forgotten that fact!

Fulham, now languishing at the foot of the table in the Championship, with 1 draw to their tally.  I hope people like you are right about Magath but you cannot fault the majority who see the abject displays and 'bonkers' tactics without cohesion nor direction every week.  Perhaps the new (Leeds) forwards will change our form, for that reason I say a draw today!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Burt

Quote from: Nick Bateman on September 13, 2014, 12:21:55 PM
m

Excuse me for butting in but I am not sometimes given the nickname Nick Bateman "Knows His Footy" for nothing.

One can say Notts Forest as it is an abbreviation, but one cannot say Nottingham County.  Many scoreboards (BBC, Sky, ITV, etc) use the shorter Notts Forest often and the Forest fans do not mind.  Also note it is Forest, not Forrest which was the first name of some American actor I recall.

Gump?

Having lived in Nottingham for 3 years I feel more qualified than most to say that Notts County are never Nottingham County, always Notts County. In fact County also does the trick. Forest on the other hand does get preceded by either Nottingham or Notts, but more often than not is just good old Forest.

Baszab

One Martin Thomas

... no more excuses !!!  Enter Matt Smith.  Magath must be pinching himself.

SouthWest6

MarryatsChild

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on September 13, 2014, 03:28:40 PM

I suspect FM is counting his blessings  -  he had been scratching his head and creating fresh excuses already. He now has one ready made.

fulhamben

Quote from: MarryatsChild on September 13, 2014, 03:39:01 PM
Quote from: One Martin Thomas on September 13, 2014, 03:28:40 PM

I suspect FM is counting his blessings  -  he had been scratching his head and creating fresh excuses already. He now has one ready made.
yes but he dropped woodrow for the donkey so he should be sacked for that alone
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MarryatsChild

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 13, 2014, 03:45:14 PM
When Magath scratched his head he got splinters.

Fulham expects every man to do their duty. (to mis-quote Nelson's signal)

Come on Felix, do the honourable thing and fall on your splinters.