watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mackintosh to go.

Started by 1finfulham, September 13, 2014, 10:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1finfulham

It's one thing the managers coming and going but how about the guy that employs them?surely he's is just as responsible!?

westcliff white

Right now I don't care about Ali Mac we need rid of the joke we call a manager, after that other things can / should be dealt with by the owner
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

So you want Ally Mac sacked which would Leave a chairman and board that has zero experience in football and know nothing of Fulham and a manager who seems to have the ear of the Khan.
Would be a mistake at this time to sack the CEO.

1finfulham

The idea is that both of them go. And the so called experience has got us no where so far!

MJG

Ok so who at the club with any Fulham / football knowledge talks to Khan if Ally Mac was sacked.?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: MJG on September 13, 2014, 10:49:24 PM
Ok so who at the club with any Fulham / football knowledge talks to Khan if Ally Mac was sacked.?

Someone else.

According to FM he speaks directly to Khan anyway (apparently)

What pray are the differences between running a football club and for example an NFL club or Harlequins for that matter.
The fundamentals of running most businesses are relatively similar.
The owner employees a GM or CEO who oversees the operation. Some knowledge of the industry helps but not always necessary.
eg: A Car company employed a CEO who had previously been CEO at a 'White goods company"
The GM employs people who know that industry, in this case a a CFO and a Director of Football.
The CFO oversees the finances including the hot dog stalls.
The DOF employs a manager who in turn employs coaches, assistants etc.....etc

It's surely not that complicated.

ie: get rid of AM and FM
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Apprentice to the Maestro

Why do some people think that Mackintosh decides on the hiring and firing of managers? He didn't under Al-Fayed so why should he under Khan?

The delay in sacking Jol, the messing around over Meulensteen, the hiring of Magath and the delay in sacking Magath seems to be consistent with having a novice Chair.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on September 13, 2014, 11:34:17 PM
Why do some people think that Mackintosh decides on the hiring and firing of managers? He didn't under Al-Fayed so why should he under Khan?

The delay in sacking Jol, the messing around over Meulensteen, the hiring of Magath and the delay in sacking Magath seems to be consistent with having a novice Chair.

Khan is not stupid (I believe) and he obviously took his direction from the 'seasoned' AM
MAF knew more and was involved in the decision process.
Khan thought wrong, that's all
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on September 13, 2014, 11:36:32 PM

Khan is not stupid (I believe) and he obviously took his direction from the 'seasoned' AM
MAF knew more and was involved in the decision process.
Khan thought wrong, that's all

It is not obvious, it is speculation.

I don't believe Khan is stupid but he is naive. He dropped all the non-executive directors and appointed his man Lamming from the Jaguars. He should have added some footballing experience possibly in the form of a Director of Football such as Trevor Brooking or someone of similar experience.

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

I actually believe Kahn is pretty stupid.

SouthWest6

TrexFFC

All of Khan's investments are failures.  I would love to know how he has been able to make money.

dannyboi-ffc

In my opinion both should be sacked today, as it is still early in the season I think we can afford a couple of weeks to take our time to find the right man just like palace did with pulis.

Replace ali mac first and let kit take the reigns for now..... then let kit and a new ceo work together to find the best man for fulham and one who will be prepared to work with kit.

Symons wont do any worse against forest, doncaster and blackburn anyway and I believe the players would turn into a fantastic team over night. Its clear they hate the manager and I dont blame them, to be honest Im starting to think they are so unhappy that they played so badly on purpose.

Mcdermott, hughton, steve clarke and hoddle would be my shortlist.

Also if you look at managers who were promoted after us, most of them are british with the exception of tigana and di matteo. Thats not a coincidence, its proof what credentials are needed at this level and with a club like fulham. We just got very very lucky with tigana.

Get them both out now!!!!!!!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

leonffc

There was a story in the press that was about when Magath got the job that Mac met him a few years ago at a football event and got on well with him and remained friends.
If true I'd say he had a pretty big hand in it!!

1finfulham

If khan is making all the decisions then what is the point of Mac being there? Get him and Magoo out and bring in Malky and his mate from the board at Palace .

Quote from: 1finfulham on September 14, 2014, 04:08:06 PM
If khan is making all the decisions then what is the point of Mac being there? Get him and Magoo out and bring in Malky and his mate from the board at Palace .

Mackintosh runs the business side which includes the negotiation of contracts and transfers.

If Khan follows Al-Fayed's role then he will decide on the firing and hiring of the managers and the budget for transfers and wages plus have a veto over player transfers.

Fulham1959

How about threads like this being entitled, "I think Mackintosh should go", rather than making it sound like a decision has been made ?

Vinnieffc

I don't intend to be a Magoo apologist but let's take a step back here. He inherited an old,disinterested team and has had the guts to bring in the youngsters as well as signing a decent forward line. I say give him until Xmas. If no improvement, I'll be head of the queue to chop him.

Frank

I am a german fan of Felix. So answer me a question:
Who is resposible that nearly all our players from last season are gone (the goods ones).
It was said that Sidwell wanted to stay. Why he was not offered a decent contract?
I know you will not answer my question because most of you are on the level of calling other people idiots, jokes, ...
Find a new manager who can manage easily a nearly complete new team.
Our youngsters and the players Felix signed are not so bad. I hope they will stay. If they leave at the end of this season Fulham is finished.

Quote from: Frank on September 14, 2014, 05:07:12 PM
I am a german fan of Felix. So answer me a question:
Who is resposible that nearly all our players from last season are gone (the goods ones).
It was said that Sidwell wanted to stay. Why he was not offered a decent contract?
I know you will not answer my question because most of you are on the level of calling other people idiots, jokes, ...
Find a new manager who can manage easily a nearly complete new team.
Our youngsters and the players Felix signed are not so bad. I hope they will stay. If they leave at the end of this season Fulham is finished.

The assumption is that there were constraints imposed by financial fair play (FFP) and Khan's sustainable budget so there was pressure to reduce the wage bill and earn capital through sales, that Magath did not want to re-sign the aged players out of contract like Diarra, Karagounis, Duff and Riise, that Magath was willing to sell players like Dejagah, Kasami, Richardson, Reither and Stockdale for fair fees, that others like Tunnicliffe and Stekelenburg he wanted rid off and that he was or would have been happy to lose Mitroglou, Rodallega and Ruiz. It seems that Hangeland dithered about signing a new contract and Sidwell wanted a longer contract than he was to be offered. Most fans will have accepted the majority of these losses saying that they would have kept one or two.

Any manager should be able to build a new team. That's what managers do.

Most agree that the young players are very promising. Most of the new players look fair for this level but hardly show the ambition to return immediate to the PL as claimed by Khan.

Magath has clearly the best record as a manager of any manager ever coming to Fulham.

The problem with Magath is that he failed to improve the team last season making some strange selection and substitution decisions and these problems have continued into this season. There are not the signs of progress that we should expect or needed after gaining only 1 point from a possible 18.