Main Menu

Mackintosh to go.

Started by 1finfulham, September 13, 2014, 10:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on September 14, 2014, 08:16:22 PM
Quote from: Frank on September 14, 2014, 05:07:12 PM
I am a german fan of Felix. So answer me a question:
Who is resposible that nearly all our players from last season are gone (the goods ones).
It was said that Sidwell wanted to stay. Why he was not offered a decent contract?
I know you will not answer my question because most of you are on the level of calling other people idiots, jokes, ...
Find a new manager who can manage easily a nearly complete new team.
Our youngsters and the players Felix signed are not so bad. I hope they will stay. If they leave at the end of this season Fulham is finished.

The assumption is that there were constraints imposed by financial fair play (FFP) and Khan's sustainable budget so there was pressure to reduce the wage bill and earn capital through sales, that Magath did not want to re-sign the aged players out of contract like Diarra, Karagounis, Duff and Riise, that Magath was willing to sell players like Dejagah, Kasami, Richardson, Reither and Stockdale for fair fees, that others like Tunnicliffe and Stekelenburg he wanted rid off and that he was or would have been happy to lose Mitroglou, Rodallega and Ruiz. It seems that Hangeland dithered about signing a new contract and Sidwell wanted a longer contract than he was to be offered. Most fans will have accepted the majority of these losses saying that they would have kept one or two.

Any manager should be able to build a new team. That's what managers do.

Most agree that the young players are very promising. Most of the new players look fair for this level but hardly show the ambition to return immediate to the PL as claimed by Khan.

Magath has clearly the best record as a manager of any manager ever coming to Fulham.

The problem with Magath is that he failed to improve the team last season making some strange selection and substitution decisions and these problems have continued into this season. There are not the signs of progress that we should expect or needed after gaining only 1 point from a possible 18.

Good post
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES